Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mistral Jamboree 2020
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/13b1306299052bd8661bad92febbdde9/tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [center][Font=Georgia][size=5][color=175406]The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2836492]Scavenger Hunt[/url] thread is officially open![/font][/size][/color] [center][Font=Georgia][size=4][color=175406]Echo needs help finding their toys! Are you willing to help them? [center][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/13b1306299052bd8661bad92febbdde9/tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center]
tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png

The Scavenger Hunt thread is officially open!
Echo needs help finding their toys! Are you willing to help them?

tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
[columns][size=4]Whizbang & Dewette sat high up on a yardarm of the Jolly Rhymer, watching the sunset. It had been another amazing day at the Jamboree. "By ze end of ze week, Whizzy, you will 'ave to decide. To stay wiz ze Jolly Rhymer or...or to go 'ome."[/size][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][/columns] "And what about you, Dewette? It's your home, too!" "Ah, bah, I will go where you go. You must not get into trouble wizout me! We are a pair, you know!" [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/506348/50634719.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]"I know, I know. Enkidu fer sure has t' go home t' 'is parents. I wrote t' them an' they'll be here last day." "Does 'e know?" Dewette leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. "Ah, no! I didn't want the lad t' run away again!"[/size][/columns] "Zometimes 'e ees crazy! Stowing away on a ship! What would 'ave 'appened if you were not zere?" "Yeah," Whizbang paused. "Kinda reminds me of us, don' it?" "Oh, Whizzy, you are getting all kinds of melancholy! I know! Let us zing a zong! Zat always cheers you up, no?" Down below and all around the ship a rousing tune tumbled down on the air: [center]Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We flap an’ we soar, we climb an’ we dive, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! We ne’er live in a lair, cave, or hive, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate's th' life for me! We tell lots o' tales o' th' grand days o' yore, Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho! We steal from th' rich an' we give t' th' poor, Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We’re rascals, scoundrels, villians, an' knaves, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho We run from our duties (we’re not very brave) Let’s fly, me ‘hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me! We never bemoan th' things that we lack, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! We soar o'er th' horizon an' never look back, Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me! Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me![/center]
Whizbang & Dewette sat high up on a yardarm of the Jolly Rhymer, watching the sunset. It had been another amazing day at the Jamboree.

"By ze end of ze week, Whizzy, you will 'ave to decide. To stay wiz ze Jolly Rhymer or...or to go 'ome."
52632137.png

"And what about you, Dewette? It's your home, too!"

"Ah, bah, I will go where you go. You must not get into trouble wizout me! We are a pair, you know!"
50634719.png "I know, I know. Enkidu fer sure has t' go home t' 'is parents. I wrote t' them an' they'll be here last day."

"Does 'e know?" Dewette leaned her head on her friend's shoulder.

"Ah, no! I didn't want the lad t' run away again!"

"Zometimes 'e ees crazy! Stowing away on a ship! What would 'ave 'appened if you were not zere?"

"Yeah," Whizbang paused. "Kinda reminds me of us, don' it?"

"Oh, Whizzy, you are getting all kinds of melancholy! I know! Let us zing a zong! Zat always cheers you up, no?"

Down below and all around the ship a rousing tune tumbled down on the air:
Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s th' life for me!
We flap an’ we soar, we climb an’ we dive,
Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho!
We ne’er live in a lair, cave, or hive,

Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate's th' life for me!
We tell lots o' tales o' th' grand days o' yore,
Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho!
We steal from th' rich an' we give t' th' poor,
Let's fly, me 'earties, yo ho!

We’re rascals, scoundrels, villians, an' knaves,
Let’s fly, me ‘earties, yo ho
We run from our duties (we’re not very brave)
Let’s fly, me ‘hearties, yo ho!

We never bemoan th' things that we lack,
We soar o'er th' horizon an' never look back,

Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me!
Yo ho, yo ho, Sky Pirate’s life for me!
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
Happy Day Three!

