Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mistral Jamboree 2020
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The final X was in the Twisting Crescendo. “I don’t like how it’s in the eye,” Mabel muttered. “It’ll be fun!” Fiorente said. “Our treasure so far has been some seeds and some pastries.” “And we got to see parts of Wind we haven’t in a while! Or at all! After all, it’s about the journey-” “Don’t,” Mabel said, Fiorente grinning. “We should stick together,” Mabel then said. “But should we get separated, let’s meet at the edge of the eye. Inside it, I mean.” “And hopefully nothing eats us.” “You’re not helping.” It turned out the looping flight of a spiral was much better suited for navigating the Crescendo’s eternal squall than a skydancer’s. Fiorente would yell back, and Mabel would reply, but eventually, it took all her focus to not plummet out of the air when the winds abruptly stilled, or be sent flying with a mess of debris caught in the storm. Finally, her coat down a few jars of electricity and her feathers a mess, Mabel punched through the grey wall of clouds and into the eye. Sunlight poured around her, Fiorente zipping up. “Oh good! I was getting worried. I’m sorry, it’s very hard for spirals to hover, and then the winds were all over the place-” “It’s fine,” Mabel said. “Let’s find this treasure.” The eye was mostly empty, not quite the horrible… horror either of them had been expecting. It was large, though, and they almost didn’t notice the wind sprite sitting on a patch of cloud at its center. “Hi!” the sprite called. “How are--oh! You have my map!” “Hi--[i]your[/i] map?” Mabel said. “I’m Tempest! A few years ago, the Windsinger sent me on a world-wide adventure. It was a lovely experience.” “But. The mark.” “I asked the Windsinger if I could do a ttiinnyy version of that,” she hummed. “And he said, ‘wouldn’t it be fun if they found things from previous Jamborees?’ And I was like, it would be! So that’s what I did.” “Aaww, I feel special,” Fiorente said, fanning herself. “So,” Mabel said. “The treasure is…” “The adventure you had on the way!” “Yay!” Fiorente exclaimed, as Mabel pulled at her face and muttered, “But what about my ship?” [center][img]https://media.tumblr.com/c5df97fb810b1220e1c452b1d9cc57a8/tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png[/img][/center] The repaired airship gleamed in the rising sun, its hull a rainbow of colors from the numerous dragons working on it all deciding on a different one. Its sails glowed softly as sunlight hit them, engine humming, illuminating the Wind Flight crest stitched into it. “It’s beautiful,” Vera whispered, wiping away a tear. “Thank you, everyone, truly.” “The greenhouse works a lot better than I expected. From a design standpoint,” Annona said. It was essentially a paneled rectangle, nestled on the back half of the deck. “Mabel will love it!” “Maybe they found some flowers to put in it.” “Or some gems. Bury gems. Gem tree. [i]Raac![/i]” [center][img]https://media.tumblr.com/c5df97fb810b1220e1c452b1d9cc57a8/tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png[/img][/center] @Kunikida @MandragoraAutumn @Finlandia @HurricaneWinds @Trilonyte @Lundlaeva @Rivertyl @sockmonkeygerald
The final X was in the Twisting Crescendo. “I don’t like how it’s in the eye,” Mabel muttered.

“It’ll be fun!” Fiorente said.

“Our treasure so far has been some seeds and some pastries.”

“And we got to see parts of Wind we haven’t in a while! Or at all! After all, it’s about the journey-”

“Don’t,” Mabel said, Fiorente grinning.

“We should stick together,” Mabel then said. “But should we get separated, let’s meet at the edge of the eye. Inside it, I mean.”

“And hopefully nothing eats us.”

“You’re not helping.”

It turned out the looping flight of a spiral was much better suited for navigating the Crescendo’s eternal squall than a skydancer’s. Fiorente would yell back, and Mabel would reply, but eventually, it took all her focus to not plummet out of the air when the winds abruptly stilled, or be sent flying with a mess of debris caught in the storm.

Finally, her coat down a few jars of electricity and her feathers a mess, Mabel punched through the grey wall of clouds and into the eye. Sunlight poured around her, Fiorente zipping up.

“Oh good! I was getting worried. I’m sorry, it’s very hard for spirals to hover, and then the winds were all over the place-”

“It’s fine,” Mabel said. “Let’s find this treasure.”

The eye was mostly empty, not quite the horrible… horror either of them had been expecting. It was large, though, and they almost didn’t notice the wind sprite sitting on a patch of cloud at its center.

“Hi!” the sprite called. “How are--oh! You have my map!”

“Hi--your map?” Mabel said.

“I’m Tempest! A few years ago, the Windsinger sent me on a world-wide adventure. It was a lovely experience.”

“But. The mark.”

“I asked the Windsinger if I could do a ttiinnyy version of that,” she hummed. “And he said, ‘wouldn’t it be fun if they found things from previous Jamborees?’ And I was like, it would be! So that’s what I did.”

“Aaww, I feel special,” Fiorente said, fanning herself.

“So,” Mabel said. “The treasure is…”

“The adventure you had on the way!”

