Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you conjugate Sornieth?
1 2
As a country/continent?

Like Icelandic, American, French, Swedish, Peruvian...
Would it be Sorniethian? Sorniethish? Or does it not conjugate at all?
Like Earth, is Sornieth the planet or a continent in this dragon world?

Let's say there are other continents and Sornieth is just one of them on whichever planet our dragons reside, how would other creatures refer to creatures in Sornieth. Just with a "Dragons of Sornieth"? It sounds so extremely formal but I can't think of a conjugation that sounds good either.
Or is there an official one in the lore that I've just missed, please let me know if that's the case. Would not surprise me one bit if that was the case.

Totally need this information for lore purposes B)
As a country/continent?

Like Icelandic, American, French, Swedish, Peruvian...
Would it be Sorniethian? Sorniethish? Or does it not conjugate at all?
Like Earth, is Sornieth the planet or a continent in this dragon world?

Let's say there are other continents and Sornieth is just one of them on whichever planet our dragons reside, how would other creatures refer to creatures in Sornieth. Just with a "Dragons of Sornieth"? It sounds so extremely formal but I can't think of a conjugation that sounds good either.
Or is there an official one in the lore that I've just missed, please let me know if that's the case. Would not surprise me one bit if that was the case.

Totally need this information for lore purposes B)
If you have a chartreuse/cottoncandy xxy to sell, dm me!

Check out my Deviantart if you'd like :3
sorniethi
sorniethi
Scorchpaw Prowler
I usually avoid conjugating it because all the options are too unwieldy :')

Given that the only other option I know of for a place ending in -th is -ling, though, I'd have to vote for Sorniethling as a possible option.
I usually avoid conjugating it because all the options are too unwieldy :')

Given that the only other option I know of for a place ending in -th is -ling, though, I'd have to vote for Sorniethling as a possible option.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
[quote name="lynxedlight" date="2019-12-02 16:15:32" ] sorniethi [/quote] This is my favorite! "Sornian" could also work. Sounds draconic.
lynxedlight wrote on 2019-12-02 16:15:32:
sorniethi

This is my favorite!

"Sornian" could also work. Sounds draconic.
fKocHbO.png they/ze | FRT+3
Sornien has been the most common thing I've seen.
Sornien has been the most common thing I've seen.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
it’s called.. sornieth for a reason..
probably speak whatever language the dragon speaks. Faes don’t speak much, Coatlshave their own.
it’s called.. sornieth for a reason..
probably speak whatever language the dragon speaks. Faes don’t speak much, Coatlshave their own.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
Sorniethetheth...eth
Sorniethetheth...eth
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
sornietho sorneithamos
sorneithas sorneitháis
sorneitha sorneithan
sornietho sorneithamos
sorneithas sorneitháis
sorneitha sorneithan

bannerart_2021.png
I always viewed Sornieth as being the name of the planet, and so have never given a name for the denizens of it because I never had to differentiate them from beings from another planet... The Flights are like countries in my mind.
I always viewed Sornieth as being the name of the planet, and so have never given a name for the denizens of it because I never had to differentiate them from beings from another planet... The Flights are like countries in my mind.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
The closest I could find in the lorebooks was "The elemental dragonflights of Sornieth", but I am a fan of Sornien or Sornithian (imo it flows better without the e)
The closest I could find in the lorebooks was "The elemental dragonflights of Sornieth", but I am a fan of Sornien or Sornithian (imo it flows better without the e)
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
1 2