Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The convoluted concept of fandragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

How do you guys justify fandragons in lore? Or even just HAVING fandragons?

My idea is that there’s inter-dimensional holes leaking energy (or whatever) from other universes and basically, that infects (?) certain dragons into behaving, and ultimately identifying as characters from various fandoms, despite having no idea who these characters are, or even that their identity is a copy of someone else’s. (Hence why my fandragons who are related in the fandom are not such in Fr.)

That’s just me though, how does everyone else do it? Or... do you just not write anything, and I’m just crazy?

How do you guys justify fandragons in lore? Or even just HAVING fandragons?

My idea is that there’s inter-dimensional holes leaking energy (or whatever) from other universes and basically, that infects (?) certain dragons into behaving, and ultimately identifying as characters from various fandoms, despite having no idea who these characters are, or even that their identity is a copy of someone else’s. (Hence why my fandragons who are related in the fandom are not such in Fr.)

That’s just me though, how does everyone else do it? Or... do you just not write anything, and I’m just crazy?
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Some I outright had Shadowbinder grab their essence into her dark realm and shaped them into things that would fit her service, as they should be ever so grateful for her benevolence. Some extra, potentially unfortunate, things seemed to have followed through along with them. By chance or by intent, who knows.

A few others are just the Sorneith version of themselves.

Dante? Who knows. This guy just showed up one day in some building and eats pizza while not paying the bills.

One is kind of weird that they were named after the creature in a book, but it's like... the Sornieth version of that book? And some golem loving nerd just named one of their creatures after it. So like... fanception.
Some I outright had Shadowbinder grab their essence into her dark realm and shaped them into things that would fit her service, as they should be ever so grateful for her benevolence. Some extra, potentially unfortunate, things seemed to have followed through along with them. By chance or by intent, who knows.

A few others are just the Sorneith version of themselves.

Dante? Who knows. This guy just showed up one day in some building and eats pizza while not paying the bills.

One is kind of weird that they were named after the creature in a book, but it's like... the Sornieth version of that book? And some golem loving nerd just named one of their creatures after it. So like... fanception.
4QFtgPW.png
I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR. There is (usually) absolutely no connection between FR and the world that the original character is from.
I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR. There is (usually) absolutely no connection between FR and the world that the original character is from.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
I have a fanlair. Canon is a framework. These dragons share traits and certain plotlines, but the rest is wholly original lore. Sornieth versions of themselves essentially.
I have a fanlair. Canon is a framework. These dragons share traits and certain plotlines, but the rest is wholly original lore. Sornieth versions of themselves essentially.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="Mnkn10" date="2020-01-03 17:25:58" ] I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR. [/quote]
Mnkn10 wrote on 2020-01-03 17:25:58:
I write them into lore, but modify their backstory/traits so they make a bit more sense in FR.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
I don't justify them at all, I keep em seperate from my lairs' actual lore
I don't justify them at all, I keep em seperate from my lairs' actual lore

bannerart_2021.png
I have 2 fandragons, both of them are dragons already in the world they exist in (which is very similar to FR, enchanted objects, different dragon breeds, etc.) So I just kinda think they can just identify as the characters and my dergs are just "lol ok"
I have 2 fandragons, both of them are dragons already in the world they exist in (which is very similar to FR, enchanted objects, different dragon breeds, etc.) So I just kinda think they can just identify as the characters and my dergs are just "lol ok"
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

I don't need to convolute anything as my "fandragons" aren't supposed to actually be the characters/music/thing/whatever that they were based/inspired from. They're just regular dragons who share quirks, traits, or life experiences with whatever they're referencing/inspired by.
I don't need to convolute anything as my "fandragons" aren't supposed to actually be the characters/music/thing/whatever that they were based/inspired from. They're just regular dragons who share quirks, traits, or life experiences with whatever they're referencing/inspired by.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I just have them sit there and look pretty. No lore for them.
I just have them sit there and look pretty. No lore for them.
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
theyre in their own separate world away from my own lore
theyre in their own separate world away from my own lore
bVzIUfv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9