Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Things YOU can't do on FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6
have more than 50 permas at a time, that aren't breeding pairs. This is really frustrating on several levels because I reaalllyy want to start my hatchery, but I also really hate seeing more than 50 dragons in my lair. It also would be cool to make fandragon projects out of everything, but I end up exalting them because I feel I have too many dragons. It's really annoying if I'm being honest but I can't help it!

I also don't buy UMAs unless a dragon I have will look PERFECT in it. UMAs don't really interest me. Or G1s for that matter. The only ones I have were hatched by me or gifts (save for Penny of course. I bought him faster than I can say hello).

I don't really breed much either, I like having my offspring lists themed
have more than 50 permas at a time, that aren't breeding pairs. This is really frustrating on several levels because I reaalllyy want to start my hatchery, but I also really hate seeing more than 50 dragons in my lair. It also would be cool to make fandragon projects out of everything, but I end up exalting them because I feel I have too many dragons. It's really annoying if I'm being honest but I can't help it!

I also don't buy UMAs unless a dragon I have will look PERFECT in it. UMAs don't really interest me. Or G1s for that matter. The only ones I have were hatched by me or gifts (save for Penny of course. I bought him faster than I can say hello).

I don't really breed much either, I like having my offspring lists themed
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
I can't seem to get into the personal lore/roleplay aspect of FR- I really love reading everyone's biographies and profiles, but it's not something I feel particularly drawn to. I also flatly refuse to get into the G1 scene. [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] Most of my dragons I've had to gene up from scratch already, so it's not like that's the problem. But because they also tend to require extensive breeding projects, the idea of waiting for the right colours to hatch from a completely randomized egg is... nightmarish. One thing I'd like to explore a bit more is UMAs, but I already have heaps of those + festival accents that aren't on any dragons, so I should probably find a use for what I have first! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
I can't seem to get into the personal lore/roleplay aspect of FR- I really love reading everyone's biographies and profiles, but it's not something I feel particularly drawn to.

I also flatly refuse to get into the G1 scene. Most of my dragons I've had to gene up from scratch already, so it's not like that's the problem. But because they also tend to require extensive breeding projects, the idea of waiting for the right colours to hatch from a completely randomized egg is... nightmarish.

One thing I'd like to explore a bit more is UMAs, but I already have heaps of those + festival accents that aren't on any dragons, so I should probably find a use for what I have first!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
I can't finish glimmer and gloom games most times along with I probably won't ever be able to fully do a lair revamp, I'm just too attached to some of the dragons I have.
I can't finish glimmer and gloom games most times along with I probably won't ever be able to fully do a lair revamp, I'm just too attached to some of the dragons I have.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
pay attention to hibden items so i can expand it... i'm terrible about that

i also can't save money, i tell myself i'm going to max the fairgrounds/coli until i can buy a gene for my projects, but whenever i'm close, i impulse buy too much apparel. aaaaaaaaa

i also just don't like to coli when i'm not gaining xp. i finished levelling my first team up from scratch a few weeks ago and now i'm so unmotivated to go into the coli that i've started training a whole other team from level 1. agh! but it's all good in the end because i'm hoping to have all of my permas at 25 one day
pay attention to hibden items so i can expand it... i'm terrible about that

i also can't save money, i tell myself i'm going to max the fairgrounds/coli until i can buy a gene for my projects, but whenever i'm close, i impulse buy too much apparel. aaaaaaaaa

i also just don't like to coli when i'm not gaining xp. i finished levelling my first team up from scratch a few weeks ago and now i'm so unmotivated to go into the coli that i've started training a whole other team from level 1. agh! but it's all good in the end because i'm hoping to have all of my permas at 25 one day
alien IMLOeSD.png they/them eb2KXWV.png server time MOdulLz.png you are loved
dragons with basic tertiary
dragons with basic tertiary
I can't make accents or skins - partly because I don't have photoshop and partly because I can't be bothered.

I don't do Pinkerlockes.

I don't RP because I'm not very imaginative.
I can't make accents or skins - partly because I don't have photoshop and partly because I can't be bothered.

I don't do Pinkerlockes.

I don't RP because I'm not very imaginative.
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
Name dragons willy-nilly. I decided on a naming theme and revamped my lair to fit. They're now all named after space objects, as in stars, constellations, planets, comets etc. And then flight reps are given fitting finnish words for names.

The exception are those in my special hibden tab, but those are very few and far between.
Name dragons willy-nilly. I decided on a naming theme and revamped my lair to fit. They're now all named after space objects, as in stars, constellations, planets, comets etc. And then flight reps are given fitting finnish words for names.

The exception are those in my special hibden tab, but those are very few and far between.
ef45fe38258e11fa1b5e3bbc6d78d1f5d5c67737.png GeFqd6P.png GeFqd6P.png
  • cera
  • she/they/it
  • fr time +10
I used to have a grand plan to move my lair to earth and set up an autumn themed hatchery, but that ain't happening. You couldn't get me to commit to one or two aesthetics if you had a gun to my head, haha.

What can I say? I have varied tastes, and I find that wind eyes suit most dragons pretty well.

There are also food items I absolutely refuse to convert/brew. Chickadees, moths with really cute artwork, goats... The list goes on. I justify it by saying that my clan keeps them all as pets! Tasty, tasty pets...
I used to have a grand plan to move my lair to earth and set up an autumn themed hatchery, but that ain't happening. You couldn't get me to commit to one or two aesthetics if you had a gun to my head, haha.

What can I say? I have varied tastes, and I find that wind eyes suit most dragons pretty well.

There are also food items I absolutely refuse to convert/brew. Chickadees, moths with really cute artwork, goats... The list goes on. I justify it by saying that my clan keeps them all as pets! Tasty, tasty pets...
being a g1 lair
i love g1s, but i could never become a full on g1 lair, because a lot of my g2+ dragons are just as special to me as a lot of my g1s are, and in some cases the circumstances of their birth are part of what makes them so special to me, so replacing them with a g1 counterpart wouldn't work
also i like multigaze too much and switching to g1 would make it way too expensive to feed that particular like of mine
being a g1 lair
i love g1s, but i could never become a full on g1 lair, because a lot of my g2+ dragons are just as special to me as a lot of my g1s are, and in some cases the circumstances of their birth are part of what makes them so special to me, so replacing them with a g1 counterpart wouldn't work
also i like multigaze too much and switching to g1 would make it way too expensive to feed that particular like of mine
fMy4Ig7.png
Fancy close-range breeding pairs. You're going to struggle to sell the babies no matter how awesome they are. No point. And it means you have two very similar looking dragons in your lair, when I want variety.

UM accents. I just cannot afford them.

G1s. Every G1 is a very expensive gene project. Far more economical to buy a dragon that only needs one or two scrolls.

Long term breeding projects. I don't have the patience to keep trying again and again for the right babies.
Fancy close-range breeding pairs. You're going to struggle to sell the babies no matter how awesome they are. No point. And it means you have two very similar looking dragons in your lair, when I want variety.

UM accents. I just cannot afford them.

G1s. Every G1 is a very expensive gene project. Far more economical to buy a dragon that only needs one or two scrolls.

Long term breeding projects. I don't have the patience to keep trying again and again for the right babies.
vSxK3u9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6