Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593
[quote name="Immannia" date="2013-06-24 08:45:43" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=27823#146808"]Omicron Wanderers text had (The Pivot Point) located in the word (version) and a Swedish commercial (Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (large) Kistaros text had same Swedish commercial (Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (start) in Undels text i found the words play and game infected too (game) had bingocabin commercial and (play) had Cleopatras treasure feature is this normal? even the time had a hidden message 02: (10) dont know what that message was tho [/quote] That is not normal. The ads should never be in the content area. Are our forum posts creating links for you? If so, I'd recommend running a virus scan. We do not have any context/forum advertising in the posts.
Omicron Wanderers text had
(The Pivot Point) located in the word (version)
and a Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (large)

Kistaros text had same Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (start)

in Undels text i found the words play and game infected too
(game) had bingocabin commercial and
(play) had Cleopatras treasure feature

is this normal?

even the time had a hidden message 02: (10) dont know what that message was tho

That is not normal. The ads should never be in the content area. Are our forum posts creating links for you? If so, I'd recommend running a virus scan. We do not have any context/forum advertising in the posts.
I keep checking for viruses around 2 times a week, but it keep saying no viruses found, guessing i have to take down the computor to dad then, thanks for the help
I keep checking for viruses around 2 times a week, but it keep saying no viruses found, guessing i have to take down the computor to dad then, thanks for the help
Would a beer ad be considered inappropriate for a site that's meant for teens and up? I keep on seeing this beer ad on the lower ad space. it has a bunch of people holding picket signs saying they want beer. It's on the lower part as a I type right now.
Would a beer ad be considered inappropriate for a site that's meant for teens and up? I keep on seeing this beer ad on the lower ad space. it has a bunch of people holding picket signs saying they want beer. It's on the lower part as a I type right now.
@trillian Beer ads are something we wouldn't mind blocking. If you could tell us the name of the ad or the url it leads to, we can block it.
@trillian Beer ads are something we wouldn't mind blocking. If you could tell us the name of the ad or the url it leads to, we can block it.
It said something about Bend, Oregon. If I see it again I'll post the link here
It said something about Bend, Oregon. If I see it again I'll post the link here
Hi there, like I pointed out here:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=165888
I encountered a pop-up ad that keeps haunting me. Just now in this thread it tried popping up again.
(Sorry that I couldn't find this thread and a big thanks to Lune for pointing it out to me!)
Hi there, like I pointed out here:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=165888
I encountered a pop-up ad that keeps haunting me. Just now in this thread it tried popping up again.
(Sorry that I couldn't find this thread and a big thanks to Lune for pointing it out to me!)
I'm also here to report a kind of "pop up" ad. It's the World of Tanks ad. As soon as this ad appears it always opens new tabs even if I don't click on it. I can click into blank space and still the ad appears. Also the ad itself (not the new tab it opens) shows you in ego-shooter style blasting helicopters from the sky.

The new tab opens with that url:
http://worldoftanks.eu/play7/de/?utm_campaign=262826&utm_medium=1267&utm_source=579&sid=T%3DkwzrHkWQh_N_oqM58NUmyJTXkvNsOJFm!P%3D0BZ4JWk4GXIYbD3JjocIgZPIaLwAkiIlvwmokYvDE1yyHbQWXASIqo-rYxb9IPIWUpRW0VNU_7zAJuneAfMIFUPA9uoltEYA3uFTVCUoLCSdCOQs8syBuB3QkvL0pveAQREJUFOIbzo
I'm also here to report a kind of "pop up" ad. It's the World of Tanks ad. As soon as this ad appears it always opens new tabs even if I don't click on it. I can click into blank space and still the ad appears. Also the ad itself (not the new tab it opens) shows you in ego-shooter style blasting helicopters from the sky.

The new tab opens with that url:
http://worldoftanks.eu/play7/de/?utm_campaign=262826&utm_medium=1267&utm_source=579&sid=T%3DkwzrHkWQh_N_oqM58NUmyJTXkvNsOJFm!P%3D0BZ4JWk4GXIYbD3JjocIgZPIaLwAkiIlvwmokYvDE1yyHbQWXASIqo-rYxb9IPIWUpRW0VNU_7zAJuneAfMIFUPA9uoltEYA3uFTVCUoLCSdCOQs8syBuB3QkvL0pveAQREJUFOIbzo
Not sure if you want ads reported here because they encourage terrible behavior, but I thought I would do so because I, at least, find this sort of ad personally very offensive:

An ad for "CHEAP SWTOR GOLD" telling me to use a third party service to buy farmed gold in Star Wars the Old Republic (and probably other MMOs, were I to actually go to their site). I don't know SWTOR's ToS off the top of my head, but for most MMO companies, buying in-game currency from a third party is very much not allowed, and having an ad like that seems... pretty questionable.

The "company" that is offering this rule-breaking service is "Guy4Game.com"

(I'm probably a bit biased on finding this "offensive," as I play a lot of MMOs, and the biggest economy-ruiner in a huge percentage of them is farmed gold that people buy from third-party cheaters.)
Not sure if you want ads reported here because they encourage terrible behavior, but I thought I would do so because I, at least, find this sort of ad personally very offensive:

An ad for "CHEAP SWTOR GOLD" telling me to use a third party service to buy farmed gold in Star Wars the Old Republic (and probably other MMOs, were I to actually go to their site). I don't know SWTOR's ToS off the top of my head, but for most MMO companies, buying in-game currency from a third party is very much not allowed, and having an ad like that seems... pretty questionable.

The "company" that is offering this rule-breaking service is "Guy4Game.com"

(I'm probably a bit biased on finding this "offensive," as I play a lot of MMOs, and the biggest economy-ruiner in a huge percentage of them is farmed gold that people buy from third-party cheaters.)
http://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/WA/Puyallup/Mark-Mullins-Q44F41YS000 [img]http://gyazo.com/02fb2fdce2300c052184cb09f868d13f.png[/img] It doesn't take up a lot of space, but just in case.
http://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/WA/Puyallup/Mark-Mullins-Q44F41YS000

02fb2fdce2300c052184cb09f868d13f.png

It doesn't take up a lot of space, but just in case.
Thank you for the reports guys! Akiri is getting rid of the tanks and goldselling ads now.

@Kadaashi For the state farm ad, did you have to hover or click on it to get that, or was it popped up to start with?
Thank you for the reports guys! Akiri is getting rid of the tanks and goldselling ads now.

@Kadaashi For the state farm ad, did you have to hover or click on it to get that, or was it popped up to start with?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593