Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you feel about scales?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm pretty new to the site and am still getting a sense of what genes are popular and which aren't. For the most part, I get it. But the scales tert is baffling me a bit?

Even the other less popular genes I've still seen pop up now and then. But I don't think I've ever seen someone use scales. I guess I could just be missing it, but I've wandered into a lot of liars and checked out the AH plenty of times and just. Never seen it. It's not like it's that expensive or anything, so what gives??

I guess I was just wondering: do you like scales? If you don't, what is it about it that doesn't work for you?
I'm pretty new to the site and am still getting a sense of what genes are popular and which aren't. For the most part, I get it. But the scales tert is baffling me a bit?

Even the other less popular genes I've still seen pop up now and then. But I don't think I've ever seen someone use scales. I guess I could just be missing it, but I've wandered into a lot of liars and checked out the AH plenty of times and just. Never seen it. It's not like it's that expensive or anything, so what gives??

I guess I was just wondering: do you like scales? If you don't, what is it about it that doesn't work for you?
Personally, I like Scales, but I just don't currently have any dragons that I want it on. I don't go out looking for specific uses and genes, so a lot of genes I like just don't end up in my lair. It's a little situational, too, and tends to make dragons Look Like other things (e.g. birds, campy superheroes), so it tends to be used more in those situations than it does for just its aesthetic value.
Personally, I like Scales, but I just don't currently have any dragons that I want it on. I don't go out looking for specific uses and genes, so a lot of genes I like just don't end up in my lair. It's a little situational, too, and tends to make dragons Look Like other things (e.g. birds, campy superheroes), so it tends to be used more in those situations than it does for just its aesthetic value.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I have a few, but I'm extremely selective about it. They are all triple obsidian dragons with metallic, so it matches up really nicely. A lot of the time though, I find it clashes a great deal. Sort of hit and miss.
I have a few, but I'm extremely selective about it. They are all triple obsidian dragons with metallic, so it matches up really nicely. A lot of the time though, I find it clashes a great deal. Sort of hit and miss.
4QFtgPW.png
Scales is super situational. If it's not used exactly right, it looks bad.
Scales is super situational. If it's not used exactly right, it looks bad.
@Leopardmask that's true, the facial part is pretty Out There (I hadn't thought of it as being a potential campy superhero mask but it totally is, that's great). I think that's what throws me about it on most breeds

@Reilata akdjshfasfhk Heartless and his Heartless army is brilliant, I adore him
@Leopardmask that's true, the facial part is pretty Out There (I hadn't thought of it as being a potential campy superhero mask but it totally is, that's great). I think that's what throws me about it on most breeds

@Reilata akdjshfasfhk Heartless and his Heartless army is brilliant, I adore him
I personally have a strong dislike to it so I don't have any dragons with it. It always makes them look angrier to me ;; but I also know that it's possible to pull it off! I'd say go with whatever your heart wants in the end though
I personally have a strong dislike to it so I don't have any dragons with it. It always makes them look angrier to me ;; but I also know that it's possible to pull it off! I'd say go with whatever your heart wants in the end though
Scales is good. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56060837] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/560609/56060837_350.png[/img] [/url]
Scales is good.

56060837_350.png
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53074651] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/530747/53074651_350.png[/img] [/url] So far, this is the only use of scales I actually like. It tends to be pretty hit or miss; I prefer more subtle tertiaries (usually) so scales with wildly different primary/secondary colors looks jarring to me.

53074651_350.png

So far, this is the only use of scales I actually like. It tends to be pretty hit or miss; I prefer more subtle tertiaries (usually) so scales with wildly different primary/secondary colors looks jarring to me.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
Scales is alright, but there's usually one part of the dragon you wish scales wasn't on. For me, that's usually the face or the side. Also, the... direction? of the scales sometimes doesn't match how the dragon's body should be angled. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=80&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=23&tertgene=15&winggene=0&wings=137&auth=143f105f91d7419e280cd8ccc00e791038f93993&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Mostly I wish scales had been an entirely different gene - something like this, with the tert as the edge color. [item=accent: rainbow scales]
Scales is alright, but there's usually one part of the dragon you wish scales wasn't on. For me, that's usually the face or the side. Also, the... direction? of the scales sometimes doesn't match how the dragon's body should be angled.

dragon?age=0&body=80&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=23&tertgene=15&winggene=0&wings=137&auth=143f105f91d7419e280cd8ccc00e791038f93993&dummyext=prev.png

Mostly I wish scales had been an entirely different gene - something like this, with the tert as the edge color. Accent: Rainbow Scales
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I don't dislike it, but I've never seen it look like it fits on a dragon? Every time I see a dragon with scales they end up looking better with another gene, even scries that were made with it in mind.
I don't dislike it, but I've never seen it look like it fits on a dragon? Every time I see a dragon with scales they end up looking better with another gene, even scries that were made with it in mind.

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8