Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 87 88
Hey, a concept: hatchlings don't have wings (maybe the breed has a cocoon stage??) and/or have ridiculous mohawk mane
Hey, a concept: hatchlings don't have wings (maybe the breed has a cocoon stage??) and/or have ridiculous mohawk mane
KmnIjfw.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-04-12 16:43:17" ] Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim: [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img][/center] [/quote] Overall it's interesting to look at- my only real issue with this is the way the neck curls and the hair falls from it seems... off. Namely that the hair falling directly from the upper part of the neck straight down over the lower half makes it look kind of like the neck is literally folded flat against itself, as if it's made of thin paper rather than having the width you'd expect a neck to have? (here's an incredibly bad quick mockup comparison gif we apologize for how bad it is) [img]https://i.imgur.com/aqF217F.gif[/img] also the hair near the very end of the tail that falls on the far side of it isn't indicated on the top of the tail like it is further up which is a bit odd Staring at it longer makes us wonder where both of the far-side legs are. But it has a nice face, something very pleasant about it, and its wings are interesting. It looks like something that hangs out in a swamp like a weird bee-winged kelpie.
Undel wrote on 2020-04-12 16:43:17:
Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim:
trytryagain.png

Overall it's interesting to look at- my only real issue with this is the way the neck curls and the hair falls from it seems... off. Namely that the hair falling directly from the upper part of the neck straight down over the lower half makes it look kind of like the neck is literally folded flat against itself, as if it's made of thin paper rather than having the width you'd expect a neck to have?

(here's an incredibly bad quick mockup comparison gif we apologize for how bad it is)
aqF217F.gif

also the hair near the very end of the tail that falls on the far side of it isn't indicated on the top of the tail like it is further up which is a bit odd

Staring at it longer makes us wonder where both of the far-side legs are.

But it has a nice face, something very pleasant about it, and its wings are interesting. It looks like something that hangs out in a swamp like a weird bee-winged kelpie.
[quote name="Nabesima" date="2020-04-13 02:23:21" ] Hey, a concept: hatchlings don't have wings (maybe the breed has a cocoon stage??) and/or have ridiculous mohawk mane [/quote] @Nabesima I adore this idea
Nabesima wrote on 2020-04-13 02:23:21:
@Nabesima I adore this idea
cd49yeB.png

SOAPY | THEY/THEM | +8 FR TIME
uBrBqTm.png
[quote name="locallitporeon" date="2020-04-13 02:29:19" ] [quote name="Nabesima" date="2020-04-13 02:23:21" ] Hey, a concept: hatchlings don't have wings (maybe the breed has a cocoon stage??) and/or have ridiculous mohawk mane [/quote] @Nabesima I adore this idea [/quote] Same here!
locallitporeon wrote on 2020-04-13 02:29:19:
Nabesima wrote on 2020-04-13 02:23:21:
@Nabesima I adore this idea
Same here!
48695270p.png 5BsilZ9.png
hh5n4WA.png
Pgv53XB.png
7A7cEAI.png
DxCICZ1.png
2VtxnMX.png
5vnsOgE.png
8GgdVkW.png
omKpPgG.png
Luna
6278331p.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2020-04-12 16:43:17" ] Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim: [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img][/center] [/quote] I LOVE THIS NEW ANCIENT SO MUCH AAAAA!
Undel wrote on 2020-04-12 16:43:17:
Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim:
trytryagain.png
I LOVE THIS NEW ANCIENT SO MUCH AAAAA!
I dislike the hair greatly but I’m interested to see how the breed looks when finished and polished!
I dislike the hair greatly but I’m interested to see how the breed looks when finished and polished!
Okay but guys the [i]wings.[/i] The wings are beautiful and look kind of like a bug's wings? I love them [emoji=spiral love size=2]
Okay but guys the wings. The wings are beautiful and look kind of like a bug's wings? I love them
click my babies
3eXZj.gif
I like the hair but I’m not real fond of the dragonfly wings.
I like the hair but I’m not real fond of the dragonfly wings.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be a Dragon
Then always be a Dragon
[color=#800040]So much hair! I love it [emoji=heart] I really like the idea for this ancient in general, and am really happy about the updated pose! It looks so much clearer now, and the spine looks less wonky than before. Though I do feel like it'd be a little uncomfortable to sit like that ... that's my only issue with it though! Can't wait to see how this progresses [emoji=ridgeback star size=1][/color]
So much hair! I love it I really like the idea for this ancient in general, and am really happy about the updated pose! It looks so much clearer now, and the spine looks less wonky than before. Though I do feel like it'd be a little uncomfortable to sit like that ... that's my only issue with it though! Can't wait to see how this progresses
iIrk1Wj.png
i'm just wondering if a) the hair's affected by secondary, like with gaoler manes (which is cool enough to be counted as an ancient feature. go away tuns).

and b) if that's gonna be the male or female pose
i'm just wondering if a) the hair's affected by secondary, like with gaoler manes (which is cool enough to be counted as an ancient feature. go away tuns).

and b) if that's gonna be the male or female pose
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 87 88