Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | They added Eliminates to the Mire
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[img]https://i.ibb.co/B3jRVdd/6-C48158-F-65-FA-4-D0-B-B85-E-12-B47-C25852-D.png[/img] Someone else (@Losina) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1419000/68#post_41320293] confirmed[/url] earlier when I did a forum search
6-C48158-F-65-FA-4-D0-B-B85-E-12-B47-C25852-D.png
Someone else (@Losina) confirmed earlier when I did a forum search
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
nice.[emoji=eliminate size=1] [size=1]Keeps an eye out for an announcement that will mention it being added[/size]
nice.

Keeps an eye out for an announcement that will mention it being added
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
[emoji=eliminate size=1] Nice to see they're working on Eliminate prices. More Elims for lower prices is always a good thing.

Nice to see they're working on Eliminate prices. More Elims for lower prices is always a good thing.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Oh, neat! This is a game changer. I wonder if it's in Crystal Pools now, too?

Edit: On second thought, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If this had come before Galore, I'd have been unambiguously happy - 600g/kt was much too high. But elims have been steady at 200g/kt since, and I fear that this might tip them into oversupply like literally every other non-egg coli drop and tank them entirely. Coli does need to have some exciting, rewarding items it can dish out, and we're already seeing some of the genes beneath 20g. Swirl eye vials sell for 4g. I'm just... unsure if demand will be able to keep up with elims-from-mire and everyone-gets-two-free-eliminates.

Like, everyone wants eliminate in order to coli profitably, but you can't coli profitably if coli doesn't drop anything valuable.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If this had come before Galore, I'd have been unambiguously happy - 600g/kt was much too high. But elims have been steady at 200g/kt since, and I fear that this might tip them into oversupply like literally every other non-egg coli drop and tank them entirely. Coli does need to have some exciting, rewarding items it can dish out, and we're already seeing some of the genes beneath 20g. Swirl eye vials sell for 4g. I'm just... unsure if demand will be able to keep up with elims-from-mire and everyone-gets-two-free-eliminates.

Like, everyone wants eliminate in order to coli profitably, but you can't coli profitably if coli doesn't drop anything valuable.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
That's lovely! I'll never have to hoard them again!
That's lovely! I'll never have to hoard them again!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Yes! Finally a reason to use the mire now :D
Yes! Finally a reason to use the mire now :D
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
What how did I not hear about it? Where is the announcement or site status update?
What how did I not hear about it? Where is the announcement or site status update?
h1p5AvZ.png
[quote name="@Laluzi" date="2019-11-18 21:04:47" ] Oh, neat! This is a game changer. I wonder if it's in Crystal Pools now, too? Edit: On second thought, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If this had come before Galore, I'd have been unambiguously happy - 600g/kt was much too high. But elims have been steady at 200g/kt since, and I fear that this might tip them into oversupply like literally every other non-egg coli drop and tank them entirely. Coli does need to have some exciting, rewarding items it can dish out, and we're already seeing some of the genes beneath 20g. Swirl eye vials sell for 4g. I'm just... unsure if demand will be able to keep up with elims-from-mire and everyone-gets-two-free-eliminates. Like, everyone wants eliminate in order to coli profitably, but you can't coli profitably if coli doesn't drop anything valuable. [/quote] Eh, Eliminate drops about as frequently as eggs (this is based on my experience as someone who barely touches Mire and mostly colis in GW and Kelp Beds, I've gotten around the same amount of each) so I don't think there's too much of a risk of oversupply. Also, the Galore elims were a one-time thing AFAIK. New players aren't gonna get that. Even if the prices do drop to those gene levels (unlikely, bc of both rarer drop and higher demand - everyone needs elims to coli, not everyone needs a Pyth/Morph/Hypnotic gene) I wouldn't be too broken up about it. Making your coli money off eggs and boss fams and stuff isn't a super reliable method given how rare the drops are - grinding for food and fodder is going to net you more money in a more predictable manner than only looking for the really rare 400g drops. Also; [quote name="@Ogrebooger" date="11-18-19 21:48:56: ] What how did I not hear about it? Where is the announcement or site status update? [/quote] There hasn't been an update yet! Someone just happened to have it drop so we know it got added to the pool. They might announce it in the next big update post they do, but who knows.
@Laluzi wrote on 2019-11-18 21:04:47:

Eh, Eliminate drops about as frequently as eggs (this is based on my experience as someone who barely touches Mire and mostly colis in GW and Kelp Beds, I've gotten around the same amount of each) so I don't think there's too much of a risk of oversupply. Also, the Galore elims were a one-time thing AFAIK. New players aren't gonna get that.

