Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New year, new breed? (Or map?)
1 2
EDIT: So few days after making this post, staffers gave us this holy grail of an update.

Is it an ancient, is it a map? Who knows for sure? I'm guessing an earth ancient breed.

Old post: Please don’t hate on me for bringing up something so controversial but I’d just like to discuss it as it’s been on my mind for a loooong time.
Do you think we will see a new breed for New Years or right after? I am skeptical about it because gaolers JUST came out but I would love it if it actually happened.

On another note, what about the new map? Am I forgetting if a date was already specified for its release? Or was that me just picking up on rumours?
EDIT: So few days after making this post, staffers gave us this holy grail of an update.

Is it an ancient, is it a map? Who knows for sure? I'm guessing an earth ancient breed.

Old post: Please don’t hate on me for bringing up something so controversial but I’d just like to discuss it as it’s been on my mind for a loooong time.
Do you think we will see a new breed for New Years or right after? I am skeptical about it because gaolers JUST came out but I would love it if it actually happened.

On another note, what about the new map? Am I forgetting if a date was already specified for its release? Or was that me just picking up on rumours?
bee.png
Hatchery
Subspecies
Tumblr
B18_L2.pngBPIeZi9.pnglo1vcye.pnguKq0U45.png5APpswG.pngOiWiCpo.pngB18_R2.png
ASbXVY4.png
a lot of people are speculating there'll be an ancient breed released during notn, but obviously we'll never know until the day actually comes :P it's highly unlikely, anyways, considering gaolers released in june

but i do believe the map update will come out next year! it's been in the works for like, what, almost 2 years? it was announced in july of 2018, so it should be coming pretty soon
i'm not too sure when next year, but around the time the anniversary rolls around seems the most appropriate

but of course, with every update, we'll never know when it comes out until the day it actually comes out, so.... [shrug]
a lot of people are speculating there'll be an ancient breed released during notn, but obviously we'll never know until the day actually comes :P it's highly unlikely, anyways, considering gaolers released in june

but i do believe the map update will come out next year! it's been in the works for like, what, almost 2 years? it was announced in july of 2018, so it should be coming pretty soon
i'm not too sure when next year, but around the time the anniversary rolls around seems the most appropriate

but of course, with every update, we'll never know when it comes out until the day it actually comes out, so.... [shrug]
@parasites true, true! I’m just so excited (again). I got greedy for ancients after the gaoler release, especially because they said ‘no clothes for quicker releases with less complexity’ (well not in those exact words but that’s what I got from it).

AND thanks for telling me about the map. Holy wow, I had no idea they’ve been working on it for 2 YEARS! (Although I’ve been here for that timeframe)
I hope it’s worth the wait :o maybe we can explore stuff? Who knows!
@parasites true, true! I’m just so excited (again). I got greedy for ancients after the gaoler release, especially because they said ‘no clothes for quicker releases with less complexity’ (well not in those exact words but that’s what I got from it).

AND thanks for telling me about the map. Holy wow, I had no idea they’ve been working on it for 2 YEARS! (Although I’ve been here for that timeframe)
I hope it’s worth the wait :o maybe we can explore stuff? Who knows!
bee.png
Hatchery
Subspecies
Tumblr
ASbXVY4.png
I honestly wouldn't be surprised that the next Ancient would not be until the next Anniversary. One a year is still far less than it takes to make a Modern breed.

I'll hope for the map update and other major changes after the new year, if only to make the holiday season less hectic than it already is for the Staff.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised that the next Ancient would not be until the next Anniversary. One a year is still far less than it takes to make a Modern breed.

I'll hope for the map update and other major changes after the new year, if only to make the holiday season less hectic than it already is for the Staff.
4QFtgPW.png
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
bee.png
Hatchery
Subspecies
Tumblr
ASbXVY4.png
You know what bugs me about the current map? It makes no sense climate-wise. It’s just a random hodge-lodge of climates splattered all over the place and biomes don’t work like that, darn it!

Anyway I too am looking forwards to the new map
You know what bugs me about the current map? It makes no sense climate-wise. It’s just a random hodge-lodge of climates splattered all over the place and biomes don’t work like that, darn it!

mkpoaHZ.png
[quote name="Stormdance" date="2019-12-01 14:11:59" ] You know what bugs me about the current map? It makes no sense climate-wise. It’s just a random hodge-lodge of climates splattered all over the place and biomes don’t work like that, darn it! Anyway I too am looking forwards to the new map [/quote] It works like that if the local deity says it does, lmao I don't think they're going to be rearranging the geography wholesale, though, just adding more detail. Although it would be real nice if we could have a climatographer take a look at it and redraw it in a plausible way, haha.
Stormdance wrote on 2019-12-01 14:11:59:

It works like that if the local deity says it does, lmao

I don't think they're going to be rearranging the geography wholesale, though, just adding more detail. Although it would be real nice if we could have a climatographer take a look at it and redraw it in a plausible way, haha.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
map map map map map
map map map map map
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="Kavryn" date="2019-12-01 14:26:13" ] [quote name="Stormdance" date="2019-12-01 14:11:59" ] You know what bugs me about the current map? It makes no sense climate-wise. It’s just a random hodge-lodge of climates splattered all over the place and biomes don’t work like that, darn it! Anyway I too am looking forwards to the new map [/quote] It works like that if the local deity says it does, lmao I don't think they're going to be rearranging the geography wholesale, though, just adding more detail. Although it would be real nice if we could have a climatographer take a look at it and redraw it in a plausible way, haha. [/quote] Icewarden so far is the only sane one among them. No offense to plaguemum.
Kavryn wrote on 2019-12-01 14:26:13:
Stormdance wrote on 2019-12-01 14:11:59:

It works like that if the local deity says it does, lmao

I don't think they're going to be rearranging the geography wholesale, though, just adding more detail. Although it would be real nice if we could have a climatographer take a look at it and redraw it in a plausible way, haha.

Icewarden so far is the only sane one among them. No offense to plaguemum.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
Thought this thread would be worth bumping after the new update

@Stormdance I agree with you. I'd be totally down for biome systems!

@Glacecakes The update - does it look more like a screenshot of a part of the map >.> Most people assume it's a new ancient and I can't tell why. Like, I thought it was just the map.

This same thing happened before with gaolers. I made a random discussion post about new breeds and everyone was skeptical but then they released gaolers just a few days later. It's a gut feeling, my friends...a gut feeling. This time the gut is confused though. There's a feeling, for sure, and it's chaotic confusion.

Thought this thread would be worth bumping after the new update

@Stormdance I agree with you. I'd be totally down for biome systems!

@Glacecakes The update - does it look more like a screenshot of a part of the map >.> Most people assume it's a new ancient and I can't tell why. Like, I thought it was just the map.

This same thing happened before with gaolers. I made a random discussion post about new breeds and everyone was skeptical but then they released gaolers just a few days later. It's a gut feeling, my friends...a gut feeling. This time the gut is confused though. There's a feeling, for sure, and it's chaotic confusion.

bee.png
Hatchery
Subspecies
Tumblr
ASbXVY4.png
1 2