Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593
I think all ads for "antivirus" software should be blocked on a principle. Even if the software they're supposedly advertising is legit, other sites I'm on have had problems with malware using the exact same ads as the legitimate ones, if that makes sense.

I think it would be nice to have the option of donating a small amount to turn off ads for the month. I feel bad using this site with the adds turned off (they're on at the moment, BTW), but a big part of how I keep my computer safe involves adblock and similar addons for firefox.
I think all ads for "antivirus" software should be blocked on a principle. Even if the software they're supposedly advertising is legit, other sites I'm on have had problems with malware using the exact same ads as the legitimate ones, if that makes sense.

I think it would be nice to have the option of donating a small amount to turn off ads for the month. I feel bad using this site with the adds turned off (they're on at the moment, BTW), but a big part of how I keep my computer safe involves adblock and similar addons for firefox.
Dunno if this one is an issue either but the FilipinoCupid.com ad shows a bunch of females with bored sultry pouts in bikinis. The central of which has a plunging neck line that looks like she'd fall out if she actually tried to go swimming in it. :)
Dunno if this one is an issue either but the FilipinoCupid.com ad shows a bunch of females with bored sultry pouts in bikinis. The central of which has a plunging neck line that looks like she'd fall out if she actually tried to go swimming in it. :)
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
[quote name="Salmastryon" date="2013-07-02 09:56:43" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=27823#253207"]I'm not sure if this is one you care about or not, but one of the showtime ads is for Dexter. It shows a male face with plastic pushed over his face. Dexter is a TV show where a serial murder is the main character and protagonist. It isn't something my friend would want her daughter watching, but I want sure if that was something you would think I was over reacting on.[/quote] I just got this ad in a similar manner as I previously reported a camera ad, an ad hijacking the browser and taking me to another page to display the ad, then a similar "Return to site" link (but I didn't click the link). Just like before, I ran both virus and malware/spyware scans (different programs just in case one misses something) and am coming up with no problems, so I'm almost certain it is something with the ads. This is the only site I've had this problem on in recent months (had a similar problem on another site on my previous PC about a year ago, but not 100% the same).
I'm not sure if this is one you care about or not, but one of the showtime ads is for Dexter. It shows a male face with plastic pushed over his face. Dexter is a TV show where a serial murder is the main character and protagonist. It isn't something my friend would want her daughter watching, but I want sure if that was something you would think I was over reacting on.

I just got this ad in a similar manner as I previously reported a camera ad, an ad hijacking the browser and taking me to another page to display the ad, then a similar "Return to site" link (but I didn't click the link).

Just like before, I ran both virus and malware/spyware scans (different programs just in case one misses something) and am coming up with no problems, so I'm almost certain it is something with the ads. This is the only site I've had this problem on in recent months (had a similar problem on another site on my previous PC about a year ago, but not 100% the same).
"Back in my day, we had to hope a mystical bird beast would incubate our nests because our nesting grounds took so long to render. You youngins and your incubate buttons..." - Akiri
@Dragoness - D: I'm really glad I haven't come across that one. I was expecting blood/gore but that's just creepy instead. I feel pretty bad for that guy. I agree; either block or get a different WWP ad somehow.

I came across a very inappropriate ad a few days ago but sadly I don&#039;t know what website it was for. It was a picture of a naked man bent over and a women in underwear sitting on him. Nasty... >_< If I see it again I&#039;ll find the website its for so it can hopefully be blocked.
@Dragoness - D: I&#039;m really glad I haven&#039;t come across that one. I was expecting blood/gore but that&#039;s just creepy instead. I feel pretty bad for that guy. I agree; either block or get a different WWP ad somehow.

I came across a very inappropriate ad a few days ago but sadly I don&#039;t know what website it was for. It was a picture of a naked man bent over and a women in underwear sitting on him. Nasty... >_< If I see it again I&#039;ll find the website its for so it can hopefully be blocked.
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43866077/goaway.png[/img] I just had this one open up a new tab of some website without me even LOOKING at the advert. I was scrolling up and it made it look as though my browser had frozen (Couldn't scroll up any further, nothing was moving etc) before a new tab opened to a website that had "bitdefender" in its URL. I promptly closed it, so I didn't grab the URL. Any advert that opens up a tab without my knowledge or permission is not a website I want to spend long enough on to grab its URL
goaway.png
I just had this one open up a new tab of some website without me even LOOKING at the advert. I was scrolling up and it made it look as though my browser had frozen (Couldn&#039;t scroll up any further, nothing was moving etc) before a new tab opened to a website that had "bitdefender" in its URL. I promptly closed it, so I didn&#039;t grab the URL. Any advert that opens up a tab without my knowledge or permission is not a website I want to spend long enough on to grab its URL
LsjJGdS.png
I have the bitdefender ad up now and it seems to be behaving. I&#039;ll keep an eye on it. I&#039;m hovering and scrolling and switching tabs, and I can&#039;t get it to move me away from the site (I&#039;m on Chrome on a pc and on an android phone.). I&#039;m thinking it somehow got clicked or activated, but to be sure I&#039;m going to try browsing the site in a couple other browsers today to see if I can get bitdefender to activate without a click to verify this theory.

