Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [music] Born in Fire and Flame Piece
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Hey y'all, I took a couple hours and made a little 8-bit version of the song the ancient Banescale sing in the "Born in Fire and Flame" story entry. I tried to match the rhythm of the melody to the lyrics, so you should be able to follow along.

https://*******.com/stkc45k
(Takes you to a site called BeepBox, click the play button to listen)
Edit: This is a newer version, I made some tiny changes. Mostly smoothing out some harmonic...err, irregularities haha.

It begins with the E-G indicated on the first teaser, I tried to make it sound "fiery" and somewhat melancholy but 8-bit music has its limitations haha. It's also pretty repetitive, I might flesh it out into a small wind ensemble piece so I can get rid of some of the repetitiveness and utilize that sweet, sweet brake drum (band kids you know what I'm talking bout).

Anyway, enjoy!

(Older version here, in case you like it better)
(Link to simplified score on flat.io, feel free to make a copy and make your own arrangement)
(Link to PDF version of simplified score)
Hey y'all, I took a couple hours and made a little 8-bit version of the song the ancient Banescale sing in the "Born in Fire and Flame" story entry. I tried to match the rhythm of the melody to the lyrics, so you should be able to follow along.

https://*******.com/stkc45k
(Takes you to a site called BeepBox, click the play button to listen)
Edit: This is a newer version, I made some tiny changes. Mostly smoothing out some harmonic...err, irregularities haha.

It begins with the E-G indicated on the first teaser, I tried to make it sound "fiery" and somewhat melancholy but 8-bit music has its limitations haha. It's also pretty repetitive, I might flesh it out into a small wind ensemble piece so I can get rid of some of the repetitiveness and utilize that sweet, sweet brake drum (band kids you know what I'm talking bout).

Anyway, enjoy!

(Older version here, in case you like it better)
(Link to simplified score on flat.io, feel free to make a copy and make your own arrangement)
(Link to PDF version of simplified score)
td9UiZS.png
I like how your piece suddenly ends in the major chord lol(reminds me of JSBach). Great work!!!! I love this a lot and would be super interested if you actually do a wind ensemble version :) It'll be really great to add the bright tones of brass instruments, could also have some nice flute embellishments
ignore me if i'm talking nonsense i only play the piano and know a tiny bit theory
I like how your piece suddenly ends in the major chord lol(reminds me of JSBach). Great work!!!! I love this a lot and would be super interested if you actually do a wind ensemble version :) It'll be really great to add the bright tones of brass instruments, could also have some nice flute embellishments
ignore me if i'm talking nonsense i only play the piano and know a tiny bit theory
feel free to dm me if i didnt see your ping
Ping me if you do one not in 8-bit form. I'm not a fan of the 8-bit style so I couldn't listen to much of it before having to close it. But I'd gladly listen to it in another style ^.^
Ping me if you do one not in 8-bit form. I'm not a fan of the 8-bit style so I couldn't listen to much of it before having to close it. But I'd gladly listen to it in another style ^.^
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
I like 8-bit music so much, this is amazing!
I like the background clanking, like the ancient, older Banes are using primal variations of musical instruments to pass the time in their sad cave.
I like 8-bit music so much, this is amazing!
I like the background clanking, like the ancient, older Banes are using primal variations of musical instruments to pass the time in their sad cave.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
I can't stop listening
Amazing work ! ~
I can't stop listening
Amazing work ! ~
@Theophilus

Thanks! That ending is actually a technique known as a Picardy Third and I'm pretty sure it's a technique Bach utilized a ton. I agree, a wind ensemble version could add a lot more color, I'm leaning more toward the idea!

@vihuff

Sorry, the 8-bit is definitely pretty grating. I'll definitely let you know if I make a better version!

@Angelsand

Thanks!! I was trying to capture a metalworking vibe, but the best thing I had was woodblock lol. I'm glad it still worked out!
@Theophilus

Thanks! That ending is actually a technique known as a Picardy Third and I'm pretty sure it's a technique Bach utilized a ton. I agree, a wind ensemble version could add a lot more color, I'm leaning more toward the idea!

@vihuff

Sorry, the 8-bit is definitely pretty grating. I'll definitely let you know if I make a better version!

@Angelsand

Thanks!! I was trying to capture a metalworking vibe, but the best thing I had was woodblock lol. I'm glad it still worked out!
td9UiZS.png
Yeah I studied about it in my theory class XD Please ping me as well if you make other versions! Thanks<3
Yeah I studied about it in my theory class XD Please ping me as well if you make other versions! Thanks<3
feel free to dm me if i didnt see your ping
OH MY GOD I LOVE IT! BRUH IT FITS SO GOOD IT HAS THE SAME VIBE
genuinely just had a good time with that, thank you for making me happy this is great
OH MY GOD I LOVE IT! BRUH IT FITS SO GOOD IT HAS THE SAME VIBE
genuinely just had a good time with that, thank you for making me happy this is great
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
@etui @Jorlue

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it!
@etui @Jorlue

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it!
td9UiZS.png
This was beyond well done :o it honestly astounds me sometimes how people can make such amazing things, especially music! 8ibit, in this style explicitly, is one of my absolute favorite things to listen to. Its very well composed and fitting for the banescale. Awesome work!!
(I now really want to see an 8bit game to pair with this music haha)
This was beyond well done :o it honestly astounds me sometimes how people can make such amazing things, especially music! 8ibit, in this style explicitly, is one of my absolute favorite things to listen to. Its very well composed and fitting for the banescale. Awesome work!!
(I now really want to see an 8bit game to pair with this music haha)
rPflwkH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11