Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fiona is trans!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="@Xeyla" date="2020-03-12 20:48:52" ] @/CyanicPanic Scribbles is Non-Binary [/quote] Thank you!
@Xeyla wrote on 2020-03-12 20:48:52:
@/CyanicPanic
Scribbles is Non-Binary

Thank you!
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
First time I've heard of the antennae thing but dang gurl good for her :000

On that note I wonder if a sex/gender change scroll is possible.....
First time I've heard of the antennae thing but dang gurl good for her :000

On that note I wonder if a sex/gender change scroll is possible.....
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
Side note: I love how she's holding the parasitic fungus like a proud momma saying "look at my son"
Side note: I love how she's holding the parasitic fungus like a proud momma saying "look at my son"
5949335_4yIOnfWSpuYviQb.png
stW7qZC.png tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_540.png
LGBT RIGHTS YEAH!
LGBT RIGHTS YEAH!
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
As thrilled as I am to see canon LGBT rep in my favorite game, I'm beginning to have sorta mixed feelings about Fiona in particular. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits and her art is adorable! I also really love how staff rolled her out and made her being trans a teeny tiny aspect of her character. It really shows that they didn't make her trans just to tokenize her, and that's an effort I super appreciate. My single problem with Fiona is that she still has the "male" antennae - I get that this was a really easy way to show that she's trans, I understand. The more I think about it, though, the implication that you'd always be able to know which dragons are trans just by looking them doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it, but it feels kinda similar to saying that she's not "really" female and you'll always be able to tell her assigned gender no matter how she presents. All of my trans dragons have the art of their actual gender rather than their assigned gender because I get intensely uncomfortable otherwise, so I recognize this is probably just a me thing and it's just something that makes me uncomfortable.

On the whole, I love Fiona and I'm thrilled with how she was implemented, and my problem with the implication of her art probably is only a big deal for me. I still love her and I'm super glad we have her!
As thrilled as I am to see canon LGBT rep in my favorite game, I'm beginning to have sorta mixed feelings about Fiona in particular. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits and her art is adorable! I also really love how staff rolled her out and made her being trans a teeny tiny aspect of her character. It really shows that they didn't make her trans just to tokenize her, and that's an effort I super appreciate. My single problem with Fiona is that she still has the "male" antennae - I get that this was a really easy way to show that she's trans, I understand. The more I think about it, though, the implication that you'd always be able to know which dragons are trans just by looking them doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it, but it feels kinda similar to saying that she's not "really" female and you'll always be able to tell her assigned gender no matter how she presents. All of my trans dragons have the art of their actual gender rather than their assigned gender because I get intensely uncomfortable otherwise, so I recognize this is probably just a me thing and it's just something that makes me uncomfortable.

On the whole, I love Fiona and I'm thrilled with how she was implemented, and my problem with the implication of her art probably is only a big deal for me. I still love her and I'm super glad we have her!
6ntc1cC.jpg
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2020-04-22 15:09:40" ] As thrilled as I am to see canon LGBT rep in my favorite game, I'm beginning to have sorta mixed feelings about Fiona in particular. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits and her art is adorable! I also really love how staff rolled her out and made her being trans a teeny tiny aspect of her character. It really shows that they didn't make her trans just to tokenize her, and that's an effort I super appreciate. My single problem with Fiona is that she still has the "male" antennae - I get that this was a really easy way to show that she's trans, I understand. The more I think about it, though, the implication that you'd always be able to know which dragons are trans just by looking them doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it, but it feels kinda similar to saying that she's not "really" female and you'll always be able to tell her assigned gender no matter how she presents. All of my trans dragons have the art of their actual gender rather than their assigned gender because I get intensely uncomfortable otherwise, so I recognize this is probably just a me thing and it's just something that makes me uncomfortable. On the whole, I love Fiona and I'm thrilled with how she was implemented, and my problem with the implication of her art probably is only a big deal for me. I still love her and I'm super glad we have her! [/quote] It might be that way because gender reassignment surgery might not exist in Sornieth, idk I feel like most people wouldn't even realize it either, I personally didn't even realize that male faes had antennaes until now.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2020-04-22 15:09:40:

