Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on Fiona?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[quote name="Layenne90" date="2020-01-23 10:13:38" ] (Also, I kind of think this is a slap on the face to those older players out there.) [/quote] As an older (ish) player I honestly think that this is one of the best ways they could have handled it. It really appeals to the casual collectors without directly devaluing the rare fams by introducing more of them to the site. If you still want the familiar to put on dragons or reach "true" bestiary completion you still have to work for it, but if you're just focused on filling out your bestiary as best you can it's now possible without spending an obscene amount of time on FR. I should add that with the over 700+ familiars on site and the 90 days required to awaken a familiar it's unlikely that we'll actually see people with awakened KS fams or sprites. It's not going to be as common as folks think.
Layenne90 wrote on 2020-01-23 10:13:38:
(Also, I kind of think this is a slap on the face to those older players out there.)

As an older (ish) player I honestly think that this is one of the best ways they could have handled it. It really appeals to the casual collectors without directly devaluing the rare fams by introducing more of them to the site. If you still want the familiar to put on dragons or reach "true" bestiary completion you still have to work for it, but if you're just focused on filling out your bestiary as best you can it's now possible without spending an obscene amount of time on FR.

I should add that with the over 700+ familiars on site and the 90 days required to awaken a familiar it's unlikely that we'll actually see people with awakened KS fams or sprites. It's not going to be as common as folks think.
td9UiZS.png
I am so used to just. coming on the forums that i saw this post and was like what on god is op talking about and didnt even stop to think there was a new announcement
I am so used to just. coming on the forums that i saw this post and was like what on god is op talking about and didnt even stop to think there was a new announcement
Fiona is adorable and im really excited for that update :D
At first i thought she was a wildclaw :P
Fiona is adorable and im really excited for that update :D
At first i thought she was a wildclaw :P
furry_fiddle.png
do you guys think the familiar rewards are partly in response to everyone drooling over the captcha recolors? because i nearly screamed when i saw that part
do you guys think the familiar rewards are partly in response to everyone drooling over the captcha recolors? because i nearly screamed when i saw that part
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
finally galore won't be so lonely in the third trading post row anymore. personally I love the idea of her, and I'm really looking forward to the recolours we'll get. also she cute
finally galore won't be so lonely in the third trading post row anymore. personally I love the idea of her, and I'm really looking forward to the recolours we'll get. also she cute
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
im so excited for this!! i'm an old player (2014~) but i have barely any progress on the bestiary because honestly? i just can't keep track of familiars and bonding with them... this Feats thing i feel will be a great help in actually awakening my familiars!

for perspective: i havent awakened a single familiar since i joined since it requires a lot of self discipline and organization i simply dont have. i feel like Fiona will help me with that personally, so i'm excited for her. i think the Flattery feature answers the age old problem of KS/Boolean/etc familiars being inaccessible for basically everyone.

i can understand the issue of it expanding the bestiary - perhaps there can be a seperate bestiary for Fiona's familiars that doesn't count towards your main bestiary count? unless you want it to... maybe.
im so excited for this!! i'm an old player (2014~) but i have barely any progress on the bestiary because honestly? i just can't keep track of familiars and bonding with them... this Feats thing i feel will be a great help in actually awakening my familiars!

for perspective: i havent awakened a single familiar since i joined since it requires a lot of self discipline and organization i simply dont have. i feel like Fiona will help me with that personally, so i'm excited for her. i think the Flattery feature answers the age old problem of KS/Boolean/etc familiars being inaccessible for basically everyone.

i can understand the issue of it expanding the bestiary - perhaps there can be a seperate bestiary for Fiona's familiars that doesn't count towards your main bestiary count? unless you want it to... maybe.
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
[quote name="Layenne90" date="2020-01-23 10:13:38" ] Thanks. I already feel burdened with my +700 fams as it is. >< Now we get recolors of each of those + 700 familiars.. I realize this won't happen over night but with these new updates, I feel less and less encouraged to continue playing.. surely, I can't be the only one who feels this way? (Also, I kind of think this is a slap on the face to those older players out there.) [/quote] I can tell you I don't feel that way, as a very much older player! People aren't going to own what they didn't have the time/money/inclination to own, but they still get to have a filled-in picture. People who actually have the familiars still get the public count! I don't know where you got the idea that everything was getting a recolour - it says 'certain familiars' and even the example only has one recolour for two familiars. As for me, I find the idea of even more familiars exciting! I'm almost fully awakened (well, apart from the NotN ones) so roll on the additions.
Layenne90 wrote on 2020-01-23 10:13:38:
Thanks. I already feel burdened with my +700 fams as it is. >< Now we get recolors of each of those + 700 familiars.. I realize this won't happen over night but with these new updates, I feel less and less encouraged to continue playing.. surely, I can't be the only one who feels this way? (Also, I kind of think this is a slap on the face to those older players out there.)

I can tell you I don't feel that way, as a very much older player! People aren't going to own what they didn't have the time/money/inclination to own, but they still get to have a filled-in picture. People who actually have the familiars still get the public count!

I don't know where you got the idea that everything was getting a recolour - it says 'certain familiars' and even the example only has one recolour for two familiars. As for me, I find the idea of even more familiars exciting! I'm almost fully awakened (well, apart from the NotN ones) so roll on the additions.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
gremlin energy . gremlin energy. i cant wait for her to pop up!!!
gremlin energy . gremlin energy. i cant wait for her to pop up!!!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
:D We're looking forward to Fiona. The feats are definitely going to motivate us to bond with our familiars more.
We're not too sure on the flattery bit yet, seems to defeat the purpose of the bestiary a bit but we're willing to give it a chance and see what happens :D
:D We're looking forward to Fiona. The feats are definitely going to motivate us to bond with our familiars more.
We're not too sure on the flattery bit yet, seems to defeat the purpose of the bestiary a bit but we're willing to give it a chance and see what happens :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Pretty excited because now I don't have to buy the 700+ familiars just to get a colored picture in my bestiary AND it means I can finally get rid of all the ones I don't want. No more crowded hoard pages [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Pretty excited because now I don't have to buy the 700+ familiars just to get a colored picture in my bestiary AND it means I can finally get rid of all the ones I don't want. No more crowded hoard pages
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22