Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Teaser Image Did Me An Inspire
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@KronosDViolinist

Just because it's easier doesn't mean it's less valuable! You have a great creation there.

I'm assuming by your username that you play the violin, so you probably have some musical experience. Branching out into non-pentatonic based competition can be a bit intimidating but you can use your musical knowledge to help you!

For example, I created a little ditty in about 15 minutes based on the E-G being e minor. All I did was use a couple things I know from playing an instrument:

-A super simple I-V-I chord structure, with the bass line (bari sax) on tonic whole notes.
-Chordal Arpeggiation in the tenor line. I'd hate to play that.
-Chromatic noodling (that's the technical term lol) in the alto
-Simple scale-based melody in the soprano.

Anyway, the more you mess around with it the better you get. I think you already have a great ear so things shouldn't be too difficult, you can use your current musical knowledge to make things easier!
@KronosDViolinist

Just because it's easier doesn't mean it's less valuable! You have a great creation there.

I'm assuming by your username that you play the violin, so you probably have some musical experience. Branching out into non-pentatonic based competition can be a bit intimidating but you can use your musical knowledge to help you!

For example, I created a little ditty in about 15 minutes based on the E-G being e minor. All I did was use a couple things I know from playing an instrument:

-A super simple I-V-I chord structure, with the bass line (bari sax) on tonic whole notes.
-Chordal Arpeggiation in the tenor line. I'd hate to play that.
-Chromatic noodling (that's the technical term lol) in the alto
-Simple scale-based melody in the soprano.

Anyway, the more you mess around with it the better you get. I think you already have a great ear so things shouldn't be too difficult, you can use your current musical knowledge to make things easier!
td9UiZS.png
@Ern
Okay, yours sounds like a super intense video game level. Like something out of mario, and that was neat.
@Ern
Okay, yours sounds like a super intense video game level. Like something out of mario, and that was neat.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="PearlConnor" date="2019-12-06 14:28:55" ] Do you think the staff likes watching us lose our minds? [/quote] @Xhaztol @Undel pls confirm?
PearlConnor wrote on 2019-12-06 14:28:55:
Do you think the staff likes watching us lose our minds?

@Xhaztol @Undel
pls confirm?
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
@vihuff

Lol thanks, as you can probably tell I'm really holding out hope for a scary looking ancient!
@vihuff

Lol thanks, as you can probably tell I'm really holding out hope for a scary looking ancient!
td9UiZS.png
@KronosDviolinist ;>
@KronosDviolinist ;>
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
oh my god that was 12 notifications I can't-
Y'all I'm freakin screaming h-

@218715 @GrandeLatte @periplans @HydreigonOxide @Tribal
Y'ALL
I am almost crying here thank you so much!! I wanna say more but freaken heck I don't know what else to add hadghgjbh-

@vihuff
God I wish I could do that. Flat only has so many instruments so I just went with one I knew.

@Ern Excuse me that is fantastic? I agree with what was said earlier and that sounds like some cool heckin video game music! Thank you so much for the advice holy hell-

@Catkidemma *Nervous noises*
oh my god that was 12 notifications I can't-
Y'all I'm freakin screaming h-

@218715 @GrandeLatte @periplans @HydreigonOxide @Tribal
Y'ALL
I am almost crying here thank you so much!! I wanna say more but freaken heck I don't know what else to add hadghgjbh-

@vihuff
God I wish I could do that. Flat only has so many instruments so I just went with one I knew.

@Ern Excuse me that is fantastic? I agree with what was said earlier and that sounds like some cool heckin video game music! Thank you so much for the advice holy hell-

@Catkidemma *Nervous noises*
kY5fRTe.png
mmm I like it
good music, Kronos
mmm I like it
good music, Kronos
0gldo0m.png
@Solstices
jsdfhghb thANK-
@Solstices
jsdfhghb thANK-
kY5fRTe.png
All this wants me to make my own fan song based off of this, give me a minute
All this wants me to make my own fan song based off of this, give me a minute
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@Alfamangle :O yessss do it! Make the cool music things!
@Alfamangle :O yessss do it! Make the cool music things!
kY5fRTe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7