Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fiona and galore are trans icons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Ern" date="2020-01-24 09:32:08" ] @/MurkyDepths You bring up some really great points. Personally I have no problem at all with folks taking any character and making it what they want it to be in their head, as long as they don't force it on others. But, we've already seen people scolded by aequorin even for the Fiona head canon you mentioned. If taking a confirmed trans character and making them something else in your mind constitutes invalidating gender identity, then does taking a character who hasn't been confirmed to be trans (like Galore) and making them trans also constitute invalidation of gender identity? It seems like the ideal situation would be for staff to clarify all the NPC genders. You're right then, of course, that folks who feel underrepresented in other areas would also seek representation but I don't think that clarifying sexuality is necessary in the case of Trading Post NPCs. [/quote] I tend to agree with everything MurkyDepths said, too It's the fact that there is canon (and possibly the discouragement of headcanons to the opposite effect of confirmed canon--which are still [i]fine[/i] and [i]valid[/i] headcanons that people literally do all the time on this site with various points spelled out in the encyclopedia) that's a problem here. I don't think this is going to get better, to be honest. People on all sides in every fandom are very defensive of their headcanons--and even worse, people take that defensiveness as being anti-whatever-their-headcanon-isn't. It's stupid, but everyone seems to be doing it. Because here's the thing about headcanons: to everyone who has one, that [i]is[/i] canon. And people everywhere tend to talk about them that way. Just... I mean, look around. Pretty much everyone's doing it. I'd love encyclopedia dossiers for all of the Trading Post NPCs, though. :) It would solve the problem and also just be fun to have more information on all of them. Maybe a tiny bit of additional and/or updated art even would be awesome.
Ern wrote on 2020-01-24 09:32:08:
@/MurkyDepths

You bring up some really great points. Personally I have no problem at all with folks taking any character and making it what they want it to be in their head, as long as they don't force it on others. But, we've already seen people scolded by aequorin even for the Fiona head canon you mentioned. If taking a confirmed trans character and making them something else in your mind constitutes invalidating gender identity, then does taking a character who hasn't been confirmed to be trans (like Galore) and making them trans also constitute invalidation of gender identity?

It seems like the ideal situation would be for staff to clarify all the NPC genders. You're right then, of course, that folks who feel underrepresented in other areas would also seek representation but I don't think that clarifying sexuality is necessary in the case of Trading Post NPCs.
I tend to agree with everything MurkyDepths said, too It's the fact that there is canon (and possibly the discouragement of headcanons to the opposite effect of confirmed canon--which are still fine and valid headcanons that people literally do all the time on this site with various points spelled out in the encyclopedia) that's a problem here. I don't think this is going to get better, to be honest. People on all sides in every fandom are very defensive of their headcanons--and even worse, people take that defensiveness as being anti-whatever-their-headcanon-isn't. It's stupid, but everyone seems to be doing it.

Because here's the thing about headcanons: to everyone who has one, that is canon. And people everywhere tend to talk about them that way. Just... I mean, look around. Pretty much everyone's doing it.

I'd love encyclopedia dossiers for all of the Trading Post NPCs, though. :) It would solve the problem and also just be fun to have more information on all of them. Maybe a tiny bit of additional and/or updated art even would be awesome.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2020-01-24 09:42:03" ] [quote name="Ern" date="2020-01-24 09:32:08" ] But, we've already seen people scolded by aequorin even for the Fiona head canon you mentioned. If taking a confirmed trans character and making them something else in your mind constitutes invalidating gender identity, then does taking a character who hasn't been confirmed to be trans (like Galore) and making them trans also constitute invalidation of gender identity? [/quote] Galore has no confirmed gender. He's not cis until proven otherwise, he's not trans until proven otherwise, and he's not nb until proven otherwise. At the moment, his gender can't be "invalidated" because he lacks a canon one. His pronouns, however, are confirmed, so the only "invalidation" I could see is the wrong pronouns being used. Meanwhile, Fiona being headcanoned as something besides trans [i]is[/i] invalidating her gender identity, because she's canonically transgender. Technically, I think that antennae headcanon doesn't contradict her being trans, but the phrasing was odd. The two can coinside, and I wouldn't hold it against someone unless they tried to imply she was cisgender. [/quote] This makes sense, but then does lead onto - will staff confirm the identities of the old npcs? Or will they make new npcs with confirmed identities? If they are going the canon identity route I'd like them to try and represent everyone so nobody is being left out. So I would like it is staff confirmed gender and even sexualities for the other npcs. Give me some gay dragons please <3
Drakessis wrote on 2020-01-24 09:42:03:
Ern wrote on 2020-01-24 09:32:08:
But, we've already seen people scolded by aequorin even for the Fiona head canon you mentioned. If taking a confirmed trans character and making them something else in your mind constitutes invalidating gender identity, then does taking a character who hasn't been confirmed to be trans (like Galore) and making them trans also constitute invalidation of gender identity?
Galore has no confirmed gender. He's not cis until proven otherwise, he's not trans until proven otherwise, and he's not nb until proven otherwise. At the moment, his gender can't be "invalidated" because he lacks a canon one. His pronouns, however, are confirmed, so the only "invalidation" I could see is the wrong pronouns being used.