Akiri&#039;s been banning stuff as it comes up. Thank you for the reports guys. :-)
  • Filipino cupid should no longer show up.
  • If you can screencap or provide the url for the man with the woman on his lap, we can see about getting that removed too.
  • Wounded warrior is a public service advertisement (we don&#039;t get paid for those) along with a handful of others such as smokey the bear, rescue efforts, ect. We will temporarily ban wounded warrior&#039;s ads later today from showing up, because we agree that it&#039;s a big explicit for the site; however, we&#039;ll likely unban them in the future because its&#039; a great project. (we want to wait long enough for them to cycle the ad image they&#039;re using to a new campaign.)
  • We&#039;ll have to see the dexter ad first. We don&#039;t want to ban all of showtime from advertising, and if the ad is in good taste it&#039;ll likely stick around. If there&#039;s blood/knives/violence, we will ban it.
I have the bitdefender ad up now and it seems to be behaving. I&#039;ll keep an eye on it. I&#039;m hovering and scrolling and switching tabs, and I can&#039;t get it to move me away from the site (I&#039;m on Chrome on a pc and on an android phone.). I&#039;m thinking it somehow got clicked or activated, but to be sure I&#039;m going to try browsing the site in a couple other browsers today to see if I can get bitdefender to activate without a click to verify this theory.

Akiri&#039;s been banning stuff as it comes up. Thank you for the reports guys. :-)
  • Filipino cupid should no longer show up.
  • If you can screencap or provide the url for the man with the woman on his lap, we can see about getting that removed too.
  • Wounded warrior is a public service advertisement (we don&#039;t get paid for those) along with a handful of others such as smokey the bear, rescue efforts, ect. We will temporarily ban wounded warrior&#039;s ads later today from showing up, because we agree that it&#039;s a big explicit for the site; however, we&#039;ll likely unban them in the future because its&#039; a great project. (we want to wait long enough for them to cycle the ad image they&#039;re using to a new campaign.)
  • We&#039;ll have to see the dexter ad first. We don&#039;t want to ban all of showtime from advertising, and if the ad is in good taste it&#039;ll likely stick around. If there&#039;s blood/knives/violence, we will ban it.
@Undel

There&#039;s a Russian Brides ad that keeps showing up. The text says something along the lines of "You&#039;ve NEVER met girls like these..." It&#039;s not obviously offensive till it&#039;s clicked but I still doubt you want that kind of thing linking to Flight Rising. The ads always show women in sexualized poses
@Undel

There&#039;s a Russian Brides ad that keeps showing up. The text says something along the lines of "You&#039;ve NEVER met girls like these..." It&#039;s not obviously offensive till it&#039;s clicked but I still doubt you want that kind of thing linking to Flight Rising. The ads always show women in sexualized poses
@Undel if it helps, I literally was not looking at the advert when it happened, so there was simply no way I could have clicked on it. I was about half way down a long forum thread, so there were no ads on my monitor (Its 1920 x 1080 as well)- plus my cursor was on the other side of the screen. I can&#039;t see why it would be a delayed reaction to clicking- My computer or browser was not lagging until the "click" happened, and I don&#039;t have a computer thats easily lagged (only thing that lags it is a virus scan, and I was not running one... until the tab opened that is). I don&#039;t know if it was the side banner, or perhaps the bottom banner. The side banner is just the one I noticed and assumed to be the culprit. I&#039;ve not managed to click an ad on this site before, so I wouldn&#039;t have thought it was accidental clicking, that and it was a VERY delayed reaction on an otherwise speedy computer. (16 GB of RAM, 633 GB free HDD space, only running Chrome, Trillian and iTunes at the time... can&#039;t see why opening a new tab would literally freeze my browser for a second or two when no other link does)

It could have been a click I didn&#039;t notice I did, but I do think its safer to report it regardless
@Undel if it helps, I literally was not looking at the advert when it happened, so there was simply no way I could have clicked on it. I was about half way down a long forum thread, so there were no ads on my monitor (Its 1920 x 1080 as well)- plus my cursor was on the other side of the screen. I can&#039;t see why it would be a delayed reaction to clicking- My computer or browser was not lagging until the "click" happened, and I don&#039;t have a computer thats easily lagged (only thing that lags it is a virus scan, and I was not running one... until the tab opened that is). I don&#039;t know if it was the side banner, or perhaps the bottom banner. The side banner is just the one I noticed and assumed to be the culprit. I&#039;ve not managed to click an ad on this site before, so I wouldn&#039;t have thought it was accidental clicking, that and it was a VERY delayed reaction on an otherwise speedy computer. (16 GB of RAM, 633 GB free HDD space, only running Chrome, Trillian and iTunes at the time... can&#039;t see why opening a new tab would literally freeze my browser for a second or two when no other link does)

It could have been a click I didn&#039;t notice I did, but I do think its safer to report it regardless
LsjJGdS.png
If there&#039;s russian bride ads, those gotta go. We need a name (and preferably a url as well) to be able to ban them from the ad network.
If there&#039;s russian bride ads, those gotta go. We need a name (and preferably a url as well) to be able to ban them from the ad network.
@Undel
The only words on the ad are what I mentioned above.
http://e-ads.eqads.com/c.aspx?lid=751cfac1-4eb2-4b8f-9bd1-11e68d73b15d&bc=55212&o=7323
this is the URL as copied from the image
this is were it leads
http://www.russianbrides.info/?afid=16702&subafid=550836_q_
@Undel
The only words on the ad are what I mentioned above.
http://e-ads.eqads.com/c.aspx?lid=751cfac1-4eb2-4b8f-9bd1-11e68d73b15d&bc=55212&o=7323
this is the URL as copied from the image
this is were it leads
http://www.russianbrides.info/?afid=16702&subafid=550836_q_
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593