Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | seasons in different flights?
1 2 3
what do you think each season and the weather is like in every flight?
For Earth, I think there's not a lot of weather variation regardless of the season-- very little rain, only snows once every two years, very hot during the day and cool at night.
what do you think each season and the weather is like in every flight?
For Earth, I think there's not a lot of weather variation regardless of the season-- very little rain, only snows once every two years, very hot during the day and cool at night.
intersex.png
What are these seasons that you speak of?
Everything is year-round pink here in Arcane.
What are these seasons that you speak of?
Everything is year-round pink here in Arcane.
qDavPTk.png
Lightning definitely has a monsoon, but beyond that i'm not sure.
Lightning definitely has a monsoon, but beyond that i'm not sure.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
there are only 2 seasons (in ice), winter and not winter. it is usually winter edit: ‘not winter’ lasts about an hour and the temperature may or may not rise above freezing.
there are only 2 seasons (in ice), winter and not winter. it is usually winter edit: ‘not winter’ lasts about an hour and the temperature may or may not rise above freezing.
unknown.png
@SkyBlaze I thought your two seasons would be "Winter" and "Winter is Coming."
@SkyBlaze I thought your two seasons would be "Winter" and "Winter is Coming."
qDavPTk.png
No, the Ice seasons are Winter and Second Winter
No, the Ice seasons are Winter and Second Winter
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
Id think wind and Nature would have the most varied seasons. Nature would obviously have some trees with autumnal cycles, but probably not all, and wind would likely have the grasses change, and possible heavy winter storms with the twisting crescendo
Id think wind and Nature would have the most varied seasons. Nature would obviously have some trees with autumnal cycles, but probably not all, and wind would likely have the grasses change, and possible heavy winter storms with the twisting crescendo
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Ooh, this sounds interesting!

Shadow is pretty far north so I can imagine us having a kind of polar night, or at least a very short day, which is thematically appropriate for the flight. Since Shadow appears to be a pine forest I imagine it will look like Siberia or northern Canada during winter. Long nights, lots of snow. The river freezes over. Dragons gather furs and plant matter to insulate their dens.

Once spring arrives, it begins to rain. The rivers flood and the Driftwood Drag becomes swampy. It is the perfect environment for spawning insects and the growth of our ubiquitous fungi. All sorts of strange plants begin to bloom and are collected by herbalists from all over Sornieth for their unusual properties.

Summer is a warm and humid season. There are many insects, but luckily the large population of Nocturnes (and bats) can take care of them. Despite the longer days, it is still very dark due to the thick pine forests and brambles.

The arrival of fall does not being much change except for the dropping temperature. No colourful deciduous leaves here! Some creatures, such as insectivorous bats and birds, as well as large herbivores, may begin to migrate, making this the perfect time for dragons to hunt to secure food supplies for the winter, if they do not wish to travel or buy food from elsewhere.
Ooh, this sounds interesting!

Shadow is pretty far north so I can imagine us having a kind of polar night, or at least a very short day, which is thematically appropriate for the flight. Since Shadow appears to be a pine forest I imagine it will look like Siberia or northern Canada during winter. Long nights, lots of snow. The river freezes over. Dragons gather furs and plant matter to insulate their dens.

Once spring arrives, it begins to rain. The rivers flood and the Driftwood Drag becomes swampy. It is the perfect environment for spawning insects and the growth of our ubiquitous fungi. All sorts of strange plants begin to bloom and are collected by herbalists from all over Sornieth for their unusual properties.

Summer is a warm and humid season. There are many insects, but luckily the large population of Nocturnes (and bats) can take care of them. Despite the longer days, it is still very dark due to the thick pine forests and brambles.

The arrival of fall does not being much change except for the dropping temperature. No colourful deciduous leaves here! Some creatures, such as insectivorous bats and birds, as well as large herbivores, may begin to migrate, making this the perfect time for dragons to hunt to secure food supplies for the winter, if they do not wish to travel or buy food from elsewhere.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Ice (closer to the south at least) has 2 seasons, each lasting half the year: night time and day time. 50% of the year, daylight, other 50% is night time.

For weather, we got cold as hecc season, and cold as hecc + storming all the time season
Ice (closer to the south at least) has 2 seasons, each lasting half the year: night time and day time. 50% of the year, daylight, other 50% is night time.

For weather, we got cold as hecc season, and cold as hecc + storming all the time season
If I'm OP, I'm SUBBED! Sig_Banner.png sig_by_farsidejr-dckwam8.png
I think that while Water does have seasons, they're not nearly as intense as other flight territories. Since water has a higher heat capacity than land, therefore taking longer to gain and lose heat. This is why coastal cities such as Vancouver have cooler summers and warmer winters.

In the Sea of a Thousand Currents, summers tend to be warm but pleasant, but with a risk of hurricanes. Winters tend to be cool, with the sky being mostly overcast with frequent rain. Snow is uncommon but not impossible. As with all territories, the climate becomes warmer the further north you go.
I think that while Water does have seasons, they're not nearly as intense as other flight territories. Since water has a higher heat capacity than land, therefore taking longer to gain and lose heat. This is why coastal cities such as Vancouver have cooler summers and warmer winters.

In the Sea of a Thousand Currents, summers tend to be warm but pleasant, but with a risk of hurricanes. Winters tend to be cool, with the sky being mostly overcast with frequent rain. Snow is uncommon but not impossible. As with all territories, the climate becomes warmer the further north you go.
giphy.gif
1 2 3