Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I'm making an animatic of my lair ---
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
i'd like to be added to both pinglists please! this looks awesome! also closer is one of my favorite songs so .w.
i'd like to be added to both pinglists please! this looks awesome! also closer is one of my favorite songs so .w.
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
All have been added!
@Requacy
Thank you, it's been a rough couple of days. The family member was in their 90s and already suffering bad health, so it wasn't a complete surprise, but still a shock nonetheless.

You can always try Google Docs or Google Sites! As you've probably read, I use Sites for the huge compilation of my lore because dragon bios aren't organized enough for me and all the environmental history that's in my lore. Plus, it's pretty great to have everything in one place if I need it XD

You're welcome! I seriously would love to be updated with your progress as well, if you ever want to show anything on the way!

@SmudgedSkies
I found Closer through hearing about the movie it's from, and I got absolutely hooked! Paulina Andreeva has such a wonderful voice, and the lyrics of the song itself are heartwrenching and sad. I thought it would fit perfectly with my lore ^^
All have been added!
@Requacy
Thank you, it's been a rough couple of days. The family member was in their 90s and already suffering bad health, so it wasn't a complete surprise, but still a shock nonetheless.

You can always try Google Docs or Google Sites! As you've probably read, I use Sites for the huge compilation of my lore because dragon bios aren't organized enough for me and all the environmental history that's in my lore. Plus, it's pretty great to have everything in one place if I need it XD

You're welcome! I seriously would love to be updated with your progress as well, if you ever want to show anything on the way!

@SmudgedSkies
I found Closer through hearing about the movie it's from, and I got absolutely hooked! Paulina Andreeva has such a wonderful voice, and the lyrics of the song itself are heartwrenching and sad. I thought it would fit perfectly with my lore ^^
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
D: oh my goodness, I saw the edit... I hope everything gets better soon, sorry for your loss.
D: oh my goodness, I saw the edit... I hope everything gets better soon, sorry for your loss.
7qCl3Ny.png
@Ahzidal I feel on that, with both people and pets. Sometimes it just happens and you can see it coming but it doesn't make it any easier to live with. We're here for you, mate~ Ooooh thank you! I keep forgetting to do that! Yeah, the bios can be a bit hazardous to use, especially considering that, once I get excited, I can write a lot. That's great to here, especially the "All in one place" part! [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1] Ahhh thank you!! Here's one of the frames to get an idea with what I'm doing- (Primary Pencil and Flow Airbrush on Autodesk because Procreate randomly stopped working for me and I can't open it [emoji=nocturne sad size=1]) [img]https://i.imgur.com/jCdgKH2.png[/img]
@Ahzidal

I feel on that, with both people and pets. Sometimes it just happens and you can see it coming but it doesn't make it any easier to live with. We're here for you, mate~

Ooooh thank you! I keep forgetting to do that! Yeah, the bios can be a bit hazardous to use, especially considering that, once I get excited, I can write a lot. That's great to here, especially the "All in one place" part!

Ahhh thank you!! Here's one of the frames to get an idea with what I'm doing- (Primary Pencil and Flow Airbrush on Autodesk because Procreate randomly stopped working for me and I can't open it )

jCdgKH2.png
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@amble Thank you! It's definitely hard for me right now, but I feel like I'm managing it fairly well compared to previous times I've gone through this. Just a few weeks ago, my eldest cat got really sick and nearly died. She had to spend almost a week at the hospital, but ended up making a full recovery against all odds. Even the vet didn't think she would make it ^^'' Seems a little out of place to mention that, but almost losing my dear kitty then suddenly losing my great-grandmother makes me more appreciative of the time I have to spend with the people and animals I have now. It's definitely something I've become more aware of as I begin to lose more aging family members. I am mourning the loss of a beloved relative, but I am taking the opportunity to help deepen my current relationships with my family, friends, and pets. You never know if that previous conversation or interaction with them will be the last, and it's definitely something I understand better now than I ever have. [size=2]Sorry for the long stuffs owo'' have a picture of my little fighter[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/8Rjqptl.jpg[/img] @Requacy Thank you again <3 I also really like using Google for writing in general because it autosaves and you can recover previous versions in case something corrupts! I am a forgetful person and I forget to save things more than I'd like to admit, so it's a feature made for people like me for sure. That [I]nose[/I]. Oh my gosh. I'm not good at drawing humans? But that nose?? Looks so good??? Gosh, noses are one of my biggest struggles with humans but that nose is [I]beautiful[/I]. (this is gonna sound really dumb but have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? otherwise, I'd look around the internet for possible fixes. I know I've had issues with Procreate recognizing my Apple Pencil from time to time, but normally restarting the app itself is enough to fix it. I also have no idea which platform you're using lmao, I use my ipad 7 for this stuff myself owo'' )
@amble
Thank you! It's definitely hard for me right now, but I feel like I'm managing it fairly well compared to previous times I've gone through this. Just a few weeks ago, my eldest cat got really sick and nearly died. She had to spend almost a week at the hospital, but ended up making a full recovery against all odds. Even the vet didn't think she would make it ^^''

