Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | seasons in different flights?
1 2 3
I think we have all four seasons in Light, with a very hot summer, a warm autumn, a very rainy spring and a windy winter. We rarely see snow, but sea storms are very common during the cold season.
The rain season is necessary to provide new life with water and it should lasts for a year, although it's not uncommon to run out of water during summer.
The Hewn city is the most affected subregion by the rains, since the river always overflows
I think we have all four seasons in Light, with a very hot summer, a warm autumn, a very rainy spring and a windy winter. We rarely see snow, but sea storms are very common during the cold season.
The rain season is necessary to provide new life with water and it should lasts for a year, although it's not uncommon to run out of water during summer.
The Hewn city is the most affected subregion by the rains, since the river always overflows
Ani227MS5.gif
Ani359MS5.gif
ssss
KS2Azyk.jpg
sss
I have this weird headcanon that plague is always warm but like uncanny warm
I have this weird headcanon that plague is always warm but like uncanny warm
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
man i’m so into this, i would LOVE to see stuff like this further implemented into the canon, map and art and such

i think Arcane would have some really weird, mysterious and maybe sometimes scary sort of weather going on, in a similar fashion to Plague but just with space and warped magic! i can imagine winter snow collecting on some of the highest floating islands and maybe some sort of softly falling magical snow in the starwood strand that isn’t cold. during different storm seasons, there might be really heavy meteor showers, and maybe vortexes of energy flowing in bursts from far-off places in space. i would imagine that the movements of the stars and planets would affect the weather here way more than other regions, creating all sorts of strange phenomena, maybe gravity works differently at some times and makes the floating islands move faster or fall?

I imagine most of the starwood strand as being sort of really quiet and peaceful, the rain there might sparkle and bring out all sorts of elusive glittery plants and creatures, but it might give the sense of not being all what it seems; in some pockets of the wood things might be a bit more sinister and time/weather would be frozen in those areas. there could be portals hidden away in the wood that operate of their own accord, opening/closing and appearing/disappearing at different times of the year or during special weather events.

in my lore the western sea is also of interest, there are references to some pretty creepy eldritch things going on off on the sea; there’s something out there but nobody’s sure yet what exactly it is. really weird magical storms come in from out there from time to time, flooding the magical coves, sending floating islands spiraling and disturbing the vibration of the atmosphere, affecting the astronomers’ view. i think of some coral reefs just off the shore that look a lot like the starwood trees, and one of my dragons who works as a fisher down there once encountered a cyclops further out to sea. I think that there could be a sort of Bermuda triangle somewhere out there? there’s very creepy and weird things, mysterious things originate there and if you go out there, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll come back.

i definitely agree that Lightning would probably have monsoons sometimes, and i think also sandstorms?? imagine sand and wind howling over the expanse and obscuring the sparks and the fixtures,, and sometimes the sandstorms might travel up a bit into the Sunbeam Ruins, eventually slowly turning into flurries of soft golden glitter. when big fires start in the Ashfall Wastes the smoke might carry far out into other regions, depositing ash and maybe even catching wildfires in some places. Wind would probably cause a lot of hurricanes and wild weather over neighboring territories and especially the sea.
i don’t know, it’s all just super fascinating and there’s so many rich opportunities!!

@Zhukov
I have a very soft spot for Shadow as a flight and for its lore and it plays a role in my own as well, and I really love how you described it! I can totally see it that way, maybe there could be creeping shadows that grow and move outwards during some points of the year as well!
man i’m so into this, i would LOVE to see stuff like this further implemented into the canon, map and art and such

i think Arcane would have some really weird, mysterious and maybe sometimes scary sort of weather going on, in a similar fashion to Plague but just with space and warped magic! i can imagine winter snow collecting on some of the highest floating islands and maybe some sort of softly falling magical snow in the starwood strand that isn’t cold. during different storm seasons, there might be really heavy meteor showers, and maybe vortexes of energy flowing in bursts from far-off places in space. i would imagine that the movements of the stars and planets would affect the weather here way more than other regions, creating all sorts of strange phenomena, maybe gravity works differently at some times and makes the floating islands move faster or fall?

I imagine most of the starwood strand as being sort of really quiet and peaceful, the rain there might sparkle and bring out all sorts of elusive glittery plants and creatures, but it might give the sense of not being all what it seems; in some pockets of the wood things might be a bit more sinister and time/weather would be frozen in those areas. there could be portals hidden away in the wood that operate of their own accord, opening/closing and appearing/disappearing at different times of the year or during special weather events.

in my lore the western sea is also of interest, there are references to some pretty creepy eldritch things going on off on the sea; there’s something out there but nobody’s sure yet what exactly it is. really weird magical storms come in from out there from time to time, flooding the magical coves, sending floating islands spiraling and disturbing the vibration of the atmosphere, affecting the astronomers’ view. i think of some coral reefs just off the shore that look a lot like the starwood trees, and one of my dragons who works as a fisher down there once encountered a cyclops further out to sea. I think that there could be a sort of Bermuda triangle somewhere out there? there’s very creepy and weird things, mysterious things originate there and if you go out there, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll come back.

i definitely agree that Lightning would probably have monsoons sometimes, and i think also sandstorms?? imagine sand and wind howling over the expanse and obscuring the sparks and the fixtures,, and sometimes the sandstorms might travel up a bit into the Sunbeam Ruins, eventually slowly turning into flurries of soft golden glitter. when big fires start in the Ashfall Wastes the smoke might carry far out into other regions, depositing ash and maybe even catching wildfires in some places. Wind would probably cause a lot of hurricanes and wild weather over neighboring territories and especially the sea.
i don’t know, it’s all just super fascinating and there’s so many rich opportunities!!