It might be that way because gender reassignment surgery might not exist in Sornieth, idk

I feel like most people wouldn't even realize it either, I personally didn't even realize that male faes had antennaes until now.
5949335_4yIOnfWSpuYviQb.png
stW7qZC.png tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_540.png
[quote name="UnicornChild132" date="2020-04-22 15:22:15" ] It might be that way because gender reassignment surgery might not exist in Sornieth, idk [/quote] Considering the lack of sex change scrolls and actual technology is around the 1920's in progression, possibly. There is also the matter that the antenna aren't just for decoration and are part of their emotional sensing capacity ... getting rid of them might be like cutting off your fingers.
UnicornChild132 wrote on 2020-04-22 15:22:15:
It might be that way because gender reassignment surgery might not exist in Sornieth, idk

Considering the lack of sex change scrolls and actual technology is around the 1920's in progression, possibly.

There is also the matter that the antenna aren't just for decoration and are part of their emotional sensing capacity ... getting rid of them might be like cutting off your fingers.
4QFtgPW.png
Dragons don't necessarily have to adhere to a very strong physical gender binary, either. When dragons have sexual dimorphism, if any, it tends to be very subtle, so it's not too difficult to imagine that, with large populations of trans and nb dragons and multiple species of dragons in general, those differing features wouldn't be seen as all that gendered. For example, sure, it's usually male Guardians that have beards, but do you know who else has facial hair? All Imperials, all Pearlcatchers, the Gladekeeper... Heck, the Stormcatcher has a short Ridgie-looking nose.

If Fiona's antennae allow her to be more in tune with her familiars, what does gender really have to do with them?

Anyhow, I've been very happy about Fiona being a trans woman, and staff's handling of it! I don't really have any qualms about her.
Dragons don't necessarily have to adhere to a very strong physical gender binary, either. When dragons have sexual dimorphism, if any, it tends to be very subtle, so it's not too difficult to imagine that, with large populations of trans and nb dragons and multiple species of dragons in general, those differing features wouldn't be seen as all that gendered. For example, sure, it's usually male Guardians that have beards, but do you know who else has facial hair? All Imperials, all Pearlcatchers, the Gladekeeper... Heck, the Stormcatcher has a short Ridgie-looking nose.

If Fiona's antennae allow her to be more in tune with her familiars, what does gender really have to do with them?

Anyhow, I've been very happy about Fiona being a trans woman, and staff's handling of it! I don't really have any qualms about her.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2020-04-22 15:09:40" ] As thrilled as I am to see canon LGBT rep in my favorite game, I'm beginning to have sorta mixed feelings about Fiona in particular. My single problem with Fiona is that she still has the "male" antennae - I get that this was a really easy way to show that she's trans, I understand. The more I think about it, though, the implication that you'd always be able to know which dragons are trans just by looking them doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it, but it feels kinda similar to saying that she's not "really" female and you'll always be able to tell her assigned gender no matter how she presents. All of my trans dragons have the art of their actual gender rather than their assigned gender because I get intensely uncomfortable otherwise, so I recognize this is probably just a me thing and it's just something that makes me uncomfortable.[/quote] Not everyone who is transgender decides to have surgery. It makes sense to me for trans dragons to use either model.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2020-04-22 15:09:40:
As thrilled as I am to see canon LGBT rep in my favorite game, I'm beginning to have sorta mixed feelings about Fiona in particular. My single problem with Fiona is that she still has the "male" antennae - I get that this was a really easy way to show that she's trans, I understand. The more I think about it, though, the implication that you'd always be able to know which dragons are trans just by looking them doesn't sit right with me. I'm probably reading waaaay too much into it, but it feels kinda similar to saying that she's not "really" female and you'll always be able to tell her assigned gender no matter how she presents. All of my trans dragons have the art of their actual gender rather than their assigned gender because I get intensely uncomfortable otherwise, so I recognize this is probably just a me thing and it's just something that makes me uncomfortable.
Not everyone who is transgender decides to have surgery. It makes sense to me for trans dragons to use either model.
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BPvEzwR.gif[/img][/center]
BPvEzwR.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9