Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What have you learned since joining?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
that i'm a super gay trans man with a love for very fancy edgy dragons
met my bf on fr and apparently had a gay awakening
that i'm a super gay trans man with a love for very fancy edgy dragons
met my bf on fr and apparently had a gay awakening
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!

Besides stuff such as liking G1s, liking anything RNG related, etc., I learned that its possible for me to overcome my social anxiety and actually reach out to people. When I joined FR, I avoided the forums for months as a newbie, and even when I started trying to post, I rarely did. I'm much more comfortable posting now, and interacting with people. Because of that I've met several wonderful members of the community, and made online friends that have been there when I needed it. Its what's kept me here over the years (besides the cool dragons).

Besides stuff such as liking G1s, liking anything RNG related, etc., I learned that its possible for me to overcome my social anxiety and actually reach out to people. When I joined FR, I avoided the forums for months as a newbie, and even when I started trying to post, I rarely did. I'm much more comfortable posting now, and interacting with people. Because of that I've met several wonderful members of the community, and made online friends that have been there when I needed it. Its what's kept me here over the years (besides the cool dragons).
QXokmAc.pngtumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngWEcoFAH.png
i'm more into community yelling than i thought i was lmao...
my wrists are never going to forgive me, but would suffer all over again bc met the cute gf through it?? 11/10 experience
i'm more into community yelling than i thought i was lmao...
my wrists are never going to forgive me, but would suffer all over again bc met the cute gf through it?? 11/10 experience
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
Being edgy and liking blood and gore doesn't make you an interesting person.
Being edgy and liking blood and gore doesn't make you an interesting person.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
That if I am patient enough the new apparel and also how to spell apparel.
That if I am patient enough the new apparel and also how to spell apparel.
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
[quote name="@Xhaztol" date="2019-11-18 16:42:21" ] [quote name="EeveeDream" date="2019-11-18 15:40:37" ] I love teaching giving people tools that help them in some way, like how I made the Sedona build and put together a channel in the discord I admin to help people with the coliseum. Whenever I know something, I just really want to share it. Whenever I know something helpful, especially when there is a need for the solution, I work very hard to spread it around. [/quote] Absolutely love this response. Thank you! [/quote] Of course! Thank YOU for this amazing game that has been a major part of my life these last 6 years [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Xhaztol wrote on 2019-11-18 16:42:21:
EeveeDream wrote on 2019-11-18 15:40:37:
I love teaching giving people tools that help them in some way, like how I made the Sedona build and put together a channel in the discord I admin to help people with the coliseum. Whenever I know something, I just really want to share it. Whenever I know something helpful, especially when there is a need for the solution, I work very hard to spread it around.

Absolutely love this response. Thank you!

Of course! Thank YOU for this amazing game that has been a major part of my life these last 6 years
FR has had a profound influence on my life honestly and has taught me so many things about myself and my own identity so I'm about to get sentimental for 2 minutes here... - I've learned a ton of coding work because of Flight Rising to the point where I can make complex sheets for work, and I'm even working on learning to code my own website. It's something that I turned out to really love and never would have known that I loved if FR had not exposed me to it. - I've also gotten So much better at time and project management with coordinating volunteers and such because of FR, and it's gotten me real-world jobs. I know how to set deadlines, work consistently towards goals, make those goals achievable and not overwhelming, and I also now know how and when to ask for help from others to make things happen. - I've also gotten into art and improved so much because of FR and the support of the FR community. - And then, even more importantly, FR taught me how to overcome my social anxiety, come to terms with my own identity, and make friends, especially thanks to the people over in the ice flight. I've met so many amazing people and close friends on FR in ice, many of whom I'm on an in-person basis with now. I even met my partner on Flight Rising, and flew across the world to meet them. So really like.. FR's greatest gift was Confidence [ [s]and the real treasure was the friends we made along the way[/s] ], and that's not rly something you expect to get from dragon neopets dot com when you sign up with a username that's a squid and a dragon slapped together. But five and a half years later that's where we are. Anyway... Thank you for making this site, really, [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
FR has had a profound influence on my life honestly and has taught me so many things about myself and my own identity so I'm about to get sentimental for 2 minutes here...

- I've learned a ton of coding work because of Flight Rising to the point where I can make complex sheets for work, and I'm even working on learning to code my own website. It's something that I turned out to really love and never would have known that I loved if FR had not exposed me to it.

- I've also gotten So much better at time and project management with coordinating volunteers and such because of FR, and it's gotten me real-world jobs. I know how to set deadlines, work consistently towards goals, make those goals achievable and not overwhelming, and I also now know how and when to ask for help from others to make things happen.

- I've also gotten into art and improved so much because of FR and the support of the FR community.

- And then, even more importantly, FR taught me how to overcome my social anxiety, come to terms with my own identity, and make friends, especially thanks to the people over in the ice flight.

I've met so many amazing people and close friends on FR in ice, many of whom I'm on an in-person basis with now. I even met my partner on Flight Rising, and flew across the world to meet them.

So really like.. FR's greatest gift was Confidence [ and the real treasure was the friends we made along the way ], and that's not rly something you expect to get from dragon neopets dot com when you sign up with a username that's a squid and a dragon slapped together. But five and a half years later that's where we are.

Anyway...
Thank you for making this site, really,
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
I have learned:

That I really, really, like self-imposed challenges.

That I really like Oranges and Yellows along with red

That good communities can exist on the internet.
I have learned:

That I really, really, like self-imposed challenges.

That I really like Oranges and Yellows along with red

since i have severe anxiety and depression, i learned that, simply joining in activities you'd never participate in can cheer you up! when it comes to flight rising, it's not just dragons, but it's the amazing community that taught me that you don't always need to hide in the shadows when something you want to participate in shows up! all that matters is that you have fun and learn from other people rather than being left out from activities <3 oh, also this [quote name="Rosesinger" date="2019-11-18 18:41:11" ] That good communities can exist on the internet. [/quote] i rarely ever see communities who are actually welcoming and helpful, and it makes me sad considering i love to talk about the things i enjoy. but now that i'm here, that's proven me wrong! :D
since i have severe anxiety and depression, i learned that, simply joining in activities you'd never participate in can cheer you up!
when it comes to flight rising, it's not just dragons, but it's the amazing community that taught me that you don't always need to hide in the shadows when something you want to participate in shows up! all that matters is that you have fun and learn from other people rather than being left out from activities <3

oh, also this
Rosesinger wrote on 2019-11-18 18:41:11:
i rarely ever see communities who are actually welcoming and helpful, and it makes me sad considering i love to talk about the things i enjoy. but now that i'm here, that's proven me wrong! :D
That stepping outside of my boxes and comfort zones really, genuinely isn’t what my anxiety tried to tell me it is. There can and will be people to accept and support you, and reaching out is always an option.

Also, knowing my metaphysical, emotional, and mental limits regarding the nuisances of your target audiences. As a business major, that’s really rather helpful.
That stepping outside of my boxes and comfort zones really, genuinely isn’t what my anxiety tried to tell me it is. There can and will be people to accept and support you, and reaching out is always an option.

Also, knowing my metaphysical, emotional, and mental limits regarding the nuisances of your target audiences. As a business major, that’s really rather helpful.
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20