Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Our embrace... (sound element ancient)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Whoever started lying about the myths and decided that siren=mermaid should be smacked with a rolled up newspaper. Bad!

Sirens are actually bird women, not fish women. In the legends they originated from, they were basically birds with human heads, that would perch on islands and outcroppings and sing, luring sailors to their deaths. The singing makes more sense for birds than fish anyway.
Whoever started lying about the myths and decided that siren=mermaid should be smacked with a rolled up newspaper. Bad!

Sirens are actually bird women, not fish women. In the legends they originated from, they were basically birds with human heads, that would perch on islands and outcroppings and sing, luring sailors to their deaths. The singing makes more sense for birds than fish anyway.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2019-12-06 15:42:34" ] Whoever started lying about the myths and decided that siren=mermaid should be smacked with a rolled up newspaper. Bad! Sirens are actually bird women, not fish women. In the legends they originated from, they were basically birds with human heads, that would perch on islands and outcroppings and sing, luring sailors to their deaths. The singing makes more sense for birds than fish anyway. [/quote] If mythological evolution wasn't allowed, we would have never separated vampires and werewolves from the same root creature. :P Variety is the spice of life! That said, the Water flight is famous for Tidelord communicating prophecies and sending them long distance, where they can be heard by seers who chase the bubbles or catch them with special shells. I think Water's got a solid claim to music without letting sirens anywhere near the equation.
vihuff wrote on 2019-12-06 15:42:34:

If mythological evolution wasn't allowed, we would have never separated vampires and werewolves from the same root creature. :P Variety is the spice of life!

That said, the Water flight is famous for Tidelord communicating prophecies and sending them long distance, where they can be heard by seers who chase the bubbles or catch them with special shells. I think Water's got a solid claim to music without letting sirens anywhere near the equation.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
i had no idea this was music themed omg
i wonder what this could be!! im excited
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2019-12-06 15:52:57" ] i had no idea this was music themed omg i wonder what this could be!! im excited [/quote] Yeah!! If you look closely at the image, there’s a treble clef and the E and G notes!
PixelSpiral wrote on 2019-12-06 15:52:57:

Yeah!! If you look closely at the image, there’s a treble clef and the E and G notes!
Earth song that quaked the earth and buried these ancients..
Earth song that quaked the earth and buried these ancients..
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="MsFishy" date="2019-12-06 09:38:01" ] Maybe it's for a wind ancient, with flutes and whatnot o.o I love the sound idea however it plays out [/quote] That is going to be unfair for the other flights. Wind already has 2.
MsFishy wrote on 2019-12-06 09:38:01:
Maybe it's for a wind ancient, with flutes and whatnot o.o I love the sound idea however it plays out
That is going to be unfair for the other flights. Wind already has 2.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-12-06 19:58:26" ] [quote name="MsFishy" date="2019-12-06 09:38:01" ] Maybe it's for a wind ancient, with flutes and whatnot o.o I love the sound idea however it plays out [/quote] That is going to be unfair for the other flights. Wind already has 2. [/quote] Exactly. And the way theories are going now, wind is too obvious a choice. If we were getting a wind ancient, it’d be way more obvious. Even though music is associated with flutes and stuff, it’s probably not that, and something more like singing.
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-12-06 19:58:26:
MsFishy wrote on 2019-12-06 09:38:01:
Maybe it's for a wind ancient, with flutes and whatnot o.o I love the sound idea however it plays out
That is going to be unfair for the other flights. Wind already has 2.

Exactly. And the way theories are going now, wind is too obvious a choice. If we were getting a wind ancient, it’d be way more obvious. Even though music is associated with flutes and stuff, it’s probably not that, and something more like singing.
i hope the devs throw us a massive curveball and its nothing anyone expected.
might even be one of the neutral breeds. we are close to notn and i doubt they would tease a breed months in advance, so they must be somewhat close to release?
i hope the devs throw us a massive curveball and its nothing anyone expected.
might even be one of the neutral breeds. we are close to notn and i doubt they would tease a breed months in advance, so they must be somewhat close to release?
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Truthfully I hope it's a breed of...

Earth- Snappers aren't liked all that much so it would be great if Earth got a more "pleasing" dragon.
Plus Earthdad said he "Wasn't alone" anymore so I assume something or someone is there with him, though not necessarily as a bad thing.

Water- Their deity has been missing for 2 years, I think they deserve something.
Tidelord had to dissapear for a good reason, his ancients could be a good valid reason.

Arcane- Something truly eldritch ir unusual would be amazing! And given the massive surges of magic and raising of the reaches this would be so cool.

No Element- a non elemental dragon would be amazing as it has been stated some of the creatures on Sorneith were formed by raw colliding magic, not necessarily from the gods themselves.
Truthfully I hope it's a breed of...

Earth- Snappers aren't liked all that much so it would be great if Earth got a more "pleasing" dragon.
Plus Earthdad said he "Wasn't alone" anymore so I assume something or someone is there with him, though not necessarily as a bad thing.

Water- Their deity has been missing for 2 years, I think they deserve something.
Tidelord had to dissapear for a good reason, his ancients could be a good valid reason.

Arcane- Something truly eldritch ir unusual would be amazing! And given the massive surges of magic and raising of the reaches this would be so cool.

No Element- a non elemental dragon would be amazing as it has been stated some of the creatures on Sorneith were formed by raw colliding magic, not necessarily from the gods themselves.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 3 4 5 6