(Windy Peter, Paul & Mary "Lemon Tree" redo!)

When I was just a strapping lad, Windsinger came to me
“Come and see what you will find between the Sky and Sea.
Don’t keep your feet locked on the land, to friends and family tied,
With all Life has to offer you between the Sea and Sky.”

(Chorus)In the Sky time is fleeting, but the breezes blow so sweet,
O’er the Sea lies adventure; there your life will be complete!
In the Sky time is fleeting, but the breezes blow so sweet,

When I was tall and come of age, he came to me again
To question me when I would come and fly away with him.
He thought I had forgotten all that he had promised me:
To fly with him in freedom between the Sand and Sea.

He left me of a sudden then, I ran to tell my Love
The vision that he gave me of the Sea and Sky above.
She cried and did entreat me and begged me not to go,
I dried her tears and whispered, “Love, there’s something you should know…”

In the Sky time is fleeting, but life with you is so sweet,
Come with me on this adventure; then our lives will be complete!

Sky and Sea…Sky and Sea…
Sea and Sky…Sea and Sky…
Happy Day Three!

(Windy Peter, Paul & Mary "Lemon Tree" redo!)

When I was just a strapping lad, Windsinger came to me
“Come and see what you will find between the Sky and Sea.
Don’t keep your feet locked on the land, to friends and family tied,
With all Life has to offer you between the Sea and Sky.”

When I was tall and come of age, he came to me again
To question me when I would come and fly away with him.
He thought I had forgotten all that he had promised me:
To fly with him in freedom between the Sand and Sea.

He left me of a sudden then, I ran to tell my Love
The vision that he gave me of the Sea and Sky above.
She cried and did entreat me and begged me not to go,
I dried her tears and whispered, “Love, there’s something you should know…”

In the Sky time is fleeting, but life with you is so sweet,
Come with me on this adventure; then our lives will be complete!

Sky and Sea…Sky and Sea…
Sea and Sky…Sea and Sky…
Day...(what day is today?)...oh well, no matter

Windsinger Farewell (tune of Jamaica Farewell by Harry Belafonte)

On the Steppes where the wind blows clear
And the gusts wind up around the mountain tops
I took a trip on a skybound ship
And when we reached the Plateau we made a stop

(Chorus)
And I’m sad to say I’m on my way
Won’t be back for many a day
I have to fly, my heart is riding the sky
I had to leave a dragon lass with Windswept eyes…

The Reedcleft Ascent is where we went
With the bamboo swaying to and fro
The wind beside you soon will guide you
And the breezes follow where ’er you go.

(Chorus)

The Twisting Crescendo churns the air,
Dragons cry out for Windsinger to hear,
“Watch us soar! Please give us more!”
Their laughter is music to the ear!

(Chorus)

Up in the Cloudsong you can see
Where balloons and kites and breezes blow!
I must declare my heart lies there,
But when the zephyr calls me, I must go!

(Chorus)
Day...(what day is today?)...oh well, no matter

Windsinger Farewell (tune of Jamaica Farewell by Harry Belafonte)

On the Steppes where the wind blows clear
And the gusts wind up around the mountain tops
I took a trip on a skybound ship
And when we reached the Plateau we made a stop

(Chorus)

The Reedcleft Ascent is where we went
With the bamboo swaying to and fro
The wind beside you soon will guide you
And the breezes follow where ’er you go.

(Chorus)

The Twisting Crescendo churns the air,
Dragons cry out for Windsinger to hear,
“Watch us soar! Please give us more!”
Their laughter is music to the ear!

(Chorus)

Up in the Cloudsong you can see
Where balloons and kites and breezes blow!
I must declare my heart lies there,
But when the zephyr calls me, I must go!

