Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you organize your lair?
1 2 3 4
Our first sponsor today is my total inability to be organized. Our second sponsor is my total inability to parse large amounts of disorganized information, of the sort which being a disorganized person invariably generates.

So, I love breeding my dragons. But I can never decide which of them to bring out of the hibernal den to breed. I'll start going through them all and my brain will just shut down. I could just yank most of them back into my lair, but that necessitates A) feeding them all B) shelling out millions of treasure for lair space whenever I want to buy a new dragon.

As such, I'm interested to hear how YOU decide who goes where in your lair. How are your tabs organized? How do you decide whether to keep a dragon in your main lair or your hibernal den? I'd love to hear everyone's systems.
Our first sponsor today is my total inability to be organized. Our second sponsor is my total inability to parse large amounts of disorganized information, of the sort which being a disorganized person invariably generates.

So, I love breeding my dragons. But I can never decide which of them to bring out of the hibernal den to breed. I'll start going through them all and my brain will just shut down. I could just yank most of them back into my lair, but that necessitates A) feeding them all B) shelling out millions of treasure for lair space whenever I want to buy a new dragon.

As such, I'm interested to hear how YOU decide who goes where in your lair. How are your tabs organized? How do you decide whether to keep a dragon in your main lair or your hibernal den? I'd love to hear everyone's systems.
By night all banners look black.

IIQudw5.png
@Balerion
I get really bored with my patterns of organization super easy, so I ended up arranging them by alphabetical order! this makes sure that my lair isn't all easy on the eyes and i have to shuffle around a bit whenever i buy a new dragon, which is cool! it seems to work so far too because i haven't gotten fed up yet, haha.

my tabs are for like...lore-ish reasons? I have my main tab for the general populace, a tab for my fighters, one for dragons i've decided live in an observatory, don't ask why, i don't know, one for gaolers, one for uhh...i don't know, a particular group of dragons i'm working on lore for that are all connected? they've got a spooky theme, and the last one is for visitors.

in my hibden is my flight reps with all the apparel and the deity colors, and one tab for ...i guess dragons that i like, don't wanna get rid of, but don't really wanna look at. I don't know why! You could say they're in storage because of the easy way to get extra hibden slots, i suppose.
I guess mine's a bit chaotic, but this is the kind of chaos that keeps me sane besides rows and rows of perfectly organized lairs :,)
(I used to do that, but, you know. Ack.)
I gave all my tabs interesting names too, instead of stating their purpose like an organized person (^0^);;
also, re dragon shuffling again- i also make sure there's an equal number of dragons on each page in the main tab, because otherwise it bothers me :,)
(i also really don't like the thingy for lair tab descriptions, although i like the concept, because it's too big, so i only used it on one tab)
@Balerion
I get really bored with my patterns of organization super easy, so I ended up arranging them by alphabetical order! this makes sure that my lair isn't all easy on the eyes and i have to shuffle around a bit whenever i buy a new dragon, which is cool! it seems to work so far too because i haven't gotten fed up yet, haha.

my tabs are for like...lore-ish reasons? I have my main tab for the general populace, a tab for my fighters, one for dragons i've decided live in an observatory, don't ask why, i don't know, one for gaolers, one for uhh...i don't know, a particular group of dragons i'm working on lore for that are all connected? they've got a spooky theme, and the last one is for visitors.

in my hibden is my flight reps with all the apparel and the deity colors, and one tab for ...i guess dragons that i like, don't wanna get rid of, but don't really wanna look at. I don't know why! You could say they're in storage because of the easy way to get extra hibden slots, i suppose.
I guess mine's a bit chaotic, but this is the kind of chaos that keeps me sane besides rows and rows of perfectly organized lairs :,)
(I used to do that, but, you know. Ack.)
I gave all my tabs interesting names too, instead of stating their purpose like an organized person (^0^);;
also, re dragon shuffling again- i also make sure there's an equal number of dragons on each page in the main tab, because otherwise it bothers me :,)
(i also really don't like the thingy for lair tab descriptions, although i like the concept, because it's too big, so i only used it on one tab)
1J6EBoZ.pngshe/her fr +3
mmm crunchy
no
no
QG0jN61.png
JtGOgID.gif

previously Zlhzlh
My tabs mostly relate to rooms or locations in the lair, somewhat sorted by breed. One tab is Project Honeywhite, my breeding project that is almost finished.

There's the front room where most of the gang still is, the chamber of the ruling family line, the roosting ledge that has most of the Skydancers, the burnt trees where the Spiral family lives, the barebones cave where the Gaolers have an outpost, the alchemist's lab and chambers, and the sap monstrosity the Faes have made that arcs between Front Room's cave, and the Spirals' tree. 100 slots, eight tabs.

My HibDen contains dragons that I'm not doing anything with for a stretch. Almost all the Gen 1s I gathered for future Ancients, and the fodder that's aging up for NotN right now.
My tabs mostly relate to rooms or locations in the lair, somewhat sorted by breed. One tab is Project Honeywhite, my breeding project that is almost finished.

There's the front room where most of the gang still is, the chamber of the ruling family line, the roosting ledge that has most of the Skydancers, the burnt trees where the Spiral family lives, the barebones cave where the Gaolers have an outpost, the alchemist's lab and chambers, and the sap monstrosity the Faes have made that arcs between Front Room's cave, and the Spirals' tree. 100 slots, eight tabs.