“Yay!” Fiorente exclaimed, as Mabel pulled at her face and muttered, “But what about my ship?”
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
The repaired airship gleamed in the rising sun, its hull a rainbow of colors from the numerous dragons working on it all deciding on a different one. Its sails glowed softly as sunlight hit them, engine humming, illuminating the Wind Flight crest stitched into it.

“It’s beautiful,” Vera whispered, wiping away a tear. “Thank you, everyone, truly.”

“The greenhouse works a lot better than I expected. From a design standpoint,” Annona said. It was essentially a paneled rectangle, nestled on the back half of the deck.

“Mabel will love it!”

“Maybe they found some flowers to put in it.”

“Or some gems. Bury gems. Gem tree. Raac!
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png

@Kunikida @MandragoraAutumn @Finlandia @HurricaneWinds @Trilonyte @Lundlaeva @Rivertyl @sockmonkeygerald
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
I would like to be on the All Events Pinglist please!
I would like to be on the All Events Pinglist please!
echo.pngbiscuit.png
Hello everyone! We hope you all enjoy the events this year and all are open at the current time!

All events open:
@Saraceaser @Kunikida @MandragoraAutumn @Espoir @Disillusionist @Snek @brighteningskies @Font @jbapple @Cerastium @Trilonyte @GravityGryphon @voidbeast @Lundlaeva @Autopsy @alyblaith @Pac1fity @Flightstorm9 @astereia @BunnySox @gravitycon @Rivertyl @AloVra @COparade @GrimdarkRoxy @Enen16106 @chamilet @BlackwatchGenji @ProdigalSunlight
@ElysianBird @monicookie @Andraya @Undermom @Enen16106 @Crim

Select events open:
@Loreka (scavenger hunt, CYOA, clouded images and cloudsong celebration)
@sgkat (Scavenger Hunt, Mistral Masquerade, and Clouded Images)
@Deladria @Jaspernoir (Mistral Meals)
@Siritys (Mistral Masquerade and CYOA)
@RisenWolf (story contest, scavenger hunt, spin the yarn, mistral meals, and clouded images)
Hello everyone! We hope you all enjoy the events this year and all are open at the current time!

All events open:
@Saraceaser @Kunikida @MandragoraAutumn @Espoir @Disillusionist @Snek @brighteningskies @Font @jbapple @Cerastium @Trilonyte @GravityGryphon @voidbeast @Lundlaeva @Autopsy @alyblaith @Pac1fity @Flightstorm9 @astereia @BunnySox @gravitycon @Rivertyl @AloVra @COparade @GrimdarkRoxy @Enen16106 @chamilet @BlackwatchGenji @ProdigalSunlight
@ElysianBird @monicookie @Andraya @Undermom @Enen16106 @Crim

Select events open:
@Loreka (scavenger hunt, CYOA, clouded images and cloudsong celebration)
@sgkat (Scavenger Hunt, Mistral Masquerade, and Clouded Images)
@Deladria @Jaspernoir (Mistral Meals)
@Siritys (Mistral Masquerade and CYOA)
@RisenWolf (story contest, scavenger hunt, spin the yarn, mistral meals, and clouded images)
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
@Panderz

Can I be on the all events pinglist, please?
@Panderz

Can I be on the all events pinglist, please?
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
[center][emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship][emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship][emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship] [font=candara][size=6]The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2836451]Mistral Masquerde[/url] is officially open for entries! [emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship][emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship][emoji=pirate hat][emoji=treasure chest][emoji=pirate ship]

The Mistral Masquerde is officially open for entries!

84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@panderz I think the story contest wasn't linked in the main list
@panderz I think the story contest wasn't linked in the main list
KoXrWQ6.gif Silanahredwing@tumblr || Art tag

Cauldron || Dragon Boarding || PWYW sketches || Art Shop

FR time +3
If you need me, ping @ KIBETH (formerly Tulmultuous).
@Continlula
All the events are pretty much open already. No reason to be pinged now unless for story contest
@Continlula
All the events are pretty much open already. No reason to be pinged now unless for story contest
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
@tulmultuous
I'm aware. I was never given the thread link for that event
@tulmultuous
I'm aware. I was never given the thread link for that event
EG2ha59.png vo5QYDb.png
FR +3
*Wind Council
*Bamboo buying
lHdQ8WC.png
PC663dN.pngxfl16Sg.png
@panderz Oh, I see.

Thank you!

I did eventually find it at the link below, if that's any help.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2836692
@panderz Oh, I see.

Thank you!

I did eventually find it at the link below, if that's any help.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2836692
KoXrWQ6.gif Silanahredwing@tumblr || Art tag

Cauldron || Dragon Boarding || PWYW sketches || Art Shop

FR time +3
If you need me, ping @ KIBETH (formerly Tulmultuous).
@Storygeek

HERE!

And everyone else check out the Poetry Contest! Seems they had some sort of accident over there too....

The Poetry Pirate Crew is handling things well though!
@Storygeek

HERE!

And everyone else check out the Poetry Contest! Seems they had some sort of accident over there too....

The Poetry Pirate Crew is handling things well though!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8