(Chorus)
@Alskasaur Just a reminder for myself! ^u^
@Alskasaur Just a reminder for myself! ^u^
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
Bump to get this back on the first page! All y'all Windies really know how to throw a party!
Bump to get this back on the first page! All y'all Windies really know how to throw a party!
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][emoji=wind rune size=1][/center]
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[center][size=5]Meanwhile, at the Poetry Contest...[/size][/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/yOTnleL.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]When Captain Keats exited his cabin Friday morning, the ship was quiet. Too quiet. Immediately on alert, the elegant Spiral gathered Bobbi Burns and made his way across the suspiciously crew-less deck and down the gangplank to the Poetry Area. The day before, Davnan had given the order that the prizes be organized by Friday or there would be serious plank-walking! The scene there may have shocked some passers-by, but the Captain only smiled and nodded to himself. The giant pile of boxes and crates was gone, to be replaced by thirteen tidy stacks lined up in a row, like soldiers ready for inspection. [/size][/columns] In and amongst the stacks lay his crew, tossed like confetti after the parade is long past. Some were snoring. Enkidu’s feet poked out from beneath a stray sombrero. [columns][size=4]And there Davnan was, leaned against one of the beast cages. The gear-toggle smith inside was nibbling on the feathers of his hat. Keats chuckled. His First Mate wasn’t going to like that. He smiled warmly, then barked out, “Davnan, report!” “Report!” croaked Bobbi with a flap of its wings. The coatl leapt to his feet and stood at wobbly attention. “Aye-aye, Cap’n! The crew, sir…the crew…” Davnan paused to look around and take stock of the sleeping dragons. He snapped back to attention then, ready to report. “The crew worked through the wee hours, Cap’n, sir! All the prizes are stacked in order and accounted for. Sir!”[/size][nextcol][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/33047.png[/img][/columns] He paused then and asked hesitantly, “Do you want me to have the crew fall in, sir?” “An ‘ave a mutiny on me ‘ands, ‘nary a bit!” Keats absentmindedly stroked his familiar to settle it down. “Let th’ dragons lie, matey, they’ve earned a bit o’ shut-eye!” The Captain turned to where Windruffles and Sequoia were making their way up the slope. [columns][size=4]“Good Morning, Capta…” Windruffles came to a halt and her eyes widened at the sight of the dragons sprawled before them. “Well it looks like someone’s been busy!” Sequoia was quick to sum up the situation. “Look at all the prizes you’ve collected! Well done, Captain!” Davnan coughed. Keats swept off his hat in his customary bow. “Well, yes, thankee much, Mistress Poetess! I will say th’ crew put in th’ extry effort, that they did!” Windruffles couldn’t take her eyes off the prizes. “Sequoia,” she spoke over her shoulder, “Everyone’s worked so hard! How about you and I go get them something from the pastry booth?”[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/EzS42b8.png[/img][/columns] The Captain piped up, always eager for a new plan. “Thas a ripe plum idea! I can ‘ave Enkidu…” Windruffles rounded on him. “You’ll do no such thing! That youngling has run his tail off all week for us so you’re going to let him sleep!” She turned with a purpose and headed downhill to the booths. Sequoia gave a little wave as she followed her friend. “Back in a jiff!” “Toodles! Squawk!” called Bobbi. [center][b][size=5]THERE ARE ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO ENTER A POEM TO WIN [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2822078/1#post_42280995]AMAZING PIRATE BOOTY[/url]! PICK A [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2822078/1#post_42280992]CATEGORY[/url] AND START WRITING![/size][/b][/center] [center][size=1]@Paintminion @Milohilay @Storygeek @CrazyDragy @Sinjin Audience and Contestants Ping List (Contestants will be automatically added.) @Saerel @Kunikida @cordifolium @sockmonkeygerald @Zytolo @Deladria @retrace @MythicalViper @Scatterspark @gn0me @Andraya @ProbablyLying @GrimdarkRoxy @BunnySox @Juri01 @Forestwolf @Freybugg @Wonderlast @Bxy26 @ProdigalSunlight @LoversMasque @MaidoftheDamned @kylonaberrie[/size][/center]
Meanwhile, at the Poetry Contest...
yOTnleL.png When Captain Keats exited his cabin Friday morning, the ship was quiet. Too quiet. Immediately on alert, the elegant Spiral gathered Bobbi Burns and made his way across the suspiciously crew-less deck and down the gangplank to the Poetry Area. The day before, Davnan had given the order that the prizes be organized by Friday or there would be serious plank-walking!

