Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Genes/colors you really don’t like
1 2 3 4 5 6
Some genes I dislike:
Cherub
Thylacine
Ringlets
Scorpion
Fans
Paint/Piebald

Some disliked genes that I think are okay:
Crackle
Gembond
Scales
Contour
Smirch
Some genes I dislike:
Cherub
Thylacine
Ringlets
Scorpion
Fans
Paint/Piebald

Some disliked genes that I think are okay:
Crackle
Gembond
Scales
Contour
Smirch
66283183.png 66719993.png
I hate filigree and firefly because they seem more like accessories and adornments than they do actual, ya know, genes that would be passed down. The filigree just doesn't match at all and always looks like it hasn't been finished either? like it should cover more or something. I just can't stand it. And I don't hate the starmap and constellation genes per say but I just wish they were more like star looking sparkles? instead of the swirly stuff.
I hate filigree and firefly because they seem more like accessories and adornments than they do actual, ya know, genes that would be passed down. The filigree just doesn't match at all and always looks like it hasn't been finished either? like it should cover more or something. I just can't stand it. And I don't hate the starmap and constellation genes per say but I just wish they were more like star looking sparkles? instead of the swirly stuff.
CRACKLE. when i first joined the site i would always see crackle hate and i never really understood it,,, until i actually went in the scrying workshop. it looks really nice on some dragons (androzani and walenda in my lair) but most others??? i don't like how busy the pattern is and more often than not it looks gross [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60000575] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/600006/60000575_350.png[/img] [/url] LOOK AT HER!!! the only reason i didnt immediately shoot her off to stormcatcher is because she's my closest 60mil hatch ;; (and she mostly looks this ugly because of her... unfortunate,,, colors and secondary but what am i gonna do with her ):) tl;dr crackle rarely looks good in my experience
CRACKLE. when i first joined the site i would always see crackle hate and i never really understood it,,, until i actually went in the scrying workshop. it looks really nice on some dragons (androzani and walenda in my lair) but most others??? i don't like how busy the pattern is and more often than not it looks gross

60000575_350.png

LOOK AT HER!!! the only reason i didnt immediately shoot her off to stormcatcher is because she's my closest 60mil hatch ;; (and she mostly looks this ugly because of her... unfortunate,,, colors and secondary but what am i gonna do with her ):)

tl;dr crackle rarely looks good in my experience
D7bKm3p.jpg
There are a few genes I'm not particularly keen on but the one I really, really dislike is Smirch.
There are a few genes I'm not particularly keen on but the one I really, really dislike is Smirch.
April showers bring forth May flowers
Scales
Scales
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
I don't care for most of the browns and greys, nor murky colours in general. And I just discovered recently that I'm not much for Turquoise and Teal either.

And only a few of my dragons have genes - it might be easier to name the ones I do use than the ones I don't :)
I don't care for most of the browns and greys, nor murky colours in general. And I just discovered recently that I'm not much for Turquoise and Teal either.

And only a few of my dragons have genes - it might be easier to name the ones I do use than the ones I don't :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
rosette/jaguar and all genes like them (bar/daub, giraffe, etc) just... don't really vibe with me. something about them just feels so ugly and plain. ain't for me! i still have to rescue my poor progen from giraffe x.x
@Boosco i did a quick scry with ur lady there because i like doing scries and perhaps this could work? orange and purple are complementary, so they can go well together with one as an accent!
?
rosette/jaguar and all genes like them (bar/daub, giraffe, etc) just... don't really vibe with me. something about them just feels so ugly and plain. ain't for me! i still have to rescue my poor progen from giraffe x.x
@Boosco i did a quick scry with ur lady there because i like doing scries and perhaps this could work? orange and purple are complementary, so they can go well together with one as an accent!
?
tumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.png
I don't like Hypnotic (I never see it mentioned but I also never see it used, it's like people forgot it exists), Jaguar/Rosette, or Slime/Sludge just for looks. Tiger/Stripes doesn't look bad, it's just too plain. Crackle, Smirch, and Rosette aren't inherently bad, but they're very hard to make work.
I don't like Hypnotic (I never see it mentioned but I also never see it used, it's like people forgot it exists), Jaguar/Rosette, or Slime/Sludge just for looks. Tiger/Stripes doesn't look bad, it's just too plain. Crackle, Smirch, and Rosette aren't inherently bad, but they're very hard to make work.
T5GEBka.png
I really don't like any of the purple range except mist because mist has a very nice blue accent with some genes.

Normally I don't like pinks or browns either but a lot of them bring in nice accents with some genes, like blue or green accents, that stand out beautifully.

As for genes I really don't like crackle. I can never find a nice way to use it, since I tend to use busier primaries and secondaries.
I really don't like any of the purple range except mist because mist has a very nice blue accent with some genes.

Normally I don't like pinks or browns either but a lot of them bring in nice accents with some genes, like blue or green accents, that stand out beautifully.

As for genes I really don't like crackle. I can never find a nice way to use it, since I tend to use busier primaries and secondaries.
eyQdv.gif
@InternSeraph hmm i'm actually digging the colors a bit there, i think i can work with that or something similar, thank youu ^^
@InternSeraph hmm i'm actually digging the colors a bit there, i think i can work with that or something similar, thank youu ^^
D7bKm3p.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6