Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dimitri's Search planning
1 2 3
This is gathering input for planning on a sequel to Galen's Quest In case you're new and confused on what I'm talking about. Feel free to give Galen's quest a read through if you'd like. It should acquaint you to the A) Storyline B)Game and voting C) How the Raffle works

If you're interested in joining Dimitri's Search, let me know and I'll add you to the pinglist!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to make suggestions to me

Hi friends! I'm still working on Dimitri's search as promised! Although I find myself a little bit stuck on the raffle side of things and I would also like some opinions on a new mechanic I've been working on for Dimitri

So firstly, the raffle needs five prize pools. One of them is most definitely going to be Dimitri's outfit, and I'm already working on putting that together. The prize pools have to be in a way somehow personal to the dragon and also reasonable for me to obtain.

For example, Galen's prize pool composed itself of a lot of Gaoler things, gifts he obtained from Dimitri, and a call back to the iceflight which is where his species is from. He did have one random prize pool which was the eyes.

I would like to know if there's anything you'd like to see for Dimitri's raffle specifically, or if you have any ideas. I do hope to potentially include some apparel bundles (such as some old and new steampunk) and perhaps some guardian related stuff. Other than that though, I'm pretty open to suggestions.
EDIT: I'm getting a lot of great suggestions! most of the prize pools are clothes, and now I have one left, I already have 3 items planned for it, but I would like one more, preferably a gene. My funds are still a little low from the last game, so if you'd like to submit a gene for consideration, please no gem genes

Secondly, I want to implement a new mechanic for Dimitri which, SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read through Galen's Quest, is malfunctioning pretty badly.

Unlike Galen who only overrode votes once (although coincidentally it was the option with the most votes anyways) and due to his indecisiveness was pretty open to doing whatever got the most votes, Dimitri will be different.

Dimitri will still need help making decisions for obvious reasons, however I want his tendency to malfunction to be a game mechanic and I want to set up an RNG or something to reflect that. As in, say the majority of the votes go for option C, but RNG says MALFUNCTION, I then have to hit RNG again to see if Dimitri goes instead for option A or B

my question is, I was planning on using a coin to determine whether or not he malfunctions, which would make his malfunction rate 50%. I personally think that would be fun, but I can also see how that would be frustrating to players in case we get on a streak of exclusively malfunction, and I would like to know if I should lower that malfunction rate.

Also, while I was planning for the story, I discovered that Dimitri has more possible endings than Galen. Galen had either Shadow route ending, or Lightning route ending and I had prepared for both.

On the otherhand, while planning for Dimitri, I came to realize Dimitri has FOUR possible endings depending on how the voting goes. On the rounds that would determine the endings, I would NOT use the malfunction feature since I feel like that would be going against the nature of the game and it's interactiveness and the whole point is for the players to control the ending.

I'd love any thoughts and opinions to this :D
This is gathering input for planning on a sequel to Galen's Quest In case you're new and confused on what I'm talking about. Feel free to give Galen's quest a read through if you'd like. It should acquaint you to the A) Storyline B)Game and voting C) How the Raffle works

If you're interested in joining Dimitri's Search, let me know and I'll add you to the pinglist!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to make suggestions to me

Hi friends! I'm still working on Dimitri's search as promised! Although I find myself a little bit stuck on the raffle side of things and I would also like some opinions on a new mechanic I've been working on for Dimitri

So firstly, the raffle needs five prize pools. One of them is most definitely going to be Dimitri's outfit, and I'm already working on putting that together. The prize pools have to be in a way somehow personal to the dragon and also reasonable for me to obtain.

For example, Galen's prize pool composed itself of a lot of Gaoler things, gifts he obtained from Dimitri, and a call back to the iceflight which is where his species is from. He did have one random prize pool which was the eyes.

I would like to know if there's anything you'd like to see for Dimitri's raffle specifically, or if you have any ideas. I do hope to potentially include some apparel bundles (such as some old and new steampunk) and perhaps some guardian related stuff. Other than that though, I'm pretty open to suggestions.
EDIT: I'm getting a lot of great suggestions! most of the prize pools are clothes, and now I have one left, I already have 3 items planned for it, but I would like one more, preferably a gene. My funds are still a little low from the last game, so if you'd like to submit a gene for consideration, please no gem genes

Secondly, I want to implement a new mechanic for Dimitri which, SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read through Galen's Quest, is malfunctioning pretty badly.

Unlike Galen who only overrode votes once (although coincidentally it was the option with the most votes anyways) and due to his indecisiveness was pretty open to doing whatever got the most votes, Dimitri will be different.

Dimitri will still need help making decisions for obvious reasons, however I want his tendency to malfunction to be a game mechanic and I want to set up an RNG or something to reflect that. As in, say the majority of the votes go for option C, but RNG says MALFUNCTION, I then have to hit RNG again to see if Dimitri goes instead for option A or B

my question is, I was planning on using a coin to determine whether or not he malfunctions, which would make his malfunction rate 50%. I personally think that would be fun, but I can also see how that would be frustrating to players in case we get on a streak of exclusively malfunction, and I would like to know if I should lower that malfunction rate.

