Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the plague banner
1 2 3
I really like the banner, with the exception of the post, it... almost looks too straight to me? Which is dumb, because of course it's straight, if it wasn't straight that would be a weird banner. So I'm just going to ignore my brain being so nitpicky and use it anyways, because other than that, I love it. But I personally really like the shredded patchwork look it has, because it suits my clan's aesthetic very well. My personal idea of plague is that most of it is a kind of rough, barren wasteland full of giant skeletons, ghost towns and faded open air markets where nothing is particularly high quality because nice things get stolen and nice people don't survive, and everything has to be pieced together from whatever scraps you can find. A roughly made flag represents that 'recycle everything, from your hat to your dead neighbor' idea. (However I also headcanon that there's a sizeable area of Plague that is quite civilized and full of cities that are on the cutting edge of technology where all the greatest medical research takes place)

All that being said, I can see why people wouldn't like it, and why people might not like the implication that everything in Plague is ramshackle.
I really like the banner, with the exception of the post, it... almost looks too straight to me? Which is dumb, because of course it's straight, if it wasn't straight that would be a weird banner. So I'm just going to ignore my brain being so nitpicky and use it anyways, because other than that, I love it. But I personally really like the shredded patchwork look it has, because it suits my clan's aesthetic very well. My personal idea of plague is that most of it is a kind of rough, barren wasteland full of giant skeletons, ghost towns and faded open air markets where nothing is particularly high quality because nice things get stolen and nice people don't survive, and everything has to be pieced together from whatever scraps you can find. A roughly made flag represents that 'recycle everything, from your hat to your dead neighbor' idea. (However I also headcanon that there's a sizeable area of Plague that is quite civilized and full of cities that are on the cutting edge of technology where all the greatest medical research takes place)

All that being said, I can see why people wouldn't like it, and why people might not like the implication that everything in Plague is ramshackle.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I really like the patchy look. It fits the tattered and torn/worn theme for all the fighting and stuff. I think it's neat
I really like the patchy look. It fits the tattered and torn/worn theme for all the fighting and stuff. I think it's neat
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
This is pure nitpicking, I just wish the post part had some variation to it and wasn't a clear straight copy-paste of the vertebrae
This is pure nitpicking, I just wish the post part had some variation to it and wasn't a clear straight copy-paste of the vertebrae
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I love the flag/fabric part! however its true that a carved bone or a curve post would be better for the pole
I love the flag/fabric part! however its true that a carved bone or a curve post would be better for the pole
[quote name="Johan" date="2019-10-27 11:17:03" ] I love the flag/fabric part! however its true that a carved bone or a curve post would be better for the pole [/quote] This. Except while I wish it’s pole was different it’s not TOO big a deal. I love it so much! My plague girl is gonna rock all this crap!
Johan wrote on 2019-10-27 11:17:03:
This. Except while I wish it’s pole was different it’s not TOO big a deal. I love it so much! My plague girl is gonna rock all this crap!
TBD
It's like meat wreath 2.0, lol.

I love the banner itself! I just agree with everyone else that something more sleek and usual for the post would have been nice. Like even the top of it without the meat part would have been awesome. That's almost what I pictured it would look like before. But hey, what can you do. The art's not bad and the concept is interesting!

I love the banner itself! I just agree with everyone else that something more sleek and usual for the post would have been nice. Like even the top of it without the meat part would have been awesome. That's almost what I pictured it would look like before. But hey, what can you do. The art's not bad and the concept is interesting!
[quote name="Maelstrym" date="2019-10-27 11:39:44" ] It's like meat wreath 2.0, lol. [/quote] meat stick
Maelstrym wrote on 2019-10-27 11:39:44:

meat stick
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I personally thought the standards were really weak after the halos anyway

I like the patchiness of this one, though.
I personally thought the standards were really weak after the halos anyway

I like the patchiness of this one, though.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I love that it's a tattered banner on a spine with spiky bits.

Slapped that right on.

Slapped that right on.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="Reilata" date="2019-10-27 11:49:13" ] I love that it's a tattered banner on a spine with spiky bits. Slapped that right on. [/quote] Honestly plague is just mad max with a few extra limbs
Reilata wrote on 2019-10-27 11:49:13:

Slapped that right on.

Honestly plague is just mad max with a few extra limbs
1 2 3