@Zhukov
I have a very soft spot for Shadow as a flight and for its lore and it plays a role in my own as well, and I really love how you described it! I can totally see it that way, maybe there could be creeping shadows that grow and move outwards during some points of the year as well!
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
I headcannon that seasons are reversed in ice flight (so if it's winter in nature right now it's summer in ice).

I also headcannon that the tundra part of ice actually gets clear of snow for like three months in summer.

Arcane has a more Mediterranean climate.

Nature is largely tropical.

The most seasonal flights are light and wind but reversed between North and South hemispheres.

Fire is on fire but sometimes there is more fire than other times.

Electric is a desert/Savannah like earth but electric gets more cold.

Shadow territory also gets surprisingly chilly in winter.

I guess those are my headcanons...
I headcannon that seasons are reversed in ice flight (so if it's winter in nature right now it's summer in ice).

I also headcannon that the tundra part of ice actually gets clear of snow for like three months in summer.

Arcane has a more Mediterranean climate.

Nature is largely tropical.

The most seasonal flights are light and wind but reversed between North and South hemispheres.

Fire is on fire but sometimes there is more fire than other times.

Electric is a desert/Savannah like earth but electric gets more cold.

Shadow territory also gets surprisingly chilly in winter.

I guess those are my headcanons...
[quote name="@stormspecter" date="2019-12-06 16:51:13" ] i think Arcane would have some really weird, mysterious and maybe sometimes scary sort of weather going on, in a similar fashion to Plague but just with space and warped magic! i can imagine winter snow collecting on some of the highest floating islands and maybe some sort of softly falling magical snow in the starwood strand that isn’t cold. during different storm seasons, there might be really heavy meteor showers, and maybe vortexes of energy flowing in bursts from far-off places in space. i would imagine that the movements of the stars and planets would affect the weather here way more than other regions, creating all sorts of strange phenomena, maybe gravity works differently at some times and makes the floating islands move faster or fall? [/quote] The Focal Point (which is the green island in the center or Arcane has constant non-stop meteor showers, so it isn't a seasonal thing. https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/9 There's an item that points out that the pink mountains are radioactive. If we have magical non-cold snow, maybe it's from the water area but comes out of the water and floats upward into space because that's Arcane.
@stormspecter wrote on 2019-12-06 16:51:13:

The Focal Point (which is the green island in the center or Arcane has constant non-stop meteor showers, so it isn't a seasonal thing.
https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/9

There's an item that points out that the pink mountains are radioactive.

If we have magical non-cold snow, maybe it's from the water area but comes out of the water and floats upward into space because that's Arcane.
qDavPTk.png
I did some sort of geographical analysis a few months back, including climate, I personally like those headcanons and treat them as canon fhjkjsh

I firmly believe that Lightning doesn't go through seasons like places in the temperate zones since Lightning occurs to be at the equator and has a desert climate. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rain season. So, basically, hot at all times and mostly dry but with seasonal rains.
I did some sort of geographical analysis a few months back, including climate, I personally like those headcanons and treat them as canon fhjkjsh

I firmly believe that Lightning doesn't go through seasons like places in the temperate zones since Lightning occurs to be at the equator and has a desert climate. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rain season. So, basically, hot at all times and mostly dry but with seasonal rains.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Briton" date="2019-12-06 18:32:07" ] The Focal Point (which is the green island in the center or Arcane has constant non-stop meteor showers, so it isn't a seasonal thing. https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/9[/quote] yea, I know meteor showers are nonstop here! I meant that it would be pretty cool if there were seasons in which showers would hit harder in other areas of the region or maybe have special properties c:
Briton wrote on 2019-12-06 18:32:07:
The Focal Point (which is the green island in the center or Arcane has constant non-stop meteor showers, so it isn't a seasonal thing.
https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/9

yea, I know meteor showers are nonstop here! I meant that it would be pretty cool if there were seasons in which showers would hit harder in other areas of the region or maybe have special properties c:
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
Seasons are shown here in nature. You can tell exactly which season it is. Flowering trees and buds in spring, verdant leaves in summer, warm colors and fruit harvests in fall and barren trees and evergreens in winter.
Seasons are shown here in nature. You can tell exactly which season it is. Flowering trees and buds in spring, verdant leaves in summer, warm colors and fruit harvests in fall and barren trees and evergreens in winter.
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-12-06 19:56:09" ] I did some sort of geographical analysis a few months back, including climate, I personally like those headcanons and treat them as canon fhjkjsh I firmly believe that Lightning doesn't go through seasons like places in the temperate zones since Lightning occurs to be at the equator and has a desert climate. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rain season. So, basically, hot at all times and mostly dry but with seasonal rains. [/quote] Interesting!
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-12-06 19:56:09:

Interesting!

f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
maybe Plague is warm but also really humid? so it always feels clammy? I don't know a lot about how this stuff works but they do share a border with Water and there's also an ocean on the Arcane side of the border, too, so maybe that would make it humid? Maybe it would make the weird gross ground all squishy too, and it would probably smell pretty bad because stuff decays faster in humid places I think?
maybe Plague is warm but also really humid? so it always feels clammy? I don't know a lot about how this stuff works but they do share a border with Water and there's also an ocean on the Arcane side of the border, too, so maybe that would make it humid? Maybe it would make the weird gross ground all squishy too, and it would probably smell pretty bad because stuff decays faster in humid places I think?
intersex.png
1 2 3