Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 88
What a cool design! I have a feeling this will be a water breed with the darker blue eyes, the kelpie like mane, and the wing build/shape reminds me of the wings of a water boatman bug or the developing wings of a dragonfly nymph!
What a cool design! I have a feeling this will be a water breed with the darker blue eyes, the kelpie like mane, and the wing build/shape reminds me of the wings of a water boatman bug or the developing wings of a dragonfly nymph!
dd4c357c-68d4-4116-bccc-e1c20c55aa3c.png
So the new ancient seems to the ancestor of Pearlcatchers, by the looks of it? Seems to be from water flight too. (Will this mean the return of ocean dad?) Sadly, aside from the possible lore, this isn't really a good breed imo. Whatever it's secondary is, it will take up the majority of the creature and genes are going to be a nightmare to map onto it; any part of it. I don't see how this is practical or appealing but clearly, I am in the minority on that one.
So the new ancient seems to the ancestor of Pearlcatchers, by the looks of it? Seems to be from water flight too. (Will this mean the return of ocean dad?) Sadly, aside from the possible lore, this isn't really a good breed imo. Whatever it's secondary is, it will take up the majority of the creature and genes are going to be a nightmare to map onto it; any part of it. I don't see how this is practical or appealing but clearly, I am in the minority on that one.
mlNVeHM.jpg
Personally, this dragon looks a bit close to Pearlcatchers for my comfort. This would be interesting if they turned out to be Shadow, though! The hair certainly reminds me of Shadowbinder's goop. (I also agree with the proportion issues brought up earlier in this thread.)
I really hope they're not Arcane - I was hoping for something significantly weirder for our flight, considering the Arcanist's history.
Personally, this dragon looks a bit close to Pearlcatchers for my comfort. This would be interesting if they turned out to be Shadow, though! The hair certainly reminds me of Shadowbinder's goop. (I also agree with the proportion issues brought up earlier in this thread.)
I really hope they're not Arcane - I was hoping for something significantly weirder for our flight, considering the Arcanist's history.

Lisa - 24 - She/her
FR +3 aka EST
tumblr_oixhzdxwmg1u3wsjco8_r1_250.png
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6726dc6ff10f4ed31d0e8fb1308d7880/ed7f93cdfb35b14a-0f/s540x810/253c73cd91ffabd85cec0784864e2df7508a3b83.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ccc7efa67172583883c9cea6c9f6b67b/84af30f21cc660b8-69/s540x810/0c1025f1ba9f8b3f5fde486e1edfcfb510dc51c3.png[/img] some very fun shapes going on in this one!
253c73cd91ffabd85cec0784864e2df7508a3b83.png
0c1025f1ba9f8b3f5fde486e1edfcfb510dc51c3.png
some very fun shapes going on in this one!
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
WATER ANCIENT BREED WATER ANCIENT BREED
WATER ANCIENT BREED WATER ANCIENT BREED
bnaSbHl.png
ZKQ6ohh.png
bYt72YT.png
KM1zzLu.png
yPlj8ew.png
fsKmPCy.png
@Tserin

Ahh gotcha! Haha no worries, no thank you for answering my question. Thank you so much again and good luck with the skin!
@Tserin

Ahh gotcha! Haha no worries, no thank you for answering my question. Thank you so much again and good luck with the skin!
Just a reminder to take care of your self!
Wishlist
shadow.gif
[quote name="Archaeoraptor" date="2020-04-12 20:01:32" ] [quote name="@Endivinity" date="2020-04-12 19:37:23" ] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467770703001812997/699085602741551124/unknown.png[/img] please help him it's not officially released yet [i]theres still time[/i] [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6rJaFYP.png[/img] It makes sense to me…? The angle is kind of weird and the wings covering the lower back don’t help (actually looking again think I was off here, too, whoops) but there’s some foreshortening going on here and that might be why the hair looks wonky. (Not trying to be a know-it-all, btw, just offering a different perspective :o ) [/quote] I based the hair origin point/back center line off of how the hair falls. if u look at the hair on its lower back, curving it around to meet your diagram's center line is going to be one heck of a weird swerve. I think the main issue is a big ol tangent with the wings covering the body and the hair, without the shading to support it, like they didnt take into account that the wings are hiding stuff under there that still has to make sense regardless of visibility
Archaeoraptor wrote on 2020-04-12 20:01:32:
@Endivinity wrote on 2020-04-12 19:37:23:
unknown.png

please help him
it's not officially released yet theres still time
6rJaFYP.png
It makes sense to me…? The angle is kind of weird and the wings covering the lower back don’t help (actually looking again think I was off here, too, whoops) but there’s some foreshortening going on here and that might be why the hair looks wonky. (Not trying to be a know-it-all, btw, just offering a different perspective :o )

I based the hair origin point/back center line off of how the hair falls. if u look at the hair on its lower back, curving it around to meet your diagram's center line is going to be one heck of a weird swerve.

I think the main issue is a big ol tangent with the wings covering the body and the hair, without the shading to support it, like they didnt take into account that the wings are hiding stuff under there that still has to make sense regardless of visibility
Valhalla_tiny.gif
[quote name="October" date="2020-03-18 17:10:33" ] love the hair...... \o/ [hi background corg!! i love u too] [/quote] Was there a corgi!? I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!!
October wrote on 2020-03-18 17:10:33:
love the hair...... \o/ [hi background corg!! i love u too]
Was there a corgi!? I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!!
SVt2S0L.png
THE EYES R BLUE ITS WATER
THE EYES R BLUE ITS WATER
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
[quote name="hannibals" date="2020-04-12 19:03:50" ] bug wings n long hair don't scream water to me, hopefully it's a shadow breed :0 i like it a lot though, get a load of those g a m s [/quote] This. Plus Shadow is technically next in line if we're following the BOTE which, so far, we are.
hannibals wrote on 2020-04-12 19:03:50:
bug wings n long hair don't scream water to me, hopefully it's a shadow breed :0

i like it a lot though, get a load of those g a m s

This. Plus Shadow is technically next in line if we're following the BOTE which, so far, we are.
Y3kY2LN.png
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 87 88