Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Genes/colors you really don’t like
1 2 3 4 5 6
Color wise, I absolutely can't stand that "Pearl" color. It's just... ugly in every way. Even though I've got a few of purple range dragons in my lair, I'm struggling to make them work. I'm trying REALLY hard though because normally I love purple tones. It's really only Thistle that I like. ¯\_(?)_/¯

As far as genes go, I freaking hate cherub. Also, not really a fan of crystal or facet, but I can see why someone would want them.

Oddly enough, basic is my favorite primary and secondary so far.
Color wise, I absolutely can't stand that "Pearl" color. It's just... ugly in every way. Even though I've got a few of purple range dragons in my lair, I'm struggling to make them work. I'm trying REALLY hard though because normally I love purple tones. It's really only Thistle that I like. ¯\_(?)_/¯

As far as genes go, I freaking hate cherub. Also, not really a fan of crystal or facet, but I can see why someone would want them.

Oddly enough, basic is my favorite primary and secondary so far.
bdOHToUMLJkyeTMjIydubl5WUBwDeyrf8H1S7JlADB75wAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
I actively dislike cherub and smirch, eugh. I didn't really like gembond all that much until I found this girl. It just proves, I guess, that any gene can look good if the colours are just right. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26490545] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/264906/26490545_350.png[/img] [/url]
I actively dislike cherub and smirch, eugh. I didn't really like gembond all that much until I found this girl. It just proves, I guess, that any gene can look good if the colours are just right.

26490545_350.png

April showers bring forth May flowers
I think any gene could work if done right, though personal preference will make some genes unlikeable to people or just hasn't been a way yet to make it work.

But I don't think I will ever like laced/edged cause it just doesn't look right to me.
It feels like it should given an illusion of texture but looks so flat.
I get its from chickens with that style but for some reason it makes sense on feather chickens and looks fine but on the dragons it just looks weird to me.

Maybe an accent or tert would make it work, since I know crackle works for me on falcon/peregrine XXX style since it blends in better and makes the highlight like colors pop more between the crackle.
I think any gene could work if done right, though personal preference will make some genes unlikeable to people or just hasn't been a way yet to make it work.

But I don't think I will ever like laced/edged cause it just doesn't look right to me.
It feels like it should given an illusion of texture but looks so flat.
I get its from chickens with that style but for some reason it makes sense on feather chickens and looks fine but on the dragons it just looks weird to me.

Maybe an accent or tert would make it work, since I know crackle works for me on falcon/peregrine XXX style since it blends in better and makes the highlight like colors pop more between the crackle.
Opal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This gene makes me uncomfortable.
Opal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This gene makes me uncomfortable.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
i'm not too picky about genes/color but i tend to avoid the typical pet/butt and other various popular combos due to how overdone they are.
i'm not too picky about genes/color but i tend to avoid the typical pet/butt and other various popular combos due to how overdone they are.
vista_ridge2.png-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --bouncy_lightning_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v9.gif-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --vista_ridge2.png
I don't really have genes I hate, just those that scream "fodder" to me. And that's the cow genes, gembond, any of the really plain stripey treasure genes and mismatching colours. Sample: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=9&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=4&winggene=2&wings=69&auth=cab0f8623037c3381b5851ac10a0425c728263b9&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I don't really have genes I hate, just those that scream "fodder" to me.
And that's the cow genes, gembond, any of the really plain stripey treasure genes and mismatching colours.
Sample:
dragon?age=1&body=80&bodygene=9&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=23&tertgene=4&winggene=2&wings=69&auth=cab0f8623037c3381b5851ac10a0425c728263b9&dummyext=prev.png
shop_banner.png
speckle/freckle. Looks like an unpleasant skin thing to me. I also hate Platinum, it's such an unpleasant pink-tinted grey. Not a huge fan of the pink range in general lol
Other than that I'm good.
speckle/freckle. Looks like an unpleasant skin thing to me. I also hate Platinum, it's such an unpleasant pink-tinted grey. Not a huge fan of the pink range in general lol
Other than that I'm good.
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
I somewhat dislike crystal/facet, just because they look so... crinkled. It's like someone made a tinfoil dragon, but it's old tinfoil that their mothers threw away when they were 12. they just have too much crinkle and fold and sparkle... o h m y g o d

I am also not a huge fan of lionfish. true, in some situations it may become my saving grace, but I just hate the way it LOOKS, it is so busy and I hate that
I somewhat dislike crystal/facet, just because they look so... crinkled. It's like someone made a tinfoil dragon, but it's old tinfoil that their mothers threw away when they were 12. they just have too much crinkle and fold and sparkle... o h m y g o d

I am also not a huge fan of lionfish. true, in some situations it may become my saving grace, but I just hate the way it LOOKS, it is so busy and I hate that
+2 FR time
he/they
thistle is bad. violet is often also bad. i hate crackle and gembond, and thylacine works in so few instances. not a fan.
thistle is bad. violet is often also bad. i hate crackle and gembond, and thylacine works in so few instances. not a fan.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
I like gembond on skydancers and guardians only... thylacine and crackle... meh. As for colors all the yellow/orange/umber shades are incredible. Contour, on the other hand... yuck. Crackle- ugghh. There are some duds out there. Proof that gembond and stripes can look nice: [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/536360/53635902_350.png[/img]
I like gembond on skydancers and guardians only... thylacine and crackle... meh.
As for colors all the yellow/orange/umber shades are incredible.
Contour, on the other hand... yuck. Crackle- ugghh. There are some duds out there.
Proof that gembond and stripes can look nice:
53635902_350.png
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
1 2 3 4 5 6