Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
[quote name="Munchcatto" date="2020-04-13 05:18:59" ] [quote name="menghuancat" date="2020-04-13 01:23:40" ] Heyyy [s]I'm just very selfish and am suggesting something based on my own taste[/s] I was thinking, cuz you know this new babe has these insect-looking wings. And honestly, we don't have many large-eyed dragons when we have this amazing eye-type system (right now we only have spiral and fae, and perma babies who can't wear any skins). So I was thinking, maybe we can have larger eyes for them? Like how insects all have large eyes? I'd be so happy to pay 2000g for my special-eyed dragons so I can actually seeeeeee their pretty eyes (and I'm a skydancer lover so you know the pain) And was also thinking insect antenna instead of whiskers cuz.....more buggy looking? (idk I just love insect-looking so much) [center] [img]https://s1.ax1x.com/2020/04/13/GjRwLt.png[/img] [img]https://s1.ax1x.com/2020/04/13/GjRdsI.png[/img][/center] [/quote] YES TO ALL OF THIS [/quote] I really like the larger eyes as well. I think they both fit and enhance the design by giving the dragon an additional insect-like feature to go with the wings. It would also give us another breed where the eyes are actually large enough to take advantage of all the wonderful eye variants & mods that we have now, most are too small to see any real difference with anything other than the glow eyes, and it’s a shame since they are all good! I personally think the antenna look great, but I can take or leave them, looks good either way. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mane, but even after the latest changes, I agree that the mane should be altered a little more to make the curve of the neck more clear. As it is, it’s kind of an optical illusion where the neck could be turned to the left or right, kind of hard to tell. Personally, I feel like the mane should be drawn a little differently so more of the dragons actual body shows. We don’t need to worry about it interfering with apparel, but I am concerned that it might interfere with genes, making them look cut-off or too busy, and simply the fact that I think most people like having the genes they spend t or g on show more.
Munchcatto wrote on 2020-04-13 05:18:59:
menghuancat wrote on 2020-04-13 01:23:40:
Heyyy I'm just very selfish and am suggesting something based on my own taste I was thinking, cuz you know this new babe has these insect-looking wings. And honestly, we don't have many large-eyed dragons when we have this amazing eye-type system (right now we only have spiral and fae, and perma babies who can't wear any skins).

So I was thinking, maybe we can have larger eyes for them? Like how insects all have large eyes? I'd be so happy to pay 2000g for my special-eyed dragons so I can actually seeeeeee their pretty eyes (and I'm a skydancer lover so you know the pain)

And was also thinking insect antenna instead of whiskers cuz.....more buggy looking? (idk I just love insect-looking so much)
GjRwLt.png

GjRdsI.png

YES TO ALL OF THIS

I really like the larger eyes as well. I think they both fit and enhance the design by giving the dragon an additional insect-like feature to go with the wings. It would also give us another breed where the eyes are actually large enough to take advantage of all the wonderful eye variants & mods that we have now, most are too small to see any real difference with anything other than the glow eyes, and it’s a shame since they are all good!

I personally think the antenna look great, but I can take or leave them, looks good either way.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mane, but even after the latest changes, I agree that the mane should be altered a little more to make the curve of the neck more clear. As it is, it’s kind of an optical illusion where the neck could be turned to the left or right, kind of hard to tell.

Personally, I feel like the mane should be drawn a little differently so more of the dragons actual body shows. We don’t need to worry about it interfering with apparel, but I am concerned that it might interfere with genes, making them look cut-off or too busy, and simply the fact that I think most people like having the genes they spend t or g on show more.

Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
All three ancients have disappointed me so much, that I keep wondering if playing is still worth it. DragonVale has HUNDREDS of uniquely-designed dragons, and we just keep getting the same limb-wings-horns formula over and over. It's time for something different. That's sort of what the whole ancients thing was about, after all.
All three ancients have disappointed me so much, that I keep wondering if playing is still worth it. DragonVale has HUNDREDS of uniquely-designed dragons, and we just keep getting the same limb-wings-horns formula over and over. It's time for something different. That's sort of what the whole ancients thing was about, after all.
When should we expect the next update on this? No rush, of course -- I'm just curious and eager to see more of this lovely swamp creature ^u^
When should we expect the next update on this? No rush, of course -- I'm just curious and eager to see more of this lovely swamp creature ^u^
signbot.gif
[quote name="menghuancat" date="2020-04-13 01:23:40" ] And was also thinking insect antenna instead of whiskers cuz.....more buggy looking? (idk I just love insect-looking so much) [center] [img]https://s1.ax1x.com/2020/04/13/GjRwLt.png[/img] [img]https://s1.ax1x.com/2020/04/13/GjRdsI.png[/img][/center] [/quote] THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE AHHHHHHHH (plz add this)
menghuancat wrote on 2020-04-13 01:23:40:
And was also thinking insect antenna instead of whiskers cuz.....more buggy looking? (idk I just love insect-looking so much)
GjRwLt.png

GjRdsI.png
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE AHHHHHHHH
(plz add this)
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
[quote name="ShinyGiratina" date="2020-04-18 03:56:20" ] I really like this dragon's face as it is, so I'm gonna have to disagree with the people posting big eye edits. I wouldn't have a problem with big eyes on some future breeds, but this breed's face shape doesn't fit those kind of eyes at all. [/quote] I think the entire head needs to have a different shape if it's going to have large eyes. Like...flatter and more blunted like fae. Or you could give it a more wedge-like shape. Like there are animals like the dik-dik where it won't look like a rodent, but it'll fit the face better.
ShinyGiratina wrote on 2020-04-18 03:56:20:
I really like this dragon's face as it is, so I'm gonna have to disagree with the people posting big eye edits. I wouldn't have a problem with big eyes on some future breeds, but this breed's face shape doesn't fit those kind of eyes at all.