Also, while I was planning for the story, I discovered that Dimitri has more possible endings than Galen. Galen had either Shadow route ending, or Lightning route ending and I had prepared for both.

On the otherhand, while planning for Dimitri, I came to realize Dimitri has FOUR possible endings depending on how the voting goes. On the rounds that would determine the endings, I would NOT use the malfunction feature since I feel like that would be going against the nature of the game and it's interactiveness and the whole point is for the players to control the ending.

I'd love any thoughts and opinions to this :D
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
I'd like to be on the pinglist, please!

Personally, I think 50% of the time is a bit high- at that point, a lot of Dimitri's actions will be completely unrelated to player input.
I'd like to be on the pinglist, please!

Personally, I think 50% of the time is a bit high- at that point, a lot of Dimitri's actions will be completely unrelated to player input.
@Rivershard
Yeah, I'm thinking that too, but he's so screwed up right now that 50% just feels right. Perhaps I need to find a number that's smaller so that it doesn't mess as much with the interactive nature, but still big enough that it gives off the sense of MALFUNCTION

(added you :D )
@Rivershard
Yeah, I'm thinking that too, but he's so screwed up right now that 50% just feels right. Perhaps I need to find a number that's smaller so that it doesn't mess as much with the interactive nature, but still big enough that it gives off the sense of MALFUNCTION

(added you :D )
I would set his malfunction rate at no more than 25% and limit the number of times that malfunctions occur. For example if there are two malfunctions in a row, the third A or B choice is automatically a success.

Also please add me to the ping list as I think it might be fun to play with Dimitri as I have time.
I would set his malfunction rate at no more than 25% and limit the number of times that malfunctions occur. For example if there are two malfunctions in a row, the third A or B choice is automatically a success.

Also please add me to the ping list as I think it might be fun to play with Dimitri as I have time.
qDavPTk.png
I think 25% is a little low for this glitchy mess of a mecha-dragon. I’d say around 30-35, so that it’s not in-your-face and happening way too much, but it still poses a threat instead of being “aw darn, bad luck I guess”.
I think 25% is a little low for this glitchy mess of a mecha-dragon. I’d say around 30-35, so that it’s not in-your-face and happening way too much, but it still poses a threat instead of being “aw darn, bad luck I guess”.
ok fine i changed my sig
And I wouldn’t set a maximum amount. I feel like that’s a little controlling, and reduces the threat this function (or malfunction) is supposed to pose. Maybe the malfunction percentage can be raised if Dimitri gets something stuck in some kind of mecha-dragon-thing, or maybe after certain other things, like exposure to water or strong electricity.
And I wouldn’t set a maximum amount. I feel like that’s a little controlling, and reduces the threat this function (or malfunction) is supposed to pose. Maybe the malfunction percentage can be raised if Dimitri gets something stuck in some kind of mecha-dragon-thing, or maybe after certain other things, like exposure to water or strong electricity.
ok fine i changed my sig
Please do add me to the pinglist! Sorry for all the posts, but I’m trying to break my bad habit of always editing all of my posts.
Please do add me to the pinglist! Sorry for all the posts, but I’m trying to break my bad habit of always editing all of my posts.
ok fine i changed my sig
@Briton @Quartzdragons
Added

Hmm, I agree, I feel like 25% is too low and I don't intend on maxing how many times he can malfunction in a row either. Perhaps there could be a different mechanic in that if he malfunctions too many times in a row he needs to reboot which... does something for that round?

I also like the idea of adjusting the likelihood of malfunctioning given variables like terrain among other things. So like perhaps maybe a range of 25-40% chance of malfunctioning given a certain set of variables?

@Briton @Quartzdragons
Added

Hmm, I agree, I feel like 25% is too low and I don't intend on maxing how many times he can malfunction in a row either. Perhaps there could be a different mechanic in that if he malfunctions too many times in a row he needs to reboot which... does something for that round?

I also like the idea of adjusting the likelihood of malfunctioning given variables like terrain among other things. So like perhaps maybe a range of 25-40% chance of malfunctioning given a certain set of variables?

Yeah, that sounds good. 25% would likely be in a mostly be in very safe environment, and while I think it would *usually* go up to only a 40% maximum, if something REALLY bad happens (i.e. some damage to a part causes it to go completely haywire), it can be pushed up.
Yeah, that sounds good. 25% would likely be in a mostly be in very safe environment, and while I think it would *usually* go up to only a 40% maximum, if something REALLY bad happens (i.e. some damage to a part causes it to go completely haywire), it can be pushed up.
ok fine i changed my sig
@Quartzdragons

ooh and how do you feel about his emotions also affecting likelihood of malfunctioning?
@Quartzdragons

ooh and how do you feel about his emotions also affecting likelihood of malfunctioning?
1 2 3