Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | two letter names
1 2
they should just add an option for the search function to only bring up results for dragons with the specific name and not every dragon that has ever existed that had a vowel in their name.
they should just add an option for the search function to only bring up results for dragons with the specific name and not every dragon that has ever existed that had a vowel in their name.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
[quote name="cossmiicdolphin" date="2019-11-21 23:21:33" ] i hope it gets brought back too, though that would unfortunately be upsetting to those who spent a lot of money on them ;;[/quote] Eh. I'm aware I'm part of a minority school of thought about FR rarities, but... no investment is immune to the possibility of depreciation. Any money not made back on sold items is basically a Prestige Tax. It's the price you paid to buy temporary social status--so the right to say you bought and awakened a Light Sprite before the bestiary update, or the right to say you owned a two-letter dragon while two-letter dragons were in vogue. I'd like them back just because you can't even give a dragon a name like "Bo" or "Sy" or "Al", and anyway not having an exact search function is ridiculous. You don't solve a problem by going with the least helpful solution.
cossmiicdolphin wrote on 2019-11-21 23:21:33:
i hope it gets brought back too, though that would unfortunately be upsetting to those who spent a lot of money on them ;;

Eh. I'm aware I'm part of a minority school of thought about FR rarities, but... no investment is immune to the possibility of depreciation. Any money not made back on sold items is basically a Prestige Tax. It's the price you paid to buy temporary social status--so the right to say you bought and awakened a Light Sprite before the bestiary update, or the right to say you owned a two-letter dragon while two-letter dragons were in vogue.

I'd like them back just because you can't even give a dragon a name like "Bo" or "Sy" or "Al", and anyway not having an exact search function is ridiculous. You don't solve a problem by going with the least helpful solution.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Snek" date="2019-11-22 04:46:15" ] [quote name="cossmiicdolphin" date="2019-11-21 23:21:33" ] i hope it gets brought back too, though that would unfortunately be upsetting to those who spent a lot of money on them ;;[/quote] Eh. I'm aware I'm part of a minority school of thought about FR rarities, but... no investment is immune to the possibility of depreciation. Any money not made back on sold items is basically a Prestige Tax. It's the price you paid to buy temporary social status--so the right to say you bought and awakened a Light Sprite before the bestiary update, or the right to say you owned a two-letter dragon while two-letter dragons were in vogue. I'd like them back just because you can't even give a dragon a name like "Bo" or "Sy" or "Al", and anyway not having an exact search function is ridiculous. You don't solve a problem by going with the least helpful solution. [/quote] Wait, aren’t light sprites still rare? I only recently returned to fr, did I miss something with the bestiary?
Snek wrote on 2019-11-22 04:46:15:
cossmiicdolphin wrote on 2019-11-21 23:21:33:
i hope it gets brought back too, though that would unfortunately be upsetting to those who spent a lot of money on them ;;

Eh. I'm aware I'm part of a minority school of thought about FR rarities, but... no investment is immune to the possibility of depreciation. Any money not made back on sold items is basically a Prestige Tax. It's the price you paid to buy temporary social status--so the right to say you bought and awakened a Light Sprite before the bestiary update, or the right to say you owned a two-letter dragon while two-letter dragons were in vogue.

I'd like them back just because you can't even give a dragon a name like "Bo" or "Sy" or "Al", and anyway not having an exact search function is ridiculous. You don't solve a problem by going with the least helpful solution.
Wait, aren’t light sprites still rare? I only recently returned to fr, did I miss something with the bestiary?
ZVpCPil.png
[quote name="@Gilnora" date="2019-11-22 05:30:57" ]Wait, aren’t light sprites still rare? I only recently returned to fr, did I miss something with the bestiary? [/quote] They're still rare, but the bestiary update means that they'll stay colored in forever once you Awaken them, even if you sell them off or whatever. It means they have a bigger potential to get sold on the market post-Awakening than they did before, when getting rid of any familiar at any stage meant it would go grey again. For example, I wouldn't have got rid of my Akirbeak before, but I happily sold it and most of my sprites off once the update happened. (Still working on selling the Wind.) If I ever get my hands on a Light Sprite I'll do the same thing once it's awakened.
@Gilnora wrote on 2019-11-22 05:30:57:
Wait, aren’t light sprites still rare? I only recently returned to fr, did I miss something with the bestiary?

They're still rare, but the bestiary update means that they'll stay colored in forever once you Awaken them, even if you sell them off or whatever. It means they have a bigger potential to get sold on the market post-Awakening than they did before, when getting rid of any familiar at any stage meant it would go grey again.

For example, I wouldn't have got rid of my Akirbeak before, but I happily sold it and most of my sprites off once the update happened. (Still working on selling the Wind.) If I ever get my hands on a Light Sprite I'll do the same thing once it's awakened.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Oh damn! Good to know, I had no idea!
Oh damn! Good to know, I had no idea!
ZVpCPil.png
[quote name="Bloodwyrm" date="2019-11-22 04:20:49" ] they should just add an option for the search function to only bring up results for dragons with the specific name and not every dragon that has ever existed that had a vowel in their name. [/quote] Honestly I'm a fan of this, cause this also happens with usernames too. I want to find someone with a common part of their name so lots of other usernames pop up that make it nearly impossible to find them.
Bloodwyrm wrote on 2019-11-22 04:20:49:

Honestly I'm a fan of this, cause this also happens with usernames too. I want to find someone with a common part of their name so lots of other usernames pop up that make it nearly impossible to find them.
1 2