I think the entire head needs to have a different shape if it's going to have large eyes. Like...flatter and more blunted like fae. Or you could give it a more wedge-like shape. Like there are animals like the dik-dik where it won't look like a rodent, but it'll fit the face better.
FfsFHyt.png
[quote name="doctorvar" date="2020-04-18 21:31:38" ] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/HLZQZHKK/Screenshot-2020-04-18-at-8-13-59-PM.png[/img] Please bring back the butterfly wings! [/quote] Not a real big fan of the design of this dragon so far, but I love these wings. Definitely bring back these wings. *A* Also, just my two cents, but I don't think the hair fits if they're going for a more insect feel? It just feels hugely out of place (and makes the insect parts feel hugely out of place). I'm kind of hoping they will make the hair a tert gene. I really don't like how it hides so much of the dragon. If they keep the hair, the placement needs to be changed so more of the dragon's body can be seen. Otherwise we'll never see much of the primary designs, and that'd be a shame. There's been a couple of edits shown off in thread that help a lot with this. As for things I do like, I love the body shape of this dragon, head (and eyes), and all. Very slinky. Very different feeling from everything we have gotten so far. Not really getting the Pearlcatcher vibes everyone else is getting though. Also, I don't mean to come off so negative, but I love all the breeds we have so far, and I [i]want[/i] to like this one. But... I just cannot get behind that hair. Not with insect features. I think they should either go all in on the insect vibe, or ditch the insect parts to come up with something that goes better with the hair. It just feels like two completely clashing themes are trying to be smashed into one and it's hurting the overall design. To me, anyway. I respect that a lot of people are liking the design so far.
Quote:
Screenshot-2020-04-18-at-8-13-59-PM.png
Please bring back the butterfly wings!

Not a real big fan of the design of this dragon so far, but I love these wings. Definitely bring back these wings. *A*

Also, just my two cents, but I don't think the hair fits if they're going for a more insect feel? It just feels hugely out of place (and makes the insect parts feel hugely out of place). I'm kind of hoping they will make the hair a tert gene. I really don't like how it hides so much of the dragon. If they keep the hair, the placement needs to be changed so more of the dragon's body can be seen. Otherwise we'll never see much of the primary designs, and that'd be a shame. There's been a couple of edits shown off in thread that help a lot with this.

As for things I do like, I love the body shape of this dragon, head (and eyes), and all. Very slinky. Very different feeling from everything we have gotten so far. Not really getting the Pearlcatcher vibes everyone else is getting though.

Also, I don't mean to come off so negative, but I love all the breeds we have so far, and I want to like this one. But... I just cannot get behind that hair. Not with insect features. I think they should either go all in on the insect vibe, or ditch the insect parts to come up with something that goes better with the hair. It just feels like two completely clashing themes are trying to be smashed into one and it's hurting the overall design. To me, anyway. I respect that a lot of people are liking the design so far.
TyYgOYZ.png
Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed.
Y'know what, this is an Arcane breed.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas!
300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif
I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look!
I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me!
Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas!
19153.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAuthor Adoption Agency 21400.png
[quote name="NebulaDragon" date="2020-04-25 17:21:29" ] [img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas! [/quote] I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
NebulaDragon wrote on 2020-04-25 17:21:29:
I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look!

I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
FfsFHyt.png
[quote name="ViperaUnion" date="2020-04-26 09:26:55" ] [quote name="NebulaDragon" date="2020-04-25 17:21:29" ] [img]https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/300828f0-8752-11ea-9654-9d5734ddef56.gif[/img] I did some edits, sorry I'm new at this and don't know how to get this formatted very well. I made the eyes bigger but still elegant, and shaped the form of the snout to connect with the eye based on mammals. I elongated the face a bit and moved the mouth around a little. I also made the horns a bit taller, as it was bugging me. I raised the skull a smidge at the top of the head because it looked to me like a brain couldn't fit in there, but I tried not to lose the look! [color=blue]I haven't done art in awhile, please be nice to me! Anyone can do edits from what I've done to further expand on ideas! [/quote] I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon. [/quote] I like this edit a lot, and agree. The size of these eyes is a good middle ground - I personally don't like the large, fae-like eyes on this particular dragon.
ViperaUnion wrote on 2020-04-26 09:26:55:
NebulaDragon wrote on 2020-04-25 17:21:29:

I haven't liked the majority of big-eye edits because they remind me too much of fae, but yours works out well. They're larger, but not buggy. You made them more visible without changing the feel of the dragon.
I like this edit a lot, and agree. The size of these eyes is a good middle ground - I personally don't like the large, fae-like eyes on this particular dragon.
UnyqHqE.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88