Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Teaser Image Did Me An Inspire
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ooh, catchy!
Ooh, catchy!
VGxuHXT.png
[quote name="KitalphaHart" date="2019-12-06 14:07:26" ] Sounds Eastern to me. Might be the instruments used Either way I feel like I should commission you to make a theme for my lair Edit: for some reason the rest notes all being quarter or eighth rests despite there being points where half and whole can be used amuses me for some reason [/quote] It sounds eastern not only because of instrumentation, but also because of the use of the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatonic_scale]pentatonic scale[/url]! These simple scales (and variations upon them) make up the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_musicology#Scale_and_tonality]backbone of a lot of traditional east-Asian music[/url]. They're also incredibly easy to compose and improvise with! So easy in fact, the use of pentatonics makes up a large amount of K-5 music education. There are no "wrong notes" when composing with pentatonic scales as opposed to heptatonic scales, so you can play just about anything and sound good. [url=https://www.ted.com/talks/bobby_mcferrin_hacks_your_brain_with_music?language=ne]You can even get an audience with no musical training to follow along and predict the notes in the scale![/url] I found them vital to teaching improvisation to kiddos; if you can't play a wrong note you'll be less self-conscious! Sorry for the lecture, I jump at any chance to talk about music. Great work OP, I really enjoyed your piece!
KitalphaHart wrote on 2019-12-06 14:07:26:
Sounds Eastern to me. Might be the instruments used
Either way I feel like I should commission you to make a theme for my lair

Edit: for some reason the rest notes all being quarter or eighth rests despite there being points where half and whole can be used amuses me for some reason
It sounds eastern not only because of instrumentation, but also because of the use of the pentatonic scale! These simple scales (and variations upon them) make up the backbone of a lot of traditional east-Asian music.

They're also incredibly easy to compose and improvise with! So easy in fact, the use of pentatonics makes up a large amount of K-5 music education. There are no "wrong notes" when composing with pentatonic scales as opposed to heptatonic scales, so you can play just about anything and sound good. You can even get an audience with no musical training to follow along and predict the notes in the scale! I found them vital to teaching improvisation to kiddos; if you can't play a wrong note you'll be less self-conscious!

Sorry for the lecture, I jump at any chance to talk about music. Great work OP, I really enjoyed your piece!
td9UiZS.png
That song is awesome! =0
That song is awesome! =0
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

@TheWorshipOnes @GirlGamer1001 Thank you!!!!
@Andasax same, but I could see a few other flights. Idk.
@PearlConor I'm gonna say yes to that last bit. They probably find it funny xD

@Ern
Oh holy shoot thank you! I know that was directed at Kit, but that helps me figure out what in the heckky I did to give it a specific sound! xD
Right now that's easier for me to do since I don't have a lot of musical experience, but at least I know it! And also thank you so much! You seem to know more about music and music styles, so it means a lot to hear that! (And also just in general all this is killing me with positivity)
@TheWorshipOnes @GirlGamer1001 Thank you!!!!
@Andasax same, but I could see a few other flights. Idk.
@PearlConor I'm gonna say yes to that last bit. They probably find it funny xD

@Ern
Oh holy shoot thank you! I know that was directed at Kit, but that helps me figure out what in the heckky I did to give it a specific sound! xD
Right now that's easier for me to do since I don't have a lot of musical experience, but at least I know it! And also thank you so much! You seem to know more about music and music styles, so it means a lot to hear that! (And also just in general all this is killing me with positivity)
kY5fRTe.png
@Yuubi FGhbGFDH <3
thank you!!
@Yuubi FGhbGFDH <3
thank you!!
kY5fRTe.png
[quote name="Ern" date="2019-12-06 14:36:15" ] [quote name="KitalphaHart" date="2019-12-06 14:07:26" ] Sounds Eastern to me. Might be the instruments used Either way I feel like I should commission you to make a theme for my lair Edit: for some reason the rest notes all being quarter or eighth rests despite there being points where half and whole can be used amuses me for some reason [/quote] It sounds eastern not only because of instrumentation, but also because of the use of the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatonic_scale]pentatonic scale[/url]! These simple scales (and variations upon them) make up the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_musicology#Scale_and_tonality]backbone of a lot of traditional east-Asian music[/url]. They're also incredibly easy to compose and improvise with! So easy in fact, the use of pentatonics makes up a large amount of K-5 music education. There are no "wrong notes" when composing with pentatonic scales as opposed to heptatonic scales, so you can play just about anything and sound good. [url=https://www.ted.com/talks/bobby_mcferrin_hacks_your_brain_with_music?language=ne]You can even get an audience with no musical training to follow along and predict the notes in the scale![/url] I found them vital to teaching improvisation to kiddos; if you can't play a wrong note you'll be less self-conscious! Sorry for the lecture, I jump at any chance to talk about music. Great work OP, I really enjoyed your piece! [/quote] Look at you, you excited nerd ovo Look at all this stuff I'm learning for it @KronosDViolinist Nothing like a commission to get experience We can talk it out in PMs, I think But not right now right now is bedtime for me
Ern wrote on 2019-12-06 14:36:15:
KitalphaHart wrote on 2019-12-06 14:07:26:
Sounds Eastern to me. Might be the instruments used
Either way I feel like I should commission you to make a theme for my lair

Edit: for some reason the rest notes all being quarter or eighth rests despite there being points where half and whole can be used amuses me for some reason
It sounds eastern not only because of instrumentation, but also because of the use of the pentatonic scale! These simple scales (and variations upon them) make up the backbone of a lot of traditional east-Asian music.

They're also incredibly easy to compose and improvise with! So easy in fact, the use of pentatonics makes up a large amount of K-5 music education. There are no "wrong notes" when composing with pentatonic scales as opposed to heptatonic scales, so you can play just about anything and sound good. You can even get an audience with no musical training to follow along and predict the notes in the scale! I found them vital to teaching improvisation to kiddos; if you can't play a wrong note you'll be less self-conscious!

Sorry for the lecture, I jump at any chance to talk about music. Great work OP, I really enjoyed your piece!
Look at you, you excited nerd ovo
Look at all this stuff I'm learning for it

@KronosDViolinist
Nothing like a commission to get experience
We can talk it out in PMs, I think
But not right now right now is bedtime for me
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
@KitalphaHart True, I just think in this case I'd ask for payment after I finish the song in case I end up not being able to do it.
Either way, sleep well!
@KitalphaHart True, I just think in this case I'd ask for payment after I finish the song in case I end up not being able to do it.
Either way, sleep well!
kY5fRTe.png
I love the song, thank you so much for making it :D
I love the song, thank you so much for making it :D
@LeafeonWarrior Leaf I hecking love you and you're amazing
@LeafeonWarrior Leaf I hecking love you and you're amazing
kY5fRTe.png
That is very beautiful <3

I've been wanting a theme for my clan,but I haven't read music in years..
That is very beautiful <3

I've been wanting a theme for my clan,but I haven't read music in years..
ex5BGkW.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7