Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [music] Born in Fire and Flame Piece
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
So is the Flamecaller a videogame boss now? It's so awesome! Or maybe this is what plays when you walk into her throne room!
So is the Flamecaller a videogame boss now? It's so awesome! Or maybe this is what plays when you walk into her throne room!
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
Oooh, this is great! Music is seriously underrepresented in fanwork so this is great to see, and the melancholy/slower pace is choice, considering the tone of the lore entry. It's also great pace for something out of Fire Flight besides - Fire definitely seems like the type to appreciate a good steady work song, thus it bleeding into even their non-metallurgy-related compositions.

Since someone mentioned other flight/breed songs - this reminds me of a VERY old project from back before Thundercrack Carnivale 2013, when an enterprising Lightning member wanted to get a chorus of Lightning flight members to sing a Lightning work song they'd written words to and composed. They never actually ended up getting the chorus together, but there is a version with piano to lead the vocals that I still have kicking around on my hard drive. I can't retrieve the words (other than the ones I remember), because they were in the Lightning discussion forum and I'm in Light now, but I remember some of the lyrics and still have the user's info if anyone wants to go scrounge for them.

The song:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6Eh93YAod_ml5qVcKOJFQQyEPD7NyPr/view

And the composer/lyricist was Kaj, #2980. I'm sure if someone goes back into July 2013 Lightning discussion posts they'll be able to find it, I think the thread was titled Lightning Work Song?
Oooh, this is great! Music is seriously underrepresented in fanwork so this is great to see, and the melancholy/slower pace is choice, considering the tone of the lore entry. It's also great pace for something out of Fire Flight besides - Fire definitely seems like the type to appreciate a good steady work song, thus it bleeding into even their non-metallurgy-related compositions.

Since someone mentioned other flight/breed songs - this reminds me of a VERY old project from back before Thundercrack Carnivale 2013, when an enterprising Lightning member wanted to get a chorus of Lightning flight members to sing a Lightning work song they'd written words to and composed. They never actually ended up getting the chorus together, but there is a version with piano to lead the vocals that I still have kicking around on my hard drive. I can't retrieve the words (other than the ones I remember), because they were in the Lightning discussion forum and I'm in Light now, but I remember some of the lyrics and still have the user's info if anyone wants to go scrounge for them.

The song:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6Eh93YAod_ml5qVcKOJFQQyEPD7NyPr/view

And the composer/lyricist was Kaj, #2980. I'm sure if someone goes back into July 2013 Lightning discussion posts they'll be able to find it, I think the thread was titled Lightning Work Song?
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
@Salthien Thank you so much for sharing that with me, what a cool piece and project! I dug around the Lightning Forums and found the post with the lyrics, here's a screenshot if anyone wants to see: [img]https://i.imgur.com/hxbRaWo.png[/img] Link to the thread if you're in Lightning: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/236287/1 Unfortunately it doesn't look like Kaj is active anymore, but gauging from the support in the thread it seems like a lot of people were interested in contributing! That might be a cool project to bring back for Thundercrack 2020, thank you so much again Salthien for showing me this!
@Salthien

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, what a cool piece and project! I dug around the Lightning Forums and found the post with the lyrics, here's a screenshot if anyone wants to see:

hxbRaWo.png
Link to the thread if you're in Lightning: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/236287/1

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Kaj is active anymore, but gauging from the support in the thread it seems like a lot of people were interested in contributing! That might be a cool project to bring back for Thundercrack 2020, thank you so much again Salthien for showing me this!
td9UiZS.png
Oh this SLAPS! I love it! Thank you for providing the score too, if the range is right I might be able to do an ocarina arrangement!
Oh this SLAPS! I love it! Thank you for providing the score too, if the range is right I might be able to do an ocarina arrangement!
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@Ern

Sorry I took so long - it was a hectic week. Here's the choral arrangement version 2: https://clyp.it/rdfre4nt?token=7cd830c989d0adc9c48e0ec674a7c0c7
(Also, I got permission to do the virtual choir! I'll ping you when the final project is done.)

@Salthien Oh cool! Good find! (I'll listen to it later - still got a bunch of stuff to do!)
@Ern

Sorry I took so long - it was a hectic week. Here's the choral arrangement version 2: https://clyp.it/rdfre4nt?token=7cd830c989d0adc9c48e0ec674a7c0c7
(Also, I got permission to do the virtual choir! I'll ping you when the final project is done.)

@Salthien Oh cool! Good find! (I'll listen to it later - still got a bunch of stuff to do!)
LxbWmll.png
Shivers from start to finish
Shivers from start to finish
dNCLmdm.png
What the heck this is so cool! This sounds like it would fit perfectly in an actual retro rpg or something.
What the heck this is so cool! This sounds like it would fit perfectly in an actual retro rpg or something.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
I can't stop listening to this! This is amazing! I loved the song teaser from the Banescale update, so it's awesome that you took the time to create the sound. Thank you so much for this! [emoji=banescale love size=1]
I can't stop listening to this! This is amazing! I loved the song teaser from the Banescale update, so it's awesome that you took the time to create the sound. Thank you so much for this!
take flight
GiKj6f3.gif
burn bright
This is so beautiful, it mesmerizing to listen to [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1]
This is so beautiful, it mesmerizing to listen to
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
Ehhem...

OHMYGODTHISISSOCOOL!
Ehhem...

OHMYGODTHISISSOCOOL!
PiAyg8i.png

A small flight banner, halve being fire and halve being wind.

Silver_Square.png
^ Fandragon ^
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11