Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just me? Or... (progenitors offspring)
1 2 3
I don't like offspring lists. I think they are super ugly and I wish I would have never ever bred any of my permas. At one point I yeeted a bunch of old permas simply because I bred them and the few I have left are the ones I am really attached to - and I still consider yeeting them.

I sold a 3 digit Imp simply because she had an offspring list from hell and I rather put the money towards something else.
I don't like offspring lists. I think they are super ugly and I wish I would have never ever bred any of my permas. At one point I yeeted a bunch of old permas simply because I bred them and the few I have left are the ones I am really attached to - and I still consider yeeting them.

I sold a 3 digit Imp simply because she had an offspring list from hell and I rather put the money towards something else.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
I bred my Progens the one time, they only had one kid and I've never bred them again. It makes neat lore opportunities.
I bred my Progens the one time, they only had one kid and I've never bred them again. It makes neat lore opportunities.
cutie_452_-_foxie.png qesQFkT.gif
Call me Milky!
They/Them, Fae/Faer | 25 | FR+0

Wishlist

My custom progen has 11 unnamed dragons in their offspring list and a non-matching tert, while my other progen has all non-matching colors, so I don't regret exalting them after changing flights.

That said, I'm not a fan of breeding dragons for fodder in general since offspring lists are unsightly. Not to mention that it's a bit strange from a lore perspective.
My custom progen has 11 unnamed dragons in their offspring list and a non-matching tert, while my other progen has all non-matching colors, so I don't regret exalting them after changing flights.

That said, I'm not a fan of breeding dragons for fodder in general since offspring lists are unsightly. Not to mention that it's a bit strange from a lore perspective.
I've bred my progens only once in the 5 years I've been on on this site. I didn't like my random so I exalted him. Brought him back once thinking I was going to give him genes finally, but nah. Nothing works imo. I still have my custom though.
I've bred my progens only once in the 5 years I've been on on this site. I didn't like my random so I exalted him. Brought him back once thinking I was going to give him genes finally, but nah. Nothing works imo. I still have my custom though.
DpIE0I4.png 94376151p.png
ytkEBod.png
FMoJ9vk.png
RDt6LqI.png
BAYHRHf.png
97xO4MG.png
it's always interesting to see how everyone handles their progens and their offspring (if they have any)

i've bred mine exactly once and never again. i don't regret it (still have their kids) but i'd rather keep it at just the two than clogging the list with more offspring
it's always interesting to see how everyone handles their progens and their offspring (if they have any)

i've bred mine exactly once and never again. i don't regret it (still have their kids) but i'd rather keep it at just the two than clogging the list with more offspring
qjeJRD.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
Aren't you forced to breed your progens once for the tutorial anyway?

(and, arguing that IF you had the hindsight to not breed them: people who are truly new to FR would be heavily suggested to breed them, they're walked through the process to do so, so isn't it intended?)

It's been years since I joined and made my progens, and my taste changed. Once I learned I can exalt them and get them back later for free at any time with no penalty, I went for it as part of my lair purge. I don't regret it.

One of my favorite dragons has parents, and I do wish I could have a g1 version of her instead. So I already have to make do with that. Trying to make do with 2 other dragons (progens) that have extra stuff to compensate for is more work for me to fit into my lair (which is already a hot mess...), but at least I can get them back later.

(and, arguing that IF you had the hindsight to not breed them: people who are truly new to FR would be heavily suggested to breed them, they're walked through the process to do so, so isn't it intended?)

It's been years since I joined and made my progens, and my taste changed. Once I learned I can exalt them and get them back later for free at any time with no penalty, I went for it as part of my lair purge. I don't regret it.

One of my favorite dragons has parents, and I do wish I could have a g1 version of her instead. So I already have to make do with that. Trying to make do with 2 other dragons (progens) that have extra stuff to compensate for is more work for me to fit into my lair (which is already a hot mess...), but at least I can get them back later.
3u37mIB.png
As a newbie I was too bothered by the fact my dragons were basic to breed them until after genes. By the time I gened them I had been in the community long enough to understand unbred was more desirable to most, and only bred them once for lore purposes. I will admit if I had bred them like crazy, I wouldn't have struggled quite so much to get funds as a newbie, but in the long run I'm relieved I didn't. Now that glimmer and gloom is out I don't breed much, I can just level dragons off the AH.
As a newbie I was too bothered by the fact my dragons were basic to breed them until after genes. By the time I gened them I had been in the community long enough to understand unbred was more desirable to most, and only bred them once for lore purposes. I will admit if I had bred them like crazy, I wouldn't have struggled quite so much to get funds as a newbie, but in the long run I'm relieved I didn't. Now that glimmer and gloom is out I don't breed much, I can just level dragons off the AH.
Buying Food UMAs
My progens haven't bred, and I am SO glad I chose not to breed them. And I don't plan on breeding them together!

It fits well in my lore anyways, and I don't plan on breeding or exalting fodder anytime in the future. I think as long as I can get enjoyment out of their lore, that's more than enough "use" for me.
My progens haven't bred, and I am SO glad I chose not to breed them. And I don't plan on breeding them together!

It fits well in my lore anyways, and I don't plan on breeding or exalting fodder anytime in the future. I think as long as I can get enjoyment out of their lore, that's more than enough "use" for me.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
I actually ended up using one of them as a fodder breeder all these years, but since I've started getting sentimental I've decided to spoil her and she's now become my child <3 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1063349] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10634/1063349_350.png[/img] [/url] I imagine her to be one of those that doesn't give a crud about her children, and just yeets them to the Gods. Her personality is....[i]unique[/i] to the say the least! I've also revived my other progen (the rando one) and he's another one of my projects. Currently trying to scatter him until I come across colors that are decent enough to work with. As you can see, I tried horrendously hard to cover up his ugliness with apparel [emoji=pearlcatcher deadpan size=1] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1063350] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10634/1063350_350.png[/img] [/url]
I actually ended up using one of them as a fodder breeder all these years, but since I've started getting sentimental I've decided to spoil her and she's now become my child <3

1063349_350.png

I imagine her to be one of those that doesn't give a crud about her children, and just yeets them to the Gods. Her personality is....unique to the say the least! I've also revived my other progen (the rando one) and he's another one of my projects. Currently trying to scatter him until I come across colors that are decent enough to work with. As you can see, I tried horrendously hard to cover up his ugliness with apparel

1063350_350.png

tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio5_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio7_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio6_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio9_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_oho03eSUbh1rusn4k_100.pngc55ff5aa607ecbcc9038939788cdcda9.png
[quote name="shoujo" date="2019-12-12 12:41:35" ] Aren't you forced to breed your progens once for the tutorial anyway? [/quote] No, it's highly suggested, but you don't have to.
shoujo wrote on 2019-12-12 12:41:35:

No, it's highly suggested, but you don't have to.
1 2 3