Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does your clan settle its members?
1 2 3 4 5
My lair is built into a mountain and consists of a vast system of tunnels and caves that connect to the Great Hall in the middle of it all. Some dragons just sleep there, but most dragons share a den with at least 1 other dragon. Sometimes their roomates are family members, their mate or friends, but some dragons also just live with a random roommate that they just have to get along with, whether they like it or not. Only a few specific dragons have a den just for themselves, some of them involuntarily (because their roommate died for example).

The dens can be decorated however the inhabitants seem fit, and the entries are usually open, though a lot of my dragons will hang up carpets or curtains in front of them to have some privacy.

Newcomers will be stationed in the Main Hall until it is decided where they live. If they're lucky, they'll get one of the very few unoccupied dens. If necessary, the clan will carve new dens; though in recent times, the newcomers are more likely to be sent to the clan's outpost to prevent overcrowding of the main lair.
My lair is built into a mountain and consists of a vast system of tunnels and caves that connect to the Great Hall in the middle of it all. Some dragons just sleep there, but most dragons share a den with at least 1 other dragon. Sometimes their roomates are family members, their mate or friends, but some dragons also just live with a random roommate that they just have to get along with, whether they like it or not. Only a few specific dragons have a den just for themselves, some of them involuntarily (because their roommate died for example).

The dens can be decorated however the inhabitants seem fit, and the entries are usually open, though a lot of my dragons will hang up carpets or curtains in front of them to have some privacy.

Newcomers will be stationed in the Main Hall until it is decided where they live. If they're lucky, they'll get one of the very few unoccupied dens. If necessary, the clan will carve new dens; though in recent times, the newcomers are more likely to be sent to the clan's outpost to prevent overcrowding of the main lair.
iIrk1Wj.png
Breezebob on share a balloon-platform, while the others are either solo or paired up
Breezebob on share a balloon-platform, while the others are either solo or paired up
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
The four main members of the clan (not including the trainees) sleep in hollows in a giant pine tree. This is the main tree and only used for sleeping or book storage. (My clan loves to read.) There are other trees but they are for storage.
The trainees that stay with the clan during their training are required to find housing of their own. This could be anywhere from under the roots of the main tree, in tents in the forest, wherever. The rule is that they must leave things as they were before they made temporary homes there.

The hollows in the main tree are cozy, with books everywhere and pelts to keep warm with. There are even little curtains in front of each hollow, as to allow for privacy and to keep in the warmth and keep out the cold, if necessary.

The four main members of the clan (not including the trainees) sleep in hollows in a giant pine tree. This is the main tree and only used for sleeping or book storage. (My clan loves to read.) There are other trees but they are for storage.
The trainees that stay with the clan during their training are required to find housing of their own. This could be anywhere from under the roots of the main tree, in tents in the forest, wherever. The rule is that they must leave things as they were before they made temporary homes there.

The hollows in the main tree are cozy, with books everywhere and pelts to keep warm with. There are even little curtains in front of each hollow, as to allow for privacy and to keep in the warmth and keep out the cold, if necessary.

1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Each one has their own room made of (flesh?) Lucifer has the biggest, envy the smallest
The walls breathe
Each one has their own room made of (flesh?) Lucifer has the biggest, envy the smallest
The walls breathe
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
I don't have a lair in the shape of a lair or a den or a cave, my clan is a town, based on Ancient Egyptian and Hellenistic architecture, with some mini Roman and Indian elements thrown in.

We don't have hatchlings but we do have families, be it groups of friends, blood relatives, lovers or something else. It's entirely up to the individuals where they want to choose to live and what sort of building they need to meet their needs or standards. Modesty is a generally widespread thing, even though some lavish and extravagant elements are completely normal such as expensive and exotic linens, sculptures, sedan chairs, fancy futons, pillows, mattresses and tables, pretty much no one desires mansions. Even the royals of the oasis have houses. Sure, they're called villas but they're nothing special.

People mainly build their mertiu (houses) based on their own needs. A farmer would have nice living quarters next to a field or an orchard and a storage area for vegetables, fruit or grain. A fisherdragon would have a house next to the river or on a small island with a dock for their felucca, and some fishing rafts. A person of a fancy personality would have a larger, more colourful home, such as those of Lapis traders or jewellery makers. The winemaker, who is a royal, has a beautiful villa and an estate occupying the hill on which grape vine is grown, and the villa accommodates several workers/servants which is why it is bigger, plus a pretty pond and a visually pleasing interior and exterior are the little things that could make someone happier and feel more welcome. It is all based on taste and requirements.
I don't have a lair in the shape of a lair or a den or a cave, my clan is a town, based on Ancient Egyptian and Hellenistic architecture, with some mini Roman and Indian elements thrown in.

We don't have hatchlings but we do have families, be it groups of friends, blood relatives, lovers or something else. It's entirely up to the individuals where they want to choose to live and what sort of building they need to meet their needs or standards. Modesty is a generally widespread thing, even though some lavish and extravagant elements are completely normal such as expensive and exotic linens, sculptures, sedan chairs, fancy futons, pillows, mattresses and tables, pretty much no one desires mansions. Even the royals of the oasis have houses. Sure, they're called villas but they're nothing special.

People mainly build their mertiu (houses) based on their own needs. A farmer would have nice living quarters next to a field or an orchard and a storage area for vegetables, fruit or grain. A fisherdragon would have a house next to the river or on a small island with a dock for their felucca, and some fishing rafts. A person of a fancy personality would have a larger, more colourful home, such as those of Lapis traders or jewellery makers. The winemaker, who is a royal, has a beautiful villa and an estate occupying the hill on which grape vine is grown, and the villa accommodates several workers/servants which is why it is bigger, plus a pretty pond and a visually pleasing interior and exterior are the little things that could make someone happier and feel more welcome. It is all based on taste and requirements.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5