Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | They added Eliminates to the Mire
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Back in the old days [img]https://i.imgur.com/mhTmjZv.jpg[/img] This is the truth of what Eliminates use to be. Back when Eliminates were dropping regularly not only because of the drop rate, but because players spent more time in venues that dropped them. When the Mire Flyer came out that was the venue where everyone would stay at so no new Eliminates coming into the market. Then the change in drop rate and things flew out of control. Eliminates don’t have to be the special thing from the coli. Truthfully even when they were at their most a drop to me was an uh whatever. Eggs on the other hand are still specially. Add in those boss familiars that can be even more rare ( one day you will drop for me Yeti!!!), and any new genes/items in the coli and there are still special drops to be excited for. It’s all where you put your mind set as special. As for the price of Eliminates I see them staying around 100k. Why I say that is because of how prices with eggs went. Before the color wheel expansion came out I could regular find eggs at 90-100k, 40-50k during festivals. The color wheel was announced and prices shot through the roof. The prices recovered some but nothing close to where it was despite no change in drop rate and a few NotN to help. Yes Eliminates will drop more, but at a semi lower price people will be willing to buy for more dragons because it will be reasonable. It will even out with dips during festivals/when coli things happen.
Back in the old days
mhTmjZv.jpg

This is the truth of what Eliminates use to be. Back when Eliminates were dropping regularly not only because of the drop rate, but because players spent more time in venues that dropped them. When the Mire Flyer came out that was the venue where everyone would stay at so no new Eliminates coming into the market. Then the change in drop rate and things flew out of control. Eliminates don’t have to be the special thing from the coli. Truthfully even when they were at their most a drop to me was an uh whatever. Eggs on the other hand are still specially. Add in those boss familiars that can be even more rare ( one day you will drop for me Yeti!!!), and any new genes/items in the coli and there are still special drops to be excited for. It’s all where you put your mind set as special.

As for the price of Eliminates I see them staying around 100k. Why I say that is because of how prices with eggs went. Before the color wheel expansion came out I could regular find eggs at 90-100k, 40-50k during festivals. The color wheel was announced and prices shot through the roof. The prices recovered some but nothing close to where it was despite no change in drop rate and a few NotN to help. Yes Eliminates will drop more, but at a semi lower price people will be willing to buy for more dragons because it will be reasonable. It will even out with dips during festivals/when coli things happen.
4Zlz1vc.png
When I joined eliminates were around 700g. It took an hour or so, but it was entirely possible to max out the fairgrounds with artifracture every day. Guess what? I played every day and it took about 7 or 8 days (10 or 11 if i was lazy and didn't max for a few days) to get each eliminate for my coli team, which is not nearly as hard or as difficult as people are making it out to be. With the release of glimmer and gloom (even faster and easier max) I don't see why there seems to be a sudden effort to squash the price of elims. Like I've said before, I don't think 700-800g was what the devs intended the price to be, but under 200g? Ridiculously unnecessary price drop that has ruined the value of one of the last few lastingly valuable coli items
When I joined eliminates were around 700g. It took an hour or so, but it was entirely possible to max out the fairgrounds with artifracture every day. Guess what? I played every day and it took about 7 or 8 days (10 or 11 if i was lazy and didn't max for a few days) to get each eliminate for my coli team, which is not nearly as hard or as difficult as people are making it out to be. With the release of glimmer and gloom (even faster and easier max) I don't see why there seems to be a sudden effort to squash the price of elims. Like I've said before, I don't think 700-800g was what the devs intended the price to be, but under 200g? Ridiculously unnecessary price drop that has ruined the value of one of the last few lastingly valuable coli items
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
[quote name="lugia492" date="2019-11-21 06:43:07" ] When I joined eliminates were around 700g. It took an hour or so, but it was entirely possible to max out the fairgrounds with artifracture every day. Guess what? I played every day and it took about 7 or 8 days (10 or 11 if i was lazy and didn't max for a few days) to get each eliminate for my coli team, which is not nearly as hard or as difficult as people are making it out to be. With the release of glimmer and gloom (even faster and easier max) I don't see why there seems to be a sudden effort to squash the price of elims. Like I've said before, I don't think 700-800g was what the devs intended the price to be, but under 200g? Ridiculously unnecessary price drop that has ruined the value of one of the last few lastingly valuable coli items [/quote] Eliminates used to be 70kt a piece. You joined in 2018 when eliminates started to inflate because of low supply. [Quote] Ridiculously unnecessary price drop that has ruined the value of one of the last few lastingly valuable coli items [/Quote] So you value the money you used to get with an eliminate drop over the price drop that will give newbies a chance to get around coli due to an affordable price of this essential coli stone that is the key for the full profitable experience? Eliminates are getting reduced to the value they were supposed to be, and I congratulate the devs for thinking about the newbies. "This will ruin the value of eliminate" "this will ruin the economy" is honestly a disappointing mindset.
lugia492 wrote on 2019-11-21 06:43:07:

Eliminates used to be 70kt a piece. You joined in 2018 when eliminates started to inflate because of low supply.
Quote:
Ridiculously unnecessary price drop that has ruined the value of one of the last few lastingly valuable coli items

So you value the money you used to get with an eliminate drop over the price drop that will give newbies a chance to get around coli due to an affordable price of this essential coli stone that is the key for the full profitable experience?