Seems a little out of place to mention that, but almost losing my dear kitty then suddenly losing my great-grandmother makes me more appreciative of the time I have to spend with the people and animals I have now. It's definitely something I've become more aware of as I begin to lose more aging family members.

I am mourning the loss of a beloved relative, but I am taking the opportunity to help deepen my current relationships with my family, friends, and pets. You never know if that previous conversation or interaction with them will be the last, and it's definitely something I understand better now than I ever have.

Sorry for the long stuffs owo'' have a picture of my little fighter
8Rjqptl.jpg

@Requacy
Thank you again <3

I also really like using Google for writing in general because it autosaves and you can recover previous versions in case something corrupts! I am a forgetful person and I forget to save things more than I'd like to admit, so it's a feature made for people like me for sure.

That nose. Oh my gosh. I'm not good at drawing humans? But that nose?? Looks so good??? Gosh, noses are one of my biggest struggles with humans but that nose is beautiful.

(this is gonna sound really dumb but have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? otherwise, I'd look around the internet for possible fixes. I know I've had issues with Procreate recognizing my Apple Pencil from time to time, but normally restarting the app itself is enough to fix it. I also have no idea which platform you're using lmao, I use my ipad 7 for this stuff myself owo'' )
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@Ahzidal REALLY? THAT'S AMAZING! Sorry for the all-caps, I just recently lost a beloved Word work of mine to a crash (I forget to save), so that's really really good to here. [i]Ahhhhh[/i] thank you so, [i]so[/i] much!! I wasn't that good at drawing humans until lately (in my own eyes), and I started drawing human anatomy recently because A. I've been considering to take Anatomy and Physiology, B. There's been recent artistic events that desire a better knowledge of humans, and C. Artistic challenges! I still prefer drawing animals/dragons/nature though. Noses are my absolute [i]favorite[/i] facial feature. I absolutely [i]love[/i] drawing them. A small trick I learned is to draw a triangle shape, then put three circles, two on the vertices of the base, and one on the middle~ It took me some time as well to learn how to draw them. Don't give up!! (Off-topic but slightly related) Typically for everything I need refs to learn how to draw them from memory, so I either find them or make up my own. There's a lot of dragons in my own animatic (because it's about dragons! [emoji=nocturne tongue size=1]) so I needed to practice shading different views, so here's a practice of a shaded dragon skull. [img]https://i.imgur.com/CU0YevH.png[/img] (It's alright!! I just tried it and it worked!!! Thank you [i]so[/i] much!!) (Also kitty baby~~)
@Ahzidal

REALLY? THAT'S AMAZING! Sorry for the all-caps, I just recently lost a beloved Word work of mine to a crash (I forget to save), so that's really really good to here.

Ahhhhh thank you so, so much!! I wasn't that good at drawing humans until lately (in my own eyes), and I started drawing human anatomy recently because A. I've been considering to take Anatomy and Physiology, B. There's been recent artistic events that desire a better knowledge of humans, and C. Artistic challenges! I still prefer drawing animals/dragons/nature though. Noses are my absolute favorite facial feature. I absolutely love drawing them. A small trick I learned is to draw a triangle shape, then put three circles, two on the vertices of the base, and one on the middle~ It took me some time as well to learn how to draw them. Don't give up!!

