Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much apparel is too much?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Do you ever look at someone's lair and think 'wow, that looks like a mess'?
Like, it's too busy. There's too much going on and it just doesn't look good.

What do you think?
Do you ever look at someone's lair and think 'wow, that looks like a mess'?
Like, it's too busy. There's too much going on and it just doesn't look good.

What do you think?
They/Them Oh wow! I got an alert! *clicks notification* science prevails
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo2_250.png[url=http:
I feel like it depends on the pieces. You can tastefully hit maximum allowed apparel but dragons that are too busy are definitely a thing.
I feel like it depends on the pieces. You can tastefully hit maximum allowed apparel but dragons that are too busy are definitely a thing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
any/all pronouns • FRT +0 • retired UM accents for sale and trade
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tbh i prefer not very much apparel or some, since instead of seeing a slop of apparel mixed i want to see the dragon
tbh i prefer not very much apparel or some, since instead of seeing a slop of apparel mixed i want to see the dragon
23863.png

BPco0tZ.png DVynlKm.png
> he/him
> items shop
> wishlist
> royaltundra -> angler
Thats why I limit myself to the standard 7 slots. It allows you to dress them effectively but also limits you from over-dressing. I like to be able to see the dragon/its skin or accent.
Thats why I limit myself to the standard 7 slots. It allows you to dress them effectively but also limits you from over-dressing. I like to be able to see the dragon/its skin or accent.
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
If you can't see at least 50% of the actual dragon it's too much.
If you can't see at least 50% of the actual dragon it's too much.
Depends on the derg
I have a bunch I just slap apparel on cuz they're all temporary
Also have Stone, who is colorblind and thinks he's actually dazzling. Instead, he's a hot mess
Depends on the derg
I have a bunch I just slap apparel on cuz they're all temporary
Also have Stone, who is colorblind and thinks he's actually dazzling. Instead, he's a hot mess
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
[quote name="Atavistic" date="2020-02-14 20:33:35" ] I feel like it depends on the pieces. You can tastefully hit maximum allowed apparel but dragons that are too busy are definitely a thing. [/quote] I agree. I'm not a fan of drowning a dragon in so much apparel you can't even [i]see[/i] the dragon, but like, to each their own, I guess. To be fair, there have been a few times where I slap way too much apparel on a dragon, but I almost always go back and take stuff off later.
Atavistic wrote on 2020-02-14 20:33:35:

I agree.

I'm not a fan of drowning a dragon in so much apparel you can't even see the dragon, but like, to each their own, I guess. To be fair, there have been a few times where I slap way too much apparel on a dragon, but I almost always go back and take stuff off later.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
It honestly depends on the piece. I have dragons wearing 15 pieces of apparel that looks less covered than dragons with 7. It depends on what pieces the player layered on the derg.

Lately I've been covering a dragon's body but I almost always leaves the wings bare or mininally covered, FR really needs wing apaprel that looks less bulky.
It honestly depends on the piece. I have dragons wearing 15 pieces of apparel that looks less covered than dragons with 7. It depends on what pieces the player layered on the derg.

Lately I've been covering a dragon's body but I almost always leaves the wings bare or mininally covered, FR really needs wing apaprel that looks less bulky.
1WhYQHt.png
I mean if I can see at least 30% of the dragon, then It's usually good. Some dragons rock large amounts of apparel though. There is no exact number since different apparel covers different amounts of the dragon. Like the teardrop jewelry doesn't cover much, but most fest apparel covers a large amount of the dragon.

I also feel like most of the time flowerfalls or the seasonal wind can make an otherwise well balanced outfit seem far too cluttered
I mean if I can see at least 30% of the dragon, then It's usually good. Some dragons rock large amounts of apparel though. There is no exact number since different apparel covers different amounts of the dragon. Like the teardrop jewelry doesn't cover much, but most fest apparel covers a large amount of the dragon.

I also feel like most of the time flowerfalls or the seasonal wind can make an otherwise well balanced outfit seem far too cluttered
i think my dragons look busier because of the accents - using the right skin and minimal apparel can give it a busy but not too busy look that i love :p
i think my dragons look busier because of the accents - using the right skin and minimal apparel can give it a busy but not too busy look that i love :p
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8