Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed Reminder
[quote]Many of these archaic creatures were crafted by the gods when they first began to vie for territory. Hastily designed, these creations were needed to carve the land into distinct realms, and remain very different from one another to this day. [b][i]Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—[u]others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all.[/u][/i][/b][/quote] Emphasis is mine. Not all Ancient Breeds are associated with a God/Flight. So while speculating what flight a new breed might come from, keep in mind that "none" is a viable option.
Quote:
Many of these archaic creatures were crafted by the gods when they first began to vie for territory. Hastily designed, these creations were needed to carve the land into distinct realms, and remain very different from one another to this day. Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all.

Emphasis is mine.

Not all Ancient Breeds are associated with a God/Flight. So while speculating what flight a new breed might come from, keep in mind that "none" is a viable option.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
While this is true, I don't expect them to release a flightless ancient so soon.

Part of it is that one of our most recent (relatively speaking) releases lacked allegiance, the Bogsneak.
Part of it is because we have lots of non-wrapped-up flight lore that needs addressing (earth BOTE + the fest apparel and missing dragon in header, tidelord MIA, light BOTE and imperial dilemma, et al.)
Part of it is because 8 of the 11 flights still only have one breed to their name and I'm sure Flight Rising wants to dispense some of the love around before they start going wild with ideas. Earth and Plague in particular are famous for having some of the most unpopular breeds on the site. So was Ice, before Gaolers arrived.

Overall, I'd rather see flight ancients at this stage. Ancients that fall outside the traditional FR bodytype, now that's the kind of moldbreaking I want to see.
While this is true, I don't expect them to release a flightless ancient so soon.

Part of it is that one of our most recent (relatively speaking) releases lacked allegiance, the Bogsneak.
Part of it is because we have lots of non-wrapped-up flight lore that needs addressing (earth BOTE + the fest apparel and missing dragon in header, tidelord MIA, light BOTE and imperial dilemma, et al.)
Part of it is because 8 of the 11 flights still only have one breed to their name and I'm sure Flight Rising wants to dispense some of the love around before they start going wild with ideas. Earth and Plague in particular are famous for having some of the most unpopular breeds on the site. So was Ice, before Gaolers arrived.

Overall, I'd rather see flight ancients at this stage. Ancients that fall outside the traditional FR bodytype, now that's the kind of moldbreaking I want to see.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png