Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much apparel is too much?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm really sorry about this, but if you ever look at someone's lair and think 'wow, that looks like a mess' please keep that opinion to yourself. Some people have pretty fragile self-esteem and have problems deciding what they like for themself. It's gonna crush them, even if you're not addressing them directly. Thank you, and I'm, sorry.
I'm really sorry about this, but if you ever look at someone's lair and think 'wow, that looks like a mess' please keep that opinion to yourself. Some people have pretty fragile self-esteem and have problems deciding what they like for themself. It's gonna crush them, even if you're not addressing them directly. Thank you, and I'm, sorry.
yeeet.png
A lot of apparel can look great - however too much busy stuff can ruin it completely.
I've been through some lairs where I've been like "omg my eyes can't handle this mess" but I've also seen some amazing and creative dressers out there :)
A lot of apparel can look great - however too much busy stuff can ruin it completely.
I've been through some lairs where I've been like "omg my eyes can't handle this mess" but I've also seen some amazing and creative dressers out there :)
unknown-2.png
depends
depends
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
Honestly im the person with dragons ranging from almost naked to 'you can only see their head' [columns] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14182790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/141828/14182790.png[/img] [/url] My avatar dragon is one such dragon, he's very covered up[/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24007475] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/240075/24007475.png[/img] [/url] But I also have more bare dragons, like Honor[/center] [/columns] [columns] I don't really mind busy dragons because whoever owns them might have a lore reason for them being so busy. For a lot of my dragons apparel is also down to their individual personalities and I myself am not a big fan of the apparel combos. One of my dragons is intentionally badly dressed to cover as much of her body as possible [nextcol] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14560398] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/145604/14560398.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] So I mean, I don't really get any unpleasant reactions to busy dragons, people can do what they want with them and as long as they're happy, I'm happy
Honestly im the person with dragons ranging from almost naked to 'you can only see their head'

14182790.png

My avatar dragon is one such dragon, he's very covered up

24007475.png

But I also have more bare dragons, like Honor
I don't really mind busy dragons because whoever owns them might have a lore reason for them being so busy. For a lot of my dragons apparel is also down to their individual personalities and I myself am not a big fan of the apparel combos. One of my dragons is intentionally badly dressed to cover as much of her body as possible
14560398.png
So I mean, I don't really get any unpleasant reactions to busy dragons, people can do what they want with them and as long as they're happy, I'm happy
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
I’ve seen quite a few cluttered dragons, but I can see the appeal behind them. Personally, I think my outfits are way too plain. I’m currently trying to improve at them by messing around in the dressing room but I haven’t had much luck :P For me you have to strike a good balance between covering the dragon but also leaving enough uncovered to show off their colors and genes. Another really big thing would be choosing the right colors so they don’t clash with the dragon.
I’ve seen quite a few cluttered dragons, but I can see the appeal behind them. Personally, I think my outfits are way too plain. I’m currently trying to improve at them by messing around in the dressing room but I haven’t had much luck :P For me you have to strike a good balance between covering the dragon but also leaving enough uncovered to show off their colors and genes. Another really big thing would be choosing the right colors so they don’t clash with the dragon.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Too many apparel that makes it look like a mess that isn't good? Don't look at my lair then, it's hideous in that case. *Pushes it off view*
Truly depends on how it's dealt with.
Too many apparel that makes it look like a mess that isn't good? Don't look at my lair then, it's hideous in that case. *Pushes it off view*
Truly depends on how it's dealt with.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
My dragons don't wear many clothes but I figure FR has all those slots and apparel options for a reason! I've seen some crazy elaborate outfits out there, some of which are pretty frickin' impressive. (I probably seem boring by comparison, lol) When I see fully dressed dragons, I get the impression that their owner has put a lot of love and care into them- but at the same time, it's not my personal taste. It's just a feature of the game that I don't utilize much in my playstyle, but either way it's all good~! [emoji=sunglasses size=1]
My dragons don't wear many clothes but I figure FR has all those slots and apparel options for a reason! I've seen some crazy elaborate outfits out there, some of which are pretty frickin' impressive. (I probably seem boring by comparison, lol) When I see fully dressed dragons, I get the impression that their owner has put a lot of love and care into them- but at the same time, it's not my personal taste. It's just a feature of the game that I don't utilize much in my playstyle, but either way it's all good~!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
There's no such thing as too much apparel. By the Icewarden, my dragons [i]will[/i] look like a charity shop bargain bin come to life and [i]there's nothing you can do to stop me[/i]. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34614211] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346143/34614211_350.png[/img] [/url]
There's no such thing as too much apparel. By the Icewarden, my dragons will look like a charity shop bargain bin come to life and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

34614211_350.png
To be honest I do think sometimes some apparel is too much if I don't get to see the dragon. Some people do like messing around with Marva's Invisibility Cloak and the apparel instead and I do use it to cover up dragons I am in the process of geneing but I think too much is when I don't see the dragon anymore.

Like full body skins are one thing but I like seeing genes more than I like seeing apparel. Apparel is more for when I want to have fun and see them differently. If I can't stand to see them naked then what is the point of keeping them?
To be honest I do think sometimes some apparel is too much if I don't get to see the dragon. Some people do like messing around with Marva's Invisibility Cloak and the apparel instead and I do use it to cover up dragons I am in the process of geneing but I think too much is when I don't see the dragon anymore.

Like full body skins are one thing but I like seeing genes more than I like seeing apparel. Apparel is more for when I want to have fun and see them differently. If I can't stand to see them naked then what is the point of keeping them?
I love a cluttered aesthetic, so I have plans to layer on the apparel for all of my dragons (when I get there). I think the key is choosing which apparel to add. Not all apparel is created equally, some will cover the entire body (like robes, dresses, or pants) and some will decorate the dragon (like Sylvan apparel, veils, necklaces, wing silks).

Also, skins and accents can really affect how a dragon appears, so it's not always the apparel at fault!
I love a cluttered aesthetic, so I have plans to layer on the apparel for all of my dragons (when I get there). I think the key is choosing which apparel to add. Not all apparel is created equally, some will cover the entire body (like robes, dresses, or pants) and some will decorate the dragon (like Sylvan apparel, veils, necklaces, wing silks).

Also, skins and accents can really affect how a dragon appears, so it's not always the apparel at fault!
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8