Even if the prices do drop to those gene levels (unlikely, bc of both rarer drop and higher demand - everyone needs elims to coli, not everyone needs a Pyth/Morph/Hypnotic gene) I wouldn't be too broken up about it. Making your coli money off eggs and boss fams and stuff isn't a super reliable method given how rare the drops are - grinding for food and fodder is going to net you more money in a more predictable manner than only looking for the really rare 400g drops.

Also;
@Ogrebooger wrote on "11-18-19:
There hasn't been an update yet! Someone just happened to have it drop so we know it got added to the pool. They might announce it in the next big update post they do, but who knows.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
[quote name="SwiftIsHere" date="2019-11-18 22:04:14" ] Even if the prices do drop to those gene levels (unlikely, bc of both rarer drop and higher demand - everyone needs elims to coli, not everyone needs a Pyth/Morph/Hypnotic gene) I wouldn't be too broken up about it. [/quote] Hypnotic's not a Coli gene, it's a treasure one- maybe you're thinking of the Gaoler three, Phantom/Spirit/Weathered? Otherwise I agree with you overall. The Mire already drops Rally, which is almost equally important to Elim, so being able to farm both in one spot (if GLR doesn't drop Rally, I forget) will be super nice.
SwiftIsHere wrote on 2019-11-18 22:04:14:
Even if the prices do drop to those gene levels (unlikely, bc of both rarer drop and higher demand - everyone needs elims to coli, not everyone needs a Pyth/Morph/Hypnotic gene) I wouldn't be too broken up about it.

Hypnotic's not a Coli gene, it's a treasure one- maybe you're thinking of the Gaoler three, Phantom/Spirit/Weathered?

Otherwise I agree with you overall. The Mire already drops Rally, which is almost equally important to Elim, so being able to farm both in one spot (if GLR doesn't drop Rally, I forget) will be super nice.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="@Renaiwom" date="2019-11-18 22:14:35" ] Hypnotic's not a Coli gene, it's a treasure one- maybe you're thinking of the Gaoler three, Phantom/Spirit/Weathered? Otherwise I agree with you overall. The Mire already drops Rally, which is almost equally important to Elim, so being able to farm both in one spot (if GLR doesn't drop Rally, I forget) will be super nice. [/quote] I meant the eye vial [item=Vial of Hypnotic Sight]. I... forgot that there was also a gene called Hypnotic, whoops. And oh yeah, Rally is a good point - those are still pretty expensive despite dropping from the most common fodder training/grind venue, and Elims are even more vital to an effective build, so their price will most likely stay in that range. If anything, this will just keep the prices where they are post-Galore gifting, instead of seeing them slide back up as they get scarce again.
@Renaiwom wrote on 2019-11-18 22:14:35:
Hypnotic's not a Coli gene, it's a treasure one- maybe you're thinking of the Gaoler three, Phantom/Spirit/Weathered?

Otherwise I agree with you overall. The Mire already drops Rally, which is almost equally important to Elim, so being able to farm both in one spot (if GLR doesn't drop Rally, I forget) will be super nice.

I meant the eye vial Vial of Hypnotic Sight . I... forgot that there was also a gene called Hypnotic, whoops.

And oh yeah, Rally is a good point - those are still pretty expensive despite dropping from the most common fodder training/grind venue, and Elims are even more vital to an effective build, so their price will most likely stay in that range. If anything, this will just keep the prices where they are post-Galore gifting, instead of seeing them slide back up as they get scarce again.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7