Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | when did Venues get renamed to Stages?
1 2
Coliseum used to have Venues, not Stages, right? I just noticed the Stage wording in the new database and now I'm wondering when and why the name changed - does anyone know? Or are Venues and Stages different things?
Coliseum used to have Venues, not Stages, right? I just noticed the Stage wording in the new database and now I'm wondering when and why the name changed - does anyone know? Or are Venues and Stages different things?
When you're about to pick a venue off the screen, it says "Select a stage". I don't know if it always said that, but if so, maybe it's to have the same wording across the site? I don't think there's any reasoning behind it beyond thinking "stage" fits better than "venue".
When you're about to pick a venue off the screen, it says "Select a stage". I don't know if it always said that, but if so, maybe it's to have the same wording across the site? I don't think there's any reasoning behind it beyond thinking "stage" fits better than "venue".
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@nika The staff seem to use them synonymously, or I can't see their precise difference in usage. [quote=Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna]New Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna Today marks the launch of our newest Coliseum [b]stage[/b], the Thunderhead Savanna. This level 14 [b]venue[/b] is perfect for dragons transitioning from Bamboo Falls to Redrock Cove.[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2564283#post_2564283]Link to quoted announcement[/url]
@nika

The staff seem to use them synonymously, or I can't see their precise difference in usage.
Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna wrote:
New Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna

Today marks the launch of our newest Coliseum stage, the Thunderhead Savanna. This level 14 venue is perfect for dragons transitioning from Bamboo Falls to Redrock Cove.
Link to quoted announcement
@LaskaEira I'm like 95% sure that used to say venue. I mean, we all got that word from somewhere, right??

Venue seemed like a good enough word, I just find unexplained changes confusing.

@Dagomor Huh, thanks! That's even weirder, honestly...
@LaskaEira I'm like 95% sure that used to say venue. I mean, we all got that word from somewhere, right??

Venue seemed like a good enough word, I just find unexplained changes confusing.

@Dagomor Huh, thanks! That's even weirder, honestly...
Within the Encyclopedia, they are labeled as Venues. So it seems Dagomor is correct in that they use it interchangeably.
Within the Encyclopedia, they are labeled as Venues. So it seems Dagomor is correct in that they use it interchangeably.
uCR5SCW.png
Seems like it! Although they did say the Encyclopedia Coli section is outdated.
Seems like it! Although they did say the Encyclopedia Coli section is outdated.
I rather hope they don't completely replace them from "venue" to "stage". I think venue sounds nicer

It's not like I'll drop dead if they change it, but there's nothing wrong with calling them venues
I rather hope they don't completely replace them from "venue" to "stage". I think venue sounds nicer

It's not like I'll drop dead if they change it, but there's nothing wrong with calling them venues
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Venue makes more sense to me. Stage kind of implies that you would do them in order and “complete” them, when really you just go all over the place like going to different venues. But they aren’t level based, and there’s nothing wrong with them being stages.
Venue makes more sense to me. Stage kind of implies that you would do them in order and “complete” them, when really you just go all over the place like going to different venues. But they aren’t level based, and there’s nothing wrong with them being stages.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[b]Stage[/b] is the official term; as someone stated above, that's what is used in the Coliseum itself. But we sometimes colloquially use "venue", which is sort of an older term that we slip into using. [emoji=spiral happy size=1]
Stage is the official term; as someone stated above, that's what is used in the Coliseum itself. But we sometimes colloquially use "venue", which is sort of an older term that we slip into using.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Aha, thanks for explaining! I do like venue better, but ah well.
Aha, thanks for explaining! I do like venue better, but ah well.
1 2