Eliminates are getting reduced to the value they were supposed to be, and I congratulate the devs for thinking about the newbies.

"This will ruin the value of eliminate" "this will ruin the economy" is honestly a disappointing mindset.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
not sure do I care as I rarely have any elims... precisely, I got only one elim to drop in a year. (I saw someone mention they are rare as eggs - I got like three or four eggs from coli XDD)
at one point, happy to see prices drop as people with bad coli luck can get elims.
but at second... not much profit. it isn't fun when you hardly get smth to drop, and you can hardly sell it. elim is rare and pretty damn neat, I don't mind it at current price. but if prices gonna drop more... it will be rather a meh drop, just like weathered, morph and hypnotic vial is...

also. for years, I didn't had elims. and you know what? it was perfectly fine. yes, it was long, maybe painful, but not so bad. it isn't "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GRIND WITHOUT ELIMMMM". newbs don't need to immidiately have the fanciest stone so easily. work a bit and get it. just my opinion /shrug/
not sure do I care as I rarely have any elims... precisely, I got only one elim to drop in a year. (I saw someone mention they are rare as eggs - I got like three or four eggs from coli XDD)
at one point, happy to see prices drop as people with bad coli luck can get elims.
but at second... not much profit. it isn't fun when you hardly get smth to drop, and you can hardly sell it. elim is rare and pretty damn neat, I don't mind it at current price. but if prices gonna drop more... it will be rather a meh drop, just like weathered, morph and hypnotic vial is...

also. for years, I didn't had elims. and you know what? it was perfectly fine. yes, it was long, maybe painful, but not so bad. it isn't "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GRIND WITHOUT ELIMMMM". newbs don't need to immidiately have the fanciest stone so easily. work a bit and get it. just my opinion /shrug/
RdIx2IR.png
yeetus
you see
mE

yeet XJpy8U7.png
[quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-11-20 16:04:58" ] It has begun. Eliminates dropped to 185 [/quote] @Owlynx I've been trading in Eliminates for the last month or so and its not unusual to see them at 185, that is actually my buy price. They fluctuate often, up to just under 300 recently. I think its too soon for any Mire introduction to be affecting the market I think this price drop is due to the new genes, as other battlestones are diving as well. Players just aren't buying these things while there are two new treasure sinks around? Apparel that was cycling up and down is also low again, Everything I watch across the board has slowed to a halt except Veined.
Owlynx wrote on 2019-11-20 16:04:58:
It has begun. Eliminates dropped to 185

@Owlynx I've been trading in Eliminates for the last month or so and its not unusual to see them at 185, that is actually my buy price.
They fluctuate often, up to just under 300 recently.

I think its too soon for any Mire introduction to be affecting the market I think this price drop is due to the new genes, as other battlestones are diving as well. Players just aren't buying these things while there are two new treasure sinks around?
Apparel that was cycling up and down is also low again, Everything I watch across the board has slowed to a halt except Veined.
qDkA25S.png
I think it's great it was added in. It made absolutely ZERO sense for the other venues to drop the stone but not the mire. The drop rate on eliminates is not so high it's really going to do anything to the marketplace. I've been frequenting the mire constantly since the addition and still haven't had it drop. In fact, in my time on FR I've only had a total of 4 eliminate drops. I've gotten more luck getting eggs.

What's going to crash the price isn't the frequency, it's the undercutters who list things on the AH for a week with a slightly lower price constantly trying to be the lowest so theirs gets bought first. When enough people do this the price crashes because people stop buying it at the higher price which then forces sellers to either wait and see if it climbs or come down to the "new" price.
I think it's great it was added in. It made absolutely ZERO sense for the other venues to drop the stone but not the mire. The drop rate on eliminates is not so high it's really going to do anything to the marketplace. I've been frequenting the mire constantly since the addition and still haven't had it drop. In fact, in my time on FR I've only had a total of 4 eliminate drops. I've gotten more luck getting eggs.

What's going to crash the price isn't the frequency, it's the undercutters who list things on the AH for a week with a slightly lower price constantly trying to be the lowest so theirs gets bought first. When enough people do this the price crashes because people stop buying it at the higher price which then forces sellers to either wait and see if it climbs or come down to the "new" price.
CO50O9h.png
Just got my first Mire Elim. Faintly bizarre feeling. 'Oh, cool, an Eliminate. Good thing I'm training in the...wait a minute...where am I again? How...oh right.' [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
Just got my first Mire Elim. Faintly bizarre feeling. 'Oh, cool, an Eliminate. Good thing I'm training in the...wait a minute...where am I again? How...oh right.'
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7