Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What have you learned since joining?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20
These are awesome, thanks for sharing!
These are awesome, thanks for sharing!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I am very much an impulse buyer and it’s hard for me to get attached to dragons. OR I get attached by dragons I never would have expected to get attached to.
I am very much an impulse buyer and it’s hard for me to get attached to dragons. OR I get attached by dragons I never would have expected to get attached to.
That its ok to not know what you want to do or who you want to be. You have so much time to figure it out at your own pace like how it takes a while to find a niche in this community that fits you.
Sometimes that takes 4 flight changes to figure out
That its ok to not know what you want to do or who you want to be. You have so much time to figure it out at your own pace like how it takes a while to find a niche in this community that fits you.
Sometimes that takes 4 flight changes to figure out
On a serious note, one of the most important thing's I've learned since joining FR is that there are still online communities that are healthy, happy and constructive! This is just amazing to me since we now live in a world where so many people use the internet as a smokescreen to hide behind as they verbally (I guess that's the best word here) abuse others. The FR community is so wonderful and I've loved watching it grow these last few years. I just wish that I could have been here from the beginning!

On a lighter note, as far as things I've learned IRL since joining.
1. In the past year I've had some medical issues pop up, they may slow me down, but they won't stop me!
2. I recently found out that I am surprisingly very good with money between college and medical bills.
3. The world won't come crashing down around you if you take a day to breathe. Sometimes you need to decompress.

As far as things I've learned on FR since joining
1. You remember how I said I am surprisingly good with money? That apparently doesn't apply here. I can try to save and it works for a while...then I get an idea and all my money disappears....
2. I am awesome at creating stories for my dragons! I'm just simultaneously terrible at writing them down...
3. I can coli in my sleep apparently. Found that out when I was training a new warrior in the Mire with two of my Mire Flyers. One minute the trainee is level 6, next thing I know I'm lifting my head up and trying to get the sleep out of my eyes, my hand is still going on the keyboard commands and the trainee is up to level 23. XD Muscle memory is an incredible thing
On a serious note, one of the most important thing's I've learned since joining FR is that there are still online communities that are healthy, happy and constructive! This is just amazing to me since we now live in a world where so many people use the internet as a smokescreen to hide behind as they verbally (I guess that's the best word here) abuse others. The FR community is so wonderful and I've loved watching it grow these last few years. I just wish that I could have been here from the beginning!

On a lighter note, as far as things I've learned IRL since joining.
1. In the past year I've had some medical issues pop up, they may slow me down, but they won't stop me!
2. I recently found out that I am surprisingly very good with money between college and medical bills.
3. The world won't come crashing down around you if you take a day to breathe. Sometimes you need to decompress.

As far as things I've learned on FR since joining
1. You remember how I said I am surprisingly good with money? That apparently doesn't apply here. I can try to save and it works for a while...then I get an idea and all my money disappears....
2. I am awesome at creating stories for my dragons! I'm just simultaneously terrible at writing them down...
3. I can coli in my sleep apparently. Found that out when I was training a new warrior in the Mire with two of my Mire Flyers. One minute the trainee is level 6, next thing I know I'm lifting my head up and trying to get the sleep out of my eyes, my hand is still going on the keyboard commands and the trainee is up to level 23. XD Muscle memory is an incredible thing
f1nYCrg.pngHu9Kcp0.pngHZwEuJT.pngBDEDrIa.pngzRRe5QB.png
JhLsbHY.pngkjHYrXU.pngx8qvdqB.pngRH6Xp0g.pngo5rqgH8.png
Basic economy and basic social skills. (Back in 2016)
Basic economy and basic social skills. (Back in 2016)
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
I learned that I can be more active in a community and still feel comfortable! I was on a number of sites that were very strict and limiting when I first began to enter the social forums of the internet, so that compounded negatively with my own anxiety about social interaction.

Even when I made my first post here on FR, I obsessively checked it to make sure everything was perfect and I wasn't coming off wrong and so on, then proceeded to have a close call with a panic/anxiety attack once I hesitantly hit the submit button. I was afraid I was going to be flamed, receive punishment, ect

I have come so far since then. I post my weird thoughts with no abandon. I even feel comfortable enough to share my art and writing here! FR has done so much for me in a social aspect, and even though I don't have any solid friends here, the friendly connections I've made and knowing there's always someone willing to listen helps so, so much. It means a lot to me, since my innteractions with others IRL tend to be few and far between. There aren't a lot of people in my area who like the same things I do.

tldr, FR is really amazing and has helped me come out of my shell! The community is just so nice compared to so many others I've been in, and I'm proud to say I'm an active player on the site <3
I learned that I can be more active in a community and still feel comfortable! I was on a number of sites that were very strict and limiting when I first began to enter the social forums of the internet, so that compounded negatively with my own anxiety about social interaction.

Even when I made my first post here on FR, I obsessively checked it to make sure everything was perfect and I wasn't coming off wrong and so on, then proceeded to have a close call with a panic/anxiety attack once I hesitantly hit the submit button. I was afraid I was going to be flamed, receive punishment, ect

I have come so far since then. I post my weird thoughts with no abandon. I even feel comfortable enough to share my art and writing here! FR has done so much for me in a social aspect, and even though I don't have any solid friends here, the friendly connections I've made and knowing there's always someone willing to listen helps so, so much. It means a lot to me, since my innteractions with others IRL tend to be few and far between. There aren't a lot of people in my area who like the same things I do.

tldr, FR is really amazing and has helped me come out of my shell! The community is just so nice compared to so many others I've been in, and I'm proud to say I'm an active player on the site <3
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I have tons of games, anime, etc that I like but don't think about much until I go out of my way to find a good name for a new perma because everything needs to be a reference, right?

It's interesting how obsessions can fade so quickly even though I don't think of myself as a fandom-hopper!
I have tons of games, anime, etc that I like but don't think about much until I go out of my way to find a good name for a new perma because everything needs to be a reference, right?

It's interesting how obsessions can fade so quickly even though I don't think of myself as a fandom-hopper!
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
I adore writing so much! I knew I enjoyed it before, but in my short 3 months here the sheer amount of exposure to lore has shown me how deeply I truly enjoy writing!

Also, I love things with very simple 2-3 colour schemes, and I really like grey and monochrome things, judging by how I react to others dragons

Finally, I know I'm so new so it's a bit weird, but I've learnt a lot more about how I think and process emotions! It might just be because I've gotten really into psychology and been asking more questions about mental health at around the same time I started but it's still cool!
I adore writing so much! I knew I enjoyed it before, but in my short 3 months here the sheer amount of exposure to lore has shown me how deeply I truly enjoy writing!

Also, I love things with very simple 2-3 colour schemes, and I really like grey and monochrome things, judging by how I react to others dragons

Finally, I know I'm so new so it's a bit weird, but I've learnt a lot more about how I think and process emotions! It might just be because I've gotten really into psychology and been asking more questions about mental health at around the same time I started but it's still cool!
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
Patience pays off. I’m so glad I waited for the right colors on my most recent finished breeding project instead of settling for “close enough.”

Also it’s nice to see the rare communities like this online that are still mostly wholesome and supportive places to be :) I’ve had more positive experiences here in the past few months than I have in years on sites/communities past.
Patience pays off. I’m so glad I waited for the right colors on my most recent finished breeding project instead of settling for “close enough.”

Also it’s nice to see the rare communities like this online that are still mostly wholesome and supportive places to be :) I’ve had more positive experiences here in the past few months than I have in years on sites/communities past.
Never be afraid to ping me!
I'm not as much of a follower as I thought I was.
I'm not as much of a follower as I thought I was.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20