The scene there may have shocked some passers-by, but the Captain only smiled and nodded to himself. The giant pile of boxes and crates was gone, to be replaced by thirteen tidy stacks lined up in a row, like soldiers ready for inspection.

In and amongst the stacks lay his crew, tossed like confetti after the parade is long past. Some were snoring. Enkidu’s feet poked out from beneath a stray sombrero.

And there Davnan was, leaned against one of the beast cages. The gear-toggle smith inside was nibbling on the feathers of his hat. Keats chuckled. His First Mate wasn’t going to like that. He smiled warmly, then barked out, “Davnan, report!”

“Report!” croaked Bobbi with a flap of its wings.

The coatl leapt to his feet and stood at wobbly attention. “Aye-aye, Cap’n! The crew, sir…the crew…” Davnan paused to look around and take stock of the sleeping dragons. He snapped back to attention then, ready to report. “The crew worked through the wee hours, Cap’n, sir! All the prizes are stacked in order and accounted for. Sir!”
33047.png

He paused then and asked hesitantly, “Do you want me to have the crew fall in, sir?”

“An ‘ave a mutiny on me ‘ands, ‘nary a bit!” Keats absentmindedly stroked his familiar to settle it down. “Let th’ dragons lie, matey, they’ve earned a bit o’ shut-eye!” The Captain turned to where Windruffles and Sequoia were making their way up the slope.
“Good Morning, Capta…” Windruffles came to a halt and her eyes widened at the sight of the dragons sprawled before them.

“Well it looks like someone’s been busy!” Sequoia was quick to sum up the situation. “Look at all the prizes you’ve collected! Well done, Captain!”

Davnan coughed.

Keats swept off his hat in his customary bow. “Well, yes, thankee much, Mistress Poetess! I will say th’ crew put in th’ extry effort, that they did!”

Windruffles couldn’t take her eyes off the prizes. “Sequoia,” she spoke over her shoulder, “Everyone’s worked so hard! How about you and I go get them something from the pastry booth?”
EzS42b8.png

The Captain piped up, always eager for a new plan. “Thas a ripe plum idea! I can ‘ave Enkidu…”

Windruffles rounded on him. “You’ll do no such thing! That youngling has run his tail off all week for us so you’re going to let him sleep!” She turned with a purpose and headed downhill to the booths.

Sequoia gave a little wave as she followed her friend. “Back in a jiff!”

“Toodles! Squawk!” called Bobbi.
THERE ARE ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO ENTER A POEM TO WIN AMAZING PIRATE BOOTY! PICK A CATEGORY AND START WRITING!
[center][size=4]One day left to join in the[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2832263/1] [size=6]Kite Design Contest[/size][/url] [size=4]Come pick a template and start coloring![/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2832263/1][img]https://imgur.com/HjuB9d6.png[/img][/url][/center]
One day left to join in the

Kite Design Contest

Come pick a template and start coloring!

