Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just me? Or... (progenitors offspring)
1 2 3
Okay, is it just me, or does anyone else feel strongly that progenitors are basically designed/deigned to be fodder breeders?
They are the first dragons you get and you have to breed them, as like, the obvious thing to do.

But some people end up regretting this choice and I don't understand why. I feel like the entire purpose of a progenitor is to have lots of kids and make money for your lair/give your lair new inhabitants!

I have one progenitor's daughter that I gened up all the way and I super enjoyed it, but after that? I figure that progenitors are basically useless without a job to do. They give you nothing when you exalt them. You can't sell them. You *can* coli train them! and you can make money off of them via fodder breeding. Why not do it?

Also as a lore thing, to me it would be kind of strange if the progenitors of a lair had no children. I guess they could just be warriors... ? thoughts?
Okay, is it just me, or does anyone else feel strongly that progenitors are basically designed/deigned to be fodder breeders?
They are the first dragons you get and you have to breed them, as like, the obvious thing to do.

But some people end up regretting this choice and I don't understand why. I feel like the entire purpose of a progenitor is to have lots of kids and make money for your lair/give your lair new inhabitants!

I have one progenitor's daughter that I gened up all the way and I super enjoyed it, but after that? I figure that progenitors are basically useless without a job to do. They give you nothing when you exalt them. You can't sell them. You *can* coli train them! and you can make money off of them via fodder breeding. Why not do it?

Also as a lore thing, to me it would be kind of strange if the progenitors of a lair had no children. I guess they could just be warriors... ? thoughts?
Dragons am I right
Yeah I've used my progens as fodder breeders from the start. I have one non-exalted daughter of them which has pretty colour, but other than that I've exalted them all.
Yeah I've used my progens as fodder breeders from the start. I have one non-exalted daughter of them which has pretty colour, but other than that I've exalted them all.
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
Not really. I don't breed my progens personally (I yeeted them to Rockdad a little while back), and I don't plan on it; I like them having a clean offspring list.

Lore-wise, my clan was only founded by my custom progen, so it makes sense in my lore that she wouldn't have children.
Not really. I don't breed my progens personally (I yeeted them to Rockdad a little while back), and I don't plan on it; I like them having a clean offspring list.

Lore-wise, my clan was only founded by my custom progen, so it makes sense in my lore that she wouldn't have children.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
One of my progens is a fodder breeder and the other one isn't. I did keep one of their kids and a grandchild, but beyond that all of their offspring has been exalted.

If I'm not going to resell a gen 1 I see no problem with breeding them. And since I cannot resell progens I have no issues with breeding them.

But I think it is also fine to not breed dragons and I understand why people wouldn't breed them. There are dragons in my lair that I don't breed for lore reasons or because I simply don't feel like breeding them.
One of my progens is a fodder breeder and the other one isn't. I did keep one of their kids and a grandchild, but beyond that all of their offspring has been exalted.

If I'm not going to resell a gen 1 I see no problem with breeding them. And since I cannot resell progens I have no issues with breeding them.

But I think it is also fine to not breed dragons and I understand why people wouldn't breed them. There are dragons in my lair that I don't breed for lore reasons or because I simply don't feel like breeding them.
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
I bred them once and then immediately got into g1s and now I regret having bred them at all. They have two children and that's two too many - I'd have yeeted them already but they're both level 25s with Eliminate :')
I bred them once and then immediately got into g1s and now I regret having bred them at all. They have two children and that's two too many - I'd have yeeted them already but they're both level 25s with Eliminate :')
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
I guess it really depends on your preferences and lore. I bred mine because they legitimately had a nice range with one another before I decided to change away from my ultra-sparkly gold random via scatterscrolls. Then they got their own G1 mates.

In terms of lore, even the warriors of my clan can have children. Pneumonic herself is my clan leader and yet she has a ton of children. Only specific ones will ever matter in her lore if any at all, but I did generalize her lineage and what makes them different or strange. However, if I had known I'd get into G1s so much I probably wouldn't have bred her because all of my gorgeous dragons (progen mates not inclusive) don't get bred. Pneumonic and Pachua (my random) are both lair gems to me.

