Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fiona and galore are trans icons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Galore has the biggest beard in the land, they/he can be anything they/he want/s.

Tho "my" Galore is male, because Galore wouldnt be Galore without a beard.
Galore has the biggest beard in the land, they/he can be anything they/he want/s.

Tho "my" Galore is male, because Galore wouldnt be Galore without a beard.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

I don't understand why people want Galore to be cis so badly? I just don't see any reason for him to be cis??

Ok, sarcasm over. If you want to say that Galore's a male dragon, without any staff confirmation, you can't prove he's a cis man and disprove he's a trans man. That's not how it works. And, if someone is saying he's nonbinary, there is literally nothing on site contradicting that. If you say him having a beard proves he's not nonbinary, because only male Guardians have beards and female ones don't, what do nonbinary ones have according to that then? Handlebar mustaches?

If you want to headcanon Galore as a cis man, a thread where the op wanted to talk about their personal trans headcanon for him isn't the most polite place to do it.

I don't understand why people want Galore to be cis so badly? I just don't see any reason for him to be cis??

Ok, sarcasm over. If you want to say that Galore's a male dragon, without any staff confirmation, you can't prove he's a cis man and disprove he's a trans man. That's not how it works. And, if someone is saying he's nonbinary, there is literally nothing on site contradicting that. If you say him having a beard proves he's not nonbinary, because only male Guardians have beards and female ones don't, what do nonbinary ones have according to that then? Handlebar mustaches?

If you want to headcanon Galore as a cis man, a thread where the op wanted to talk about their personal trans headcanon for him isn't the most polite place to do it.

9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Uh, where does it say Fiona is trans?
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
"Galore can't be trans because he has a beard" do y'all know that HRT exists? That, surprise surprise, lots of trans people take hormones which in the case of a trans man would give him a beard?

Galore is not confirmed as cis and it's very telling the amount of people who suddenly come out of nowhere to yell at someone who hcs a character as trans that he's cis and they're wrong. Please stop and listen to what you're saying before you say it because some of you act like there are no trans people reading this.
"Galore can't be trans because he has a beard" do y'all know that HRT exists? That, surprise surprise, lots of trans people take hormones which in the case of a trans man would give him a beard?

Galore is not confirmed as cis and it's very telling the amount of people who suddenly come out of nowhere to yell at someone who hcs a character as trans that he's cis and they're wrong. Please stop and listen to what you're saying before you say it because some of you act like there are no trans people reading this.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
[quote name="itsThirteen" date="2020-01-24 06:55:56" ] Uh, where does it say Fiona is trans? [/quote] the devs confirmed it, Im sure someone has the link but look at her antenna. four, male skydancers have four, she trans
itsThirteen wrote on 2020-01-24 06:55:56:

the devs confirmed it, Im sure someone has the link but look at her antenna. four, male skydancers have four, she trans
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Yikes, this thread is a bit scary.

I think the issue is less about people's headcanons and more about people asserting them as fact. Saying "Galore IS trans" or "Galore IS cis" or whatever is obviously going to upset people on the opposite side, because that doesn't align with how they see it. Galore is whatever you want them to be, but that doesn't mean others will see him the same way. Using less assertive language might help ease tensions.

Anyway, my headcanon is that Galore is male and cis! I like that he has somewhat feminine traits (besides that galore-ious beard), there are plenty of people irl who are cis males with feminine traits and I see Galore as a representation of them. He's lovely! I can also see he and Fiona (and Crim) getting along swimmingly, they're both hoarders of a sort!

I think the issue is less about people's headcanons and more about people asserting them as fact. Saying "Galore IS trans" or "Galore IS cis" or whatever is obviously going to upset people on the opposite side, because that doesn't align with how they see it. Galore is whatever you want them to be, but that doesn't mean others will see him the same way. Using less assertive language might help ease tensions.

Anyway, my headcanon is that Galore is male and cis! I like that he has somewhat feminine traits (besides that galore-ious beard), there are plenty of people irl who are cis males with feminine traits and I see Galore as a representation of them. He's lovely! I can also see he and Fiona (and Crim) getting along swimmingly, they're both hoarders of a sort!
td9UiZS.png
I don’t think everyone is trying to definitively prove galore is trans or non-binary, it’s just that there’s no evidence to say he’s not, just like there’s not really evidence to say any NPC isn’t. But him having a beard? Some trans men have beards, some non-binary people have beards. That’s not evidence that he’s cis. It’s just fun for a lot of trans/nb people to have our own theories.
I don’t think everyone is trying to definitively prove galore is trans or non-binary, it’s just that there’s no evidence to say he’s not, just like there’s not really evidence to say any NPC isn’t. But him having a beard? Some trans men have beards, some non-binary people have beards. That’s not evidence that he’s cis. It’s just fun for a lot of trans/nb people to have our own theories.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
I'm headcanon Fiona as bi cuz we don't really got any bi rep..., she's also in a relationship with Roundsey
I'm headcanon Fiona as bi cuz we don't really got any bi rep..., she's also in a relationship with Roundsey
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="@itsThirteen" date="2020-01-24 06:55:56" ] Uh, where does it say Fiona is trans? [/quote] [Url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2812274/4#post_42031300]Right here![/url] [s]also y'all, calm down please,,[/s]
@itsThirteen wrote on 2020-01-24 06:55:56:

Right here!

also y'all, calm down please,,
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
[quote name="Ern" date="2020-01-24 07:06:20" ] Yikes, this thread is a bit scary. I think the issue is less about people's headcanons and more about people asserting them as fact. Saying "Galore IS trans" or "Galore IS cis" or whatever is obviously going to upset people on the opposite side, because that doesn't align with how they see it. Galore is whatever you want them to be, but that doesn't mean others will see him the same way. Using less assertive language might help ease tensions. Anyway, my headcanon is that Galore is male and cis! I like that he has somewhat feminine traits (besides that galore-ious beard), there are plenty of people irl who are cis males with feminine traits and I see Galore as a representation of them. He's lovely! I can also see he and Fiona (and Crim) getting along swimmingly, they're both hoarders of a sort! [/quote] Yes, this. Y'all, just let people have their headcanons. Would it be nice to have a second trans or nb npc? Sure, but you shouldn't be forcing that belief that he's x or y or z on others. The only definite lgbtq characters here are Scribbles (confirmed nb by Undel) and Fiona (confirmed trans gal by Aequorin)
Ern wrote on 2020-01-24 07:06:20:

Yes, this.

Y'all, just let people have their headcanons. Would it be nice to have a second trans or nb npc? Sure, but you shouldn't be forcing that belief that he's x or y or z on others. The only definite lgbtq characters here are Scribbles (confirmed nb by Undel) and Fiona (confirmed trans gal by Aequorin)
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8