Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are your less-used FR aspects?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I don’t collect familiars. I don’t join user made events. I don’t collect badges and achievements and I don’t hatch gen 1s or gene dragons. The only dragon I ever gene was seaweed.
I don’t collect familiars. I don’t join user made events. I don’t collect badges and achievements and I don’t hatch gen 1s or gene dragons. The only dragon I ever gene was seaweed.
I don't really care for Gen1s, dom (though the discounts are nice and all), or really fancy UMAs. I, on the other hand, like collecting familiars and writing lore.

One unpopular thing I like, though, is taking the really cheap skins and accents (think coli and/or swipp) and making them look really good. It's satisfying to see all the apparel mix and match with those typically unloved skins/accents.
I don't really care for Gen1s, dom (though the discounts are nice and all), or really fancy UMAs. I, on the other hand, like collecting familiars and writing lore.

One unpopular thing I like, though, is taking the really cheap skins and accents (think coli and/or swipp) and making them look really good. It's satisfying to see all the apparel mix and match with those typically unloved skins/accents.
Eeeeh...apparel. And most of the time fairgrounds.
Also all new things - why cant people be a bit more patient?
Eeeeh...apparel. And most of the time fairgrounds.
Also all new things - why cant people be a bit more patient?
rnytdP6.png
I mean, it's fun to get the bonuses, but I do not care about participating in dominance.
I mean, it's fun to get the bonuses, but I do not care about participating in dominance.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
Not into: g1's, rare IDs, themed lairs/lore lairs, art, UMAs

That's not to say I don't participate in those things at all, but I'm definitely more casual about it and overall can't be bothered.

A few things I NEVER participate in: RP, user auctions/raffles, OOF dom raffles/public buys, challenges like Pinkerlocke or breeding challenges

On the flip side, I do collect familiars and have spent quite a bit of money on my sprite collection over the years. But I'm not to the point of bothering with a light sprite or anything haha, I like filling my bestiary but I don't care quite enough to spend THAT many gems. I will also happily spend money geneing up dream dragons or completing outfits. Gem genes? No prob. Old fest apparel? To the AH! If I have the money, I'm buying it.

Also, not something I really spend a lot of money on, but I really like subspecies, particularly "official" flight subspecies. I just think they're neat.
Not into: g1's, rare IDs, themed lairs/lore lairs, art, UMAs

That's not to say I don't participate in those things at all, but I'm definitely more casual about it and overall can't be bothered.

A few things I NEVER participate in: RP, user auctions/raffles, OOF dom raffles/public buys, challenges like Pinkerlocke or breeding challenges

On the flip side, I do collect familiars and have spent quite a bit of money on my sprite collection over the years. But I'm not to the point of bothering with a light sprite or anything haha, I like filling my bestiary but I don't care quite enough to spend THAT many gems. I will also happily spend money geneing up dream dragons or completing outfits. Gem genes? No prob. Old fest apparel? To the AH! If I have the money, I'm buying it.

Also, not something I really spend a lot of money on, but I really like subspecies, particularly "official" flight subspecies. I just think they're neat.
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
I've never really gotten into UMAs, and I don't care about special IDs at all. Also not a fan of double or triple G1s. I'd much rather sell a double than gene it myself, as I prefer odd XYZs.

Edit: Do dragons count? If so, coatls. Not my cup of tea in any way.
I've never really gotten into UMAs, and I don't care about special IDs at all. Also not a fan of double or triple G1s. I'd much rather sell a double than gene it myself, as I prefer odd XYZs.

Edit: Do dragons count? If so, coatls. Not my cup of tea in any way.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Too broke to even consider getting into UMAs or collecting oldies B-)
Too broke to even consider getting into UMAs or collecting oldies B-)
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
There's...a lot of popular stuff I don't do on the site. I'm not big on G1s or special/low ID numbers (although I have a few of each just because I've been here so long). I respect the effort and skill of artists on the site, but I don't buy UMAs or art/pixels/etc. I think it's really cool that people put so much effort into lair aesthetics and lore, but I don't have the desire to do those things. I used to participate in dom and in-flight stuff, but after I had a semi-hiatus, I came back and found that my flight's forums were pretty much dead and all the discussion had moved to Discord, which I can't stand, so I don't do that anymore. I also quit breeding during that hiatus and haven't picked it up again, because it's hard for me to remember to add in Nesting Grounds during my daily rotation on the site, for some reason.

These are all things I see value in, but they're just not right for me at this moment.

I do like collecting familiars, as you can tell by my bestiary. I like coli, especially after we got keyboard controls. I like personal challenges, and things like grinding to get items for Swipp trades/Baldwin brews/hibden.
There's...a lot of popular stuff I don't do on the site. I'm not big on G1s or special/low ID numbers (although I have a few of each just because I've been here so long). I respect the effort and skill of artists on the site, but I don't buy UMAs or art/pixels/etc. I think it's really cool that people put so much effort into lair aesthetics and lore, but I don't have the desire to do those things. I used to participate in dom and in-flight stuff, but after I had a semi-hiatus, I came back and found that my flight's forums were pretty much dead and all the discussion had moved to Discord, which I can't stand, so I don't do that anymore. I also quit breeding during that hiatus and haven't picked it up again, because it's hard for me to remember to add in Nesting Grounds during my daily rotation on the site, for some reason.

These are all things I see value in, but they're just not right for me at this moment.

I do like collecting familiars, as you can tell by my bestiary. I like coli, especially after we got keyboard controls. I like personal challenges, and things like grinding to get items for Swipp trades/Baldwin brews/hibden.
MWFAgdF.gif gLbZUkF.pngsFMScix.pngUc6vApJ.png0jScwbh.pngjaogUTu.pngLLXHrpZ.pngIStPxKm.pngVywcR3B.png6Zs7hJu.pngEzf3dea.pngK3S42IV.png
1. I'm not into user-made accents.
2. I do not participate in roleplay.
3. I am not active in dominance pushing, besides potentially funding a venture with donations.
4. I am not into the art department, though I support those who are trying to fairly and responsibly sell / trade for their works.
5. I am not into "breed out the ugly" quests or "hatch until I get XYZ combo" or other things. I prefer smaller goals, like perfecting my progenitors.
1. I'm not into user-made accents.
2. I do not participate in roleplay.
3. I am not active in dominance pushing, besides potentially funding a venture with donations.
4. I am not into the art department, though I support those who are trying to fairly and responsibly sell / trade for their works.
5. I am not into "breed out the ugly" quests or "hatch until I get XYZ combo" or other things. I prefer smaller goals, like perfecting my progenitors.
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
gen 1's
crim and roundsey
gen 1's
crim and roundsey
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10