That said, I don't think they're designed to be fodder breeders. As I said, I bred mine (before the scatter of the random) and they had a very tight range in almost every region. The primaries and tertiaries had basically the same ranges of colours, which meant I got a lot of XYX outcomes that looked amazing.

It's really just the luck of the draw, or lack thereof.
I guess it really depends on your preferences and lore. I bred mine because they legitimately had a nice range with one another before I decided to change away from my ultra-sparkly gold random via scatterscrolls. Then they got their own G1 mates.

In terms of lore, even the warriors of my clan can have children. Pneumonic herself is my clan leader and yet she has a ton of children. Only specific ones will ever matter in her lore if any at all, but I did generalize her lineage and what makes them different or strange. However, if I had known I'd get into G1s so much I probably wouldn't have bred her because all of my gorgeous dragons (progen mates not inclusive) don't get bred. Pneumonic and Pachua (my random) are both lair gems to me.

That said, I don't think they're designed to be fodder breeders. As I said, I bred mine (before the scatter of the random) and they had a very tight range in almost every region. The primaries and tertiaries had basically the same ranges of colours, which meant I got a lot of XYX outcomes that looked amazing.

It's really just the luck of the draw, or lack thereof.
I mean, I use both of my progens and all of their descendants for lore reasons, but even so most of their babies get yeeted to the Stormcatcher
I mean, I use both of my progens and all of their descendants for lore reasons, but even so most of their babies get yeeted to the Stormcatcher
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
I don't like breeding for fodder. I really don't want to get uggo with primal or multigaze. so breeding my progens then? nah. they just give uggo kids and I rather wanna have them in den, togheter with rest of gen1.
people regret breeding them are usually gen1 collectors and they want none/none in parents and offspring list.
I kept only one kid of my progens and I lately gened him up, he actually has pretty oi colours XDD it is also neat lore potential so eee
I don't like breeding for fodder. I really don't want to get uggo with primal or multigaze. so breeding my progens then? nah. they just give uggo kids and I rather wanna have them in den, togheter with rest of gen1.
people regret breeding them are usually gen1 collectors and they want none/none in parents and offspring list.
I kept only one kid of my progens and I lately gened him up, he actually has pretty oi colours XDD it is also neat lore potential so eee
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I regretted breeding mine after I realized I liked clean G1s as an aesthetic choice - like some of the people above have said. My entire lair is clean G1s except for the progen and the two Imperials. It clashes with my aesthetic a bit... and since writing lore for my progen, it's very hard for me to imagine her as a mother.

Game design wise, yeah. They're given to you so that you can learn and understand the concept of breeding. That is def their purpose, to be the first dragon pair you have. Breeding is a huge game mechanic and the progens are there to introduce that. So breeding your progens is indeed what you are intended to do and what the game leads you to do.

Doesn't mean I don't regret it, though.
I regretted breeding mine after I realized I liked clean G1s as an aesthetic choice - like some of the people above have said. My entire lair is clean G1s except for the progen and the two Imperials. It clashes with my aesthetic a bit... and since writing lore for my progen, it's very hard for me to imagine her as a mother.

Game design wise, yeah. They're given to you so that you can learn and understand the concept of breeding. That is def their purpose, to be the first dragon pair you have. Breeding is a huge game mechanic and the progens are there to introduce that. So breeding your progens is indeed what you are intended to do and what the game leads you to do.

Doesn't mean I don't regret it, though.

2.png

PaperWitch
She / Her
FR +3

|

Ikj9cpo.png
I think it's really up to the individual. They can be a great springboard for lore, for breeding, for G1 projects, for getting rid of entirely!

I've fully embraced the progens as fodder producers thing! They currently have the longest offspring list on FR, as far as I'm aware. ;P 378 at the last count!

I've kept quite a few of their kids, but the vast majority have gone off to the Bossman, haha.
I think it's really up to the individual. They can be a great springboard for lore, for breeding, for G1 projects, for getting rid of entirely!

I've fully embraced the progens as fodder producers thing! They currently have the longest offspring list on FR, as far as I'm aware. ;P 378 at the last count!

I've kept quite a few of their kids, but the vast majority have gone off to the Bossman, haha.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
1 2 3