(Off-topic but slightly related)

Typically for everything I need refs to learn how to draw them from memory, so I either find them or make up my own. There's a lot of dragons in my own animatic (because it's about dragons! ) so I needed to practice shading different views, so here's a practice of a shaded dragon skull.

CU0YevH.png

(It's alright!! I just tried it and it worked!!! Thank you so much!!)

(Also kitty baby~~)
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@ahzidal this is so cool!! I would like to be added to the update pinglist please
@ahzidal this is so cool!! I would like to be added to the update pinglist please
@ahzidal
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad your cutie of a cat survived, what a strong kitten ;w;
And I completely understand! I've gone through loss of both pets and people, and I think you're very very strong for taking it all so well. As someone who has severe anxiety, the idea that every day could be my or someone else's last has made me a lot more appreciative of people who can push through all of that and love life even if it throws hardship their way.

Either way, know we're all here supporting you, and I definitely hope that you find happiness in every little thing in life :,)
@ahzidal
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad your cutie of a cat survived, what a strong kitten ;w;
And I completely understand! I've gone through loss of both pets and people, and I think you're very very strong for taking it all so well. As someone who has severe anxiety, the idea that every day could be my or someone else's last has made me a lot more appreciative of people who can push through all of that and love life even if it throws hardship their way.

Either way, know we're all here supporting you, and I definitely hope that you find happiness in every little thing in life :,)
7qCl3Ny.png
[size=2]@ClockworkEclipse @MasterMmmm @Jorlue @Gayskeleton09 @Requacy @Arcanedragon @TwilitDragon @Sefaro @scylla @ImpossibleJedi4 @MysticalScribe @Stormdance @myriadofstars @SandBoa @Lunalatic @Noddddd @PenziePines13 @BirdBagel @MaplesHaiku @SuperHappy @Severynn @Hoodiecat @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @chung @Watercolour @Kavryn @WolfByte @Amaranth41 @Fixeddotdice @CorvvusCorax @StarCookies @SilverSong92 @Nikame @taniquetil @Lixue @Idyll @Recallback @SmudgedSkies[/size] Me: I should be working... Also me: [img]https://i.imgur.com/OTo0JEf.gif[/img] Hi! In case you weren't around when I mentioned it, I had taken the past (almost) month off due to the loss of a family member. Pinging to let you know work has resumed, and to give you some funny little animation practices I did to get myself back into the swing of things! [img]https://i.imgur.com/ESRIAkv.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IG8amtQ.gif[/img] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/E2CCqSG.gif[/img][/center] The last one is related to a character in this animatic. Who is it? Uh, you can probably guess if you've looked at my lair or heard me gush about the dragon.
@ClockworkEclipse @MasterMmmm @Jorlue @Gayskeleton09 @Requacy @Arcanedragon @TwilitDragon @Sefaro @scylla @ImpossibleJedi4 @MysticalScribe @Stormdance @myriadofstars @SandBoa @Lunalatic @Noddddd @PenziePines13 @BirdBagel @MaplesHaiku @SuperHappy @Severynn @Hoodiecat @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @chung @Watercolour @Kavryn @WolfByte @Amaranth41 @Fixeddotdice @CorvvusCorax @StarCookies @SilverSong92 @Nikame @taniquetil @Lixue @Idyll @Recallback @SmudgedSkies

Me: I should be working...

Also me:
OTo0JEf.gif

Hi! In case you weren't around when I mentioned it, I had taken the past (almost) month off due to the loss of a family member. Pinging to let you know work has resumed, and to give you some funny little animation practices I did to get myself back into the swing of things!

ESRIAkv.gif
IG8amtQ.gif
E2CCqSG.gif

The last one is related to a character in this animatic. Who is it? Uh, you can probably guess if you've looked at my lair or heard me gush about the dragon.
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Oh XD what is with that headbanging-

Wow, those animations look great! Can't wait to see the animatic.

Seeing this makes me want to try out a little animation of my own :D
Oh XD what is with that headbanging-

Wow, those animations look great! Can't wait to see the animatic.

Seeing this makes me want to try out a little animation of my own :D
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14