Meanwhile, Fiona being headcanoned as something besides trans is invalidating her gender identity, because she's canonically transgender. Technically, I think that antennae headcanon doesn't contradict her being trans, but the phrasing was odd. The two can coinside, and I wouldn't hold it against someone unless they tried to imply she was cisgender.

This makes sense, but then does lead onto - will staff confirm the identities of the old npcs? Or will they make new npcs with confirmed identities? If they are going the canon identity route I'd like them to try and represent everyone so nobody is being left out. So I would like it is staff confirmed gender and even sexualities for the other npcs. Give me some gay dragons please <3
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
[quote name="neonhorns" date="2020-01-24 05:48:17" ] [quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2020-01-24 04:47:46" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2020-01-24 03:57:50" ] [font=georgia]why do people think galore is trans? it's not a girl's name.... or a guy's name it's a word [/quote] [font=georgia]this and he literally has the biggest beard of all guardians. I don't see why people want the dragons to be lgbtq so badly. Like, it's just a game if one of them turned out to be ace I'd just probably be like "oh thats kinda cool" and move on. I really don't get why people want galore to be trans?? It's just really confusing to me [/quote] [font=georgia]This. Yes, he can be trans, non binary, gay or ace. But so can literally everybody else like Pinkerton and Roundsey. As far as I know the only LGBTQ+ NPCs we have are Scribbles and Fiona. Would I love to see more? Yeah! But I'm a little weirded out with how a lot of people are desperately trying to prove Galore as trans and etc. Moreover, Fiona has proven that Staff is open about characters being trans. So when they said Galore is a male and goes by he/him, I think it's fair to assume he's a cis male. His sexuality tho? Who knows... [/quote] This :/ Please calm down, people. Let him be. If he wanted people to know, it would've been known already
neonhorns wrote on 2020-01-24 05:48:17:
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2020-01-24 04:47:46:
aeonium wrote on 2020-01-24 03:57:50:
why do people think galore is trans? it's not a girl's name.... or a guy's name
it's a word
this and he literally has the biggest beard of all guardians. I don't see why people want the dragons to be lgbtq so badly. Like, it's just a game if one of them turned out to be ace I'd just probably be like "oh thats kinda cool" and move on.

I really don't get why people want galore to be trans?? It's just really confusing to me

This. Yes, he can be trans, non binary, gay or ace. But so can literally everybody else like Pinkerton and Roundsey. As far as I know the only LGBTQ+ NPCs we have are Scribbles and Fiona. Would I love to see more? Yeah! But I'm a little weirded out with how a lot of people are desperately trying to prove Galore as trans and etc.
Moreover, Fiona has proven that Staff is open about characters being trans. So when they said Galore is a male and goes by he/him, I think it's fair to assume he's a cis male. His sexuality tho? Who knows...
This :/ Please calm down, people. Let him be. If he wanted people to know, it would've been known already

All the representation on this site is fantastic (trans nb here) and it's so nice to have a place where trans and lgbt+ characters are welcomed and accepted!

On that note how did I not know thaT SCRIBBLES WAS NB?????
All the representation on this site is fantastic (trans nb here) and it's so nice to have a place where trans and lgbt+ characters are welcomed and accepted!

R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
I don't care about this whole situation and personally think Galore is a non-binary but
why are some people wanting Galore to be trans so bad?? Like, I'm talking about the ones aggressively trying to prove that mr.Galore is trans

I'm genuinely confused
why care so much?
what is even going on
I don't care about this whole situation and personally think Galore is a non-binary but
why are some people wanting Galore to be trans so bad?? Like, I'm talking about the ones aggressively trying to prove that mr.Galore is trans

I'm genuinely confused
why care so much?
what is even going on
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes.

If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason?
I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes.

If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason?
they’re dragons and that’s all we really need to know *shrug*
they’re dragons and that’s all we really need to know *shrug*
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
[quote name="@dadminkestler" date="2020-01-24 10:00:35" ] On that note how did I not know thaT SCRIBBLES WAS NB????? [/quote] Because a method of collecting such trivia into a centralized location on this site simply doesn't exist. Or, doesn't yet. Or, doesn't seem to. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1112431/1#post_4651218]Here you go[/url].
@dadminkestler wrote on 2020-01-24 10:00:35:
Because a method of collecting such trivia into a centralized location on this site simply doesn't exist. Or, doesn't yet. Or, doesn't seem to.
Here you go.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started.
yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
[quote name="@Wollywog" date="2020-01-24 10:41:45" ] yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started. [/quote] I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way. Did I miss something here?
@Wollywog wrote on 2020-01-24 10:41:45:

I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way.
Did I miss something here?
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png