My HibDen contains dragons that I'm not doing anything with for a stretch. Almost all the Gen 1s I gathered for future Ancients, and the fodder that's aging up for NotN right now.
Follow a noob's first completed project, Project Honeywhite here!
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed.
PlIyC.gif Egg? Please?
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
I’m not the most organized person ever lol

My lair is literally just divided between my mains, fandragons and fodder.
The hib den holds all the old dragons I can bare to sell or exalt because I’m attached (but are quite ugly and I have like no motivation in me to scatter or gene to look better) and my future projects!

My end goal though, is to have enough slots to transfer all of my main dragons into the hib den (except coli battlers) to have ALL the space for fodder ;o;
I’m not the most organized person ever lol

My lair is literally just divided between my mains, fandragons and fodder.
The hib den holds all the old dragons I can bare to sell or exalt because I’m attached (but are quite ugly and I have like no motivation in me to scatter or gene to look better) and my future projects!

My end goal though, is to have enough slots to transfer all of my main dragons into the hib den (except coli battlers) to have ALL the space for fodder ;o;
GSAp1Sy.png
Mine is pretty simple.

1st Page of Main = Paired dragons
2nd page of Main = Unpaired dragons

G1 Heckius = Contains G1s

Nursery = BABIES
---
The HD has two tabs, but currently I use only one where I could put dragons what I don't know if I want to keep or not.
Mine is pretty simple.

1st Page of Main = Paired dragons
2nd page of Main = Unpaired dragons

G1 Heckius = Contains G1s

Nursery = BABIES
---
The HD has two tabs, but currently I use only one where I could put dragons what I don't know if I want to keep or not.
Aloe-Vera-Sig.png Fellow Herb Rising Member

Dragon-beetle Collector
She/Her Pronouns
Mother of Virusonas!
f0Lxv8V.png
All my permadragons are in my HD, save for the two that need to stay out because they're for the hatchery in my sig and my four Coli fighters (one fodder raiser, three farmers).

In my lair, it goes Fodder, Breeding Projects, Coli.
In my den, it goes Database (where all my things like wishlists and badge collections go), Completed, Smashing (completed ones that aren't my clan), Unfinished, and Forbidden (which is technically where a single fourth-wall breaking monster goes, but is currently filled with fodder).

My completed dragons are organized alphabetically.
All my permadragons are in my HD, save for the two that need to stay out because they're for the hatchery in my sig and my four Coli fighters (one fodder raiser, three farmers).

In my lair, it goes Fodder, Breeding Projects, Coli.
In my den, it goes Database (where all my things like wishlists and badge collections go), Completed, Smashing (completed ones that aren't my clan), Unfinished, and Forbidden (which is technically where a single fourth-wall breaking monster goes, but is currently filled with fodder).

My completed dragons are organized alphabetically.
left_feather.pngpixeldopts.pngwishlist.pnghatchery.pngrightfeather.png
@Balerion

I sort my lair by how dragons fit into clan lore, then by biological sex (the only exception being Stratus, Henry, and a handful of clockwork dragons, who have special pages in the "stratus's workshop" tab, the dragons in the "Special" tab. Those are my provides and first set of quints, and then the last exception if my flight reps. Originally they were sorted by flight, but other users said it was problematic, so they're all on one page now.
@Balerion

I sort my lair by how dragons fit into clan lore, then by biological sex (the only exception being Stratus, Henry, and a handful of clockwork dragons, who have special pages in the "stratus's workshop" tab, the dragons in the "Special" tab. Those are my provides and first set of quints, and then the last exception if my flight reps. Originally they were sorted by flight, but other users said it was problematic, so they're all on one page now.
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
Hmm mines kinda just what I think looks nice? A wee bit symetrical either by the eyes or the colors or the breed lol. If you look at the rows you can kinda see what I mean. Contagion is also first because she is in lore the clan leader. Also semi trickles through my favorites near the top. Idk to me it's organized though probably doesn't seem like it upon glancing at it. XD

My progens are the only ones in my den. Don't fit anywhere else.

My small tab I might chuck in there too. It's G1 babies and G2 Imps. Only 5 of them, kinda a weird tiny tab compared to the main one.

Other tab is my for sale and self explanatory lol.
Hmm mines kinda just what I think looks nice? A wee bit symetrical either by the eyes or the colors or the breed lol. If you look at the rows you can kinda see what I mean. Contagion is also first because she is in lore the clan leader. Also semi trickles through my favorites near the top. Idk to me it's organized though probably doesn't seem like it upon glancing at it. XD

My progens are the only ones in my den. Don't fit anywhere else.

My small tab I might chuck in there too. It's G1 babies and G2 Imps. Only 5 of them, kinda a weird tiny tab compared to the main one.

Other tab is my for sale and self explanatory lol.
VrK1csx.png
My main lore lair is all together on one page, in rainbow order. Page two is my two permababies. Next tab is almost-finished projects, then a tab for my active breeding pairs, then a tab for fodder.

In the Den, my first tab is for my flight rep cycle. Next tab is unfinished projects and offseason breeding pairs, then a tab for fandragons, then a tab for fodder.
My main lore lair is all together on one page, in rainbow order. Page two is my two permababies. Next tab is almost-finished projects, then a tab for my active breeding pairs, then a tab for fodder.

In the Den, my first tab is for my flight rep cycle. Next tab is unfinished projects and offseason breeding pairs, then a tab for fandragons, then a tab for fodder.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge «
1 2 3 4