HjuB9d6.png
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[center][size=5]Meanwhile, over near the Jolly Rhymer...[/size][/center] [columns][size=4]The smells at the Food Court were delectable. Riverat could imagine the taste of the kabobs, but Dewette pulled him past the booths and into center of the dining area. “Dewette, lass, what’r ya doin’? I thought we come down ‘ere fer a bite…” “Ah, no, silly!” Dewette turned to her friend. “You are going to help me wiz zomezing.” Suddenly, she smacked him on the arm. “An’ stop lookeen at all ze girls!” She paused to throw a glance around the crowd. “Ah, no, eet ees okay. You may look at ze girls. Zome of zem are very pretty.” She gave him a quick wink. “An’ zome of ze boys, too!" Dewette took a step back and clapped her hands. “Now, pay attention! An’ follow my lead!”[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/pehhOIr.png[/img][/columns] She then clasped Riverat’s shoulder dramatically and announced in a very loud and theatrical voice, “Oh, Dahrling, ‘ave you seen the prizes at ze Poetry Contest? Zey ‘ave zo many exotic an’ rare sings an’ zey are just giveen zem away! Only zees morning I zaw a lovely unicorn circlet. Zo shiny an’ dainty! I must ‘ave eet!” [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/32283.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]“Ah, right then.” Riverat stepped up to the plate. “Me Dearest, ya’ll be wearin’ it tonight or me name’s not Riverat! Jes’ ‘ow do I get this trinket fer ya?” “Eet ees nozzing! All you must do is write a teensy-weensy poem for me! ‘Ow ‘ard can zat be?”[/size][/columns] “Oh, hmm,” Riverat paused as he watched a matching pair of Skydancers stroll by, but then returned to the task at hand. “Me Sweet, it’s good as done!” “Ah, but you must do eet right away. You onlee ‘ave until tonight or,” here Dewette gave a delicate sniffle. “…or eet weel be too late!” [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/526322/52632137.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/286862/28686140.png[/img][/center] Later, the rascally pair sat unnoticed high in the oak tree, observing the cue at the registration table below. Powedered sugar rained down from their beignets. “Y’know, Dewette, that’ war rather fun, iff’n I says so mesel’!” [center][b][size=5]TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER A POEM TO WIN [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2822078/1#post_42280995]AMAZING PIRATE BOOTY[/url]! PICK A [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2822078/1#post_42280992]CATEGORY[/url] AND START WRITING![/size][/b][/center]
Meanwhile, over near the Jolly Rhymer...
The smells at the Food Court were delectable. Riverat could imagine the taste of the kabobs, but Dewette pulled him past the booths and into center of the dining area.
“Dewette, lass, what’r ya doin’? I thought we come down ‘ere fer a bite…”

“Ah, no, silly!” Dewette turned to her friend. “You are going to help me wiz zomezing.” Suddenly, she smacked him on the arm. “An’ stop lookeen at all ze girls!” She paused to throw a glance around the crowd. “Ah, no, eet ees okay. You may look at ze girls. Zome of zem are very pretty.” She gave him a quick wink. “An’ zome of ze boys, too!"

Dewette took a step back and clapped her hands. “Now, pay attention! An’ follow my lead!”
pehhOIr.png

She then clasped Riverat’s shoulder dramatically and announced in a very loud and theatrical voice, “Oh, Dahrling, ‘ave you seen the prizes at ze Poetry Contest? Zey ‘ave zo many exotic an’ rare sings an’ zey are just giveen zem away! Only zees morning I zaw a lovely unicorn circlet. Zo shiny an’ dainty! I must ‘ave eet!”

32283.png “Ah, right then.” Riverat stepped up to the plate. “Me Dearest, ya’ll be wearin’ it tonight or me name’s not Riverat! Jes’ ‘ow do I get this trinket fer ya?”

“Eet ees nozzing! All you must do is write a teensy-weensy poem for me! ‘Ow ‘ard can zat be?”

“Oh, hmm,” Riverat paused as he watched a matching pair of Skydancers stroll by, but then returned to the task at hand. “Me Sweet, it’s good as done!”

“Ah, but you must do eet right away. You onlee ‘ave until tonight or,” here Dewette gave a delicate sniffle. “…or eet weel be too late!”

52632137.png28686140.png

Later, the rascally pair sat unnoticed high in the oak tree, observing the cue at the registration table below. Powedered sugar rained down from their beignets.

“Y’know, Dewette, that’ war rather fun, iff’n I says so mesel’!”
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER A POEM TO WIN AMAZING PIRATE BOOTY! PICK A CATEGORY AND START WRITING!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8