Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fans should have been
1 2
the default look for banescales, change my mind

no but seriously their elbows and spikes frustrate me so and at least by giving them fins we can just say that's what the elbow things are too and they're just finny dragons, just...

...uh...

...finnish?
the default look for banescales, change my mind

no but seriously their elbows and spikes frustrate me so and at least by giving them fins we can just say that's what the elbow things are too and they're just finny dragons, just...

...uh...

...finnish?
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Hmm. I can't say I agree. Fans can be cool, but on male Banescales, they just look like roosters to me. I like the opportunity to not do that. :P

It does remind me of the old Fins gene suggestion, way back when on the tert suggestions thread.
Hmm. I can't say I agree. Fans can be cool, but on male Banescales, they just look like roosters to me. I like the opportunity to not do that. :P

It does remind me of the old Fins gene suggestion, way back when on the tert suggestions thread.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
If I wanted something with fins, I'd get a Bogsneak.
If I wanted something with fins, I'd get a Bogsneak.
I think M Banescales look so empty without a tert like fins or porcupine... I wouldn't mind some fun dragon fins, it'd only add to their classical charm.
I think M Banescales look so empty without a tert like fins or porcupine... I wouldn't mind some fun dragon fins, it'd only add to their classical charm.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Depends on the person's concept of Banescales but I do agree that they look sort of empty. I think they needed some more unique physical characteristics and those larger tertiary genes truly fill up the emptiness. But that aside, I'd love to see a tertiary that actually makes the dragon look like they have a chicken crest or turkey snood. That'd be real cute imo
Depends on the person's concept of Banescales but I do agree that they look sort of empty. I think they needed some more unique physical characteristics and those larger tertiary genes truly fill up the emptiness. But that aside, I'd love to see a tertiary that actually makes the dragon look like they have a chicken crest or turkey snood. That'd be real cute imo
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-12-12 12:36:34" ] Hmm. I can't say I agree. Fans can be cool, but on male Banescales, they just look like roosters to me. I like the opportunity to not do that. :P It does remind me of the old Fins gene suggestion, way back when on the tert suggestions thread. [/quote] I thought the males looked like turkeys tbh, the bit added underneath the chin grosses me out. Edit: Not sure why I thought turkeys had wattles lmao.
Laluzi wrote on 2019-12-12 12:36:34:

I thought the males looked like turkeys tbh, the bit added underneath the chin grosses me out.

Edit: Not sure why I thought turkeys had wattles lmao.

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
That would have dropped my interest a good 50%. I'm not really interested in a chicken/basilisk dragon species.
That would have dropped my interest a good 50%. I'm not really interested in a chicken/basilisk dragon species.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-12-12 12:36:34" ] Hmm. I can't say I agree. Fans can be cool, but on male Banescales, they just look like roosters to me. I like the opportunity to not do that. :P [/quote] Especially the fan under the throat. Ruins the whole look.
Laluzi wrote on 2019-12-12 12:36:34:
Especially the fan under the throat. Ruins the whole look.
mkpoaHZ.png
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2019-12-12 12:56:40" ] I think M Banescales look so empty without a tert like fins or porcupine... I wouldn't mind some fun dragon fins, it'd only add to their classical charm. [/quote] yes this
Drakessis wrote on 2019-12-12 12:56:40:

yes this
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
If they were intended to be a water breed, then yeah sure default fans would be great, but they don't quite fit as a default for a fire ancient and I'm not interested in having a fire chicken be my flight's ancient. I do really love my houndoom-esque spiny boys; however, I do feel that the spines are a little too long and/or could be a little thicker at the base imo.

Sidenote: I do feel the emptiness some people are referring to. It may be because: 1) M banes' wings overlap their body and thus don't add much to their silhouette, unlike most other dragon poses, and 2) Banes' lack of arms, which is more apparent on F banes than M banes, makes the dragon feel more empty than what we're used to seeing on all the other breeds.
If they were intended to be a water breed, then yeah sure default fans would be great, but they don't quite fit as a default for a fire ancient and I'm not interested in having a fire chicken be my flight's ancient. I do really love my houndoom-esque spiny boys; however, I do feel that the spines are a little too long and/or could be a little thicker at the base imo.

Sidenote: I do feel the emptiness some people are referring to. It may be because: 1) M banes' wings overlap their body and thus don't add much to their silhouette, unlike most other dragon poses, and 2) Banes' lack of arms, which is more apparent on F banes than M banes, makes the dragon feel more empty than what we're used to seeing on all the other breeds.
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
1 2