Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | make breeding less chaotic?
1 2 3
okay, so. imagine you have an xxx orca and an xxx sunshine. that's a WILD color range, right? but, what if- instead of it just being color to color, it was 5 around? so it would be 5 possible colors above and under orca plus orca itself being breed with 5 possible colors above and under sunshine with sunshine itself. so, like, instead of this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/517523538328944650/650488056222318602/aaaa.png[/img] the possible colors were this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/517523538328944650/650488077940424708/flightrising_new_color_wheel_by_isellahowler-da5s3iq.png[/img] [size=2]color wheel made by the lovely [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=117173]wolvenhyde![/url][/size] discuss. personally i wouldn't like this, i love the wild range- hh getting good genes but wild colors and seeing what pops out especially with genes like poison/lionfish is!!! it's so fun pfft
okay, so. imagine you have an xxx orca and an xxx sunshine. that's a WILD color range, right?
but, what if- instead of it just being color to color, it was 5 around? so it would be 5 possible colors above and under orca plus orca itself being breed with 5 possible colors above and under sunshine with sunshine itself.
so, like, instead of this:
aaaa.png

the possible colors were this:
flightrising_new_color_wheel_by_isellahowler-da5s3iq.png
color wheel made by the lovely wolvenhyde!

discuss.

personally i wouldn't like this, i love the wild range- hh getting good genes but wild colors and seeing what pops out especially with genes like poison/lionfish is!!! it's so fun pfft
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png ePOliyb.png
UkjerOF.png
o7ZCFYm.png
VDqpTLf.png
kSsCpBU.png
AaYNmEX.png
2Dp2REm.png
wbvK3HZ.png
oczO35g.png
JDcLBdb.png
0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png
I like the wide range! It makes it more exciting :)
I like the wide range! It makes it more exciting :)
+2 FR time
he/they
that would be awful and defeat the entire purpose of breeding. you breed dragons with colors way far apart from each other so you can get a wild range (some people enjoy that), you breed dragons close in range together so you can get that narrow range. messing with it would ruin the entire site lol.

actually terrible

sorry if I came on too strong *-* but this would absolutely kill dragons with vastly different primary/secondary/tertiaries and promote same-color range dragons exponentially
that would be awful and defeat the entire purpose of breeding. you breed dragons with colors way far apart from each other so you can get a wild range (some people enjoy that), you breed dragons close in range together so you can get that narrow range. messing with it would ruin the entire site lol.

actually terrible

sorry if I came on too strong *-* but this would absolutely kill dragons with vastly different primary/secondary/tertiaries and promote same-color range dragons exponentially
tumblr_inline_paebmwKT7v1r16a5d_540.pngtumblr_inline_ou7qgvXAMp1r2ao8y_540.pngrainbow-asexual-mottled-jeu-de-cartes1.pngeGiN2Xv.pngRQklQI3.pngyMUl7kv.pngmPSaYGP.png
^^ this
^^ this
tumblr_puqpj1KGx71ugssd3o3_500.png
i mean, i feel like anyone breeding things with a range that wide is kind of after the roll of the dice surprise so i don't really see the appeal, personally haha.

long live chaos
i mean, i feel like anyone breeding things with a range that wide is kind of after the roll of the dice surprise so i don't really see the appeal, personally haha.

long live chaos
a star sign out of whack.
Why even bother breeding wild card pairs then? Why even have a color wheel at all then tbh. Some of my favorite pairs are ridiculously big ranges on purpose.

also Orca-Sunshine goes the other way around, through the orange-brown-red-pink ranges
Why even bother breeding wild card pairs then? Why even have a color wheel at all then tbh. Some of my favorite pairs are ridiculously big ranges on purpose.

also Orca-Sunshine goes the other way around, through the orange-brown-red-pink ranges
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
@SquishiFishi

I wanted to point out that the first diagram has the wrong color range. The range takes the shortest path around the color circle, so it would include the pinks, oranges, browns, etc. (ninja'd, but leaving because it explains why)

I do think the idea of nearby colors for offspring is interesting, too late to implement, with a different breed type in the future? It would mean gradual progress, but also some backwards.

In a sense it could be harder, because now if you can get dragons with the correct range then the offspring with the current system is always the same or closer to a goal. However, it might be easier when breeding for a dragon that doesn't have a lot of parent options.
@SquishiFishi

I wanted to point out that the first diagram has the wrong color range. The range takes the shortest path around the color circle, so it would include the pinks, oranges, browns, etc. (ninja'd, but leaving because it explains why)

I do think the idea of nearby colors for offspring is interesting, too late to implement, with a different breed type in the future? It would mean gradual progress, but also some backwards.

In a sense it could be harder, because now if you can get dragons with the correct range then the offspring with the current system is always the same or closer to a goal. However, it might be easier when breeding for a dragon that doesn't have a lot of parent options.
While that would make much more sense as far as real genetics work, it would be completely useless on this site.

If different ranged dragons bred together only had the possible colors of the same range as their own colors and their partner's colors... Then it would be impossible to get dragons of every color, especially the colors added later.
While that would make much more sense as far as real genetics work, it would be completely useless on this site.

If different ranged dragons bred together only had the possible colors of the same range as their own colors and their partner's colors... Then it would be impossible to get dragons of every color, especially the colors added later.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
That sounds waaaaaaaaay more grindy and annoying, honestly. Chances are if you wanted something within a specific range you’d already find something within that range to breed together. You’d purposely only breed colors that far apart if;

A: you don’t care
B: you’re breeding fodder (so... basically A)
C: you’re like myself who enjoys gumball machine effects and enjoys the ‘randomness.’

If you’re breeding that wide a range to get to something specific, you’re gonna be constantly inching towards that goal. You might get an offspring 3 colors closer to what you want. But then you have to breed that one, may get 2 more colors. And another 2. And another. And another. Oh this pair went backwards. Another 3. And so on. That’s a LOT of pairs. A LOT of grinding. At least with a wide pair as it is now, you’ll probably end up in the middle somewhere.
That sounds waaaaaaaaay more grindy and annoying, honestly. Chances are if you wanted something within a specific range you’d already find something within that range to breed together. You’d purposely only breed colors that far apart if;

A: you don’t care
B: you’re breeding fodder (so... basically A)
C: you’re like myself who enjoys gumball machine effects and enjoys the ‘randomness.’

If you’re breeding that wide a range to get to something specific, you’re gonna be constantly inching towards that goal. You might get an offspring 3 colors closer to what you want. But then you have to breed that one, may get 2 more colors. And another 2. And another. And another. Oh this pair went backwards. Another 3. And so on. That’s a LOT of pairs. A LOT of grinding. At least with a wide pair as it is now, you’ll probably end up in the middle somewhere.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
My favorite breeding pairs are purposely as far apart as possible, so I hate this idea.
My favorite breeding pairs are purposely as far apart as possible, so I hate this idea.
1 2 3