Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed concept - Plains Walker
1 2 3 4 5
[url=https://ibb.co/NYpBCqb][img]https://i.ibb.co/zfbvxgD/F040-C2-A3-88-F3-4-A54-AEA1-FBF8-F249-FDD6.jpg[/img][/url] (Yes, the image quality is bad, I'll probs make a digital version later. I may also simplify it. I just love drawing scales.) [b]Rarity: [/b] -Common -Ancient [b]Breeding Cooldown: [/b] -20 Days [b]Diet:[/b] Meat [b] Overview:[/b] The Plains Walker is a mighty dragon, originating from the shattered plain. And majority of the population still calls the plains their home. [b]Physical Attributes:[/b] This enormous dragon was, and still is one of the largest dragons in the land. Due to their immense size and heavy bulk, they are capable of flying, but prefer not to. Instead, they walk around the barren fields in search of water and meat. Plains walkers do not hunt, instead they bully other creatures off of already dead corpses. They can go for weeks without food and water, and are capable of storing water inside of their large tails. Plains walkers are also covered in razor sharp armored scales, and spines. They can shoot out their spines like a porcupine. [b]Social:[/b] Plains walkers are mostly solitary. But whenever they are with another dragon, chances are it is with their mate. These dragons mate for life, and therefore must be picky when choosing a partner. During the correct time, male dune walkers will head out to search for the much larger females. When encountering a female, he will present her with a gift, such as precious gems. Or the corpse of an opposing male. When two males come across the same female, the encounter almost always ends in bloodshed. Most Plains Walker deaths are caused by eachother. [b]Lairs:[/b] Plains walker lairs are very simply. They will use their oversized arms and claws to scrape out a lair in the ground. The lairs are decorated with various scraps, and bones they find while exploring the wilderness. [b]Tactics:[/b] Plains walkers fight alone, or alongside their partner. They don't have much of a strategy in combat, use their size, and massive powerful claws to ruthlessly beat down attackers. Their large tails, and sharp spines/scales are also formidable weapons. Plains walkers almost always fight tooth and claw, casters are few and far between.
F040-C2-A3-88-F3-4-A54-AEA1-FBF8-F249-FDD6.jpg
(Yes, the image quality is bad, I'll probs make a digital version later. I may also simplify it. I just love drawing scales.)

Rarity:
-Common
-Ancient
Breeding Cooldown:
-20 Days
Diet:
Meat

Overview:

The Plains Walker is a mighty dragon, originating from the shattered plain. And majority of the population still calls the plains their home.

Physical Attributes:
This enormous dragon was, and still is one of the largest dragons in the land. Due to their immense size and heavy bulk, they are capable of flying, but prefer not to. Instead, they walk around the barren fields in search of water and meat. Plains walkers do not hunt, instead they bully other creatures off of already dead corpses. They can go for weeks without food and water, and are capable of storing water inside of their large tails. Plains walkers are also covered in razor sharp armored scales, and spines. They can shoot out their spines like a porcupine.

Social:
Plains walkers are mostly solitary. But whenever they are with another dragon, chances are it is with their mate. These dragons mate for life, and therefore must be picky when choosing a partner. During the correct time, male dune walkers will head out to search for the much larger females. When encountering a female, he will present her with a gift, such as precious gems. Or the corpse of an opposing male. When two males come across the same female, the encounter almost always ends in bloodshed. Most Plains Walker deaths are caused by eachother.

Lairs:
Plains walker lairs are very simply. They will use their oversized arms and claws to scrape out a lair in the ground. The lairs are decorated with various scraps, and bones they find while exploring the wilderness.

Tactics:
Plains walkers fight alone, or alongside their partner. They don't have much of a strategy in combat, use their size, and massive powerful claws to ruthlessly beat down attackers. Their large tails, and sharp spines/scales are also formidable weapons. Plains walkers almost always fight tooth and claw, casters are few and far between.
I love reading all these ideas for new Ancients! Its really exciting the community and I love it
I love reading all these ideas for new Ancients! Its really exciting the community and I love it
OjYCOIV.pngCE9WWvL.png V9KyMGZ.png
dinosaur boy!!! i love him! also that art is amazing
dinosaur boy!!! i love him! also that art is amazing
IMG_8704.png
Are you like a professional artist or something?
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
CHUMNKY ARMS on cHUMNKY LADS. Oh boi, what a good concept. That art is fantastic, I miss drawing on paper and adding so many details...

Anyway, seeing that they theoretically murder each other, how does that work in Draconic society? Wouldn't it be illegal to kill another dragon person, just like it works for humans? I get that they're Ancients so they might operate on a different social structure, like other non-human apes do, but how would other people react to that? Are they even on same social, conceptual and theological intelligence levels as modern breeds since we know that the rest of Dragonkind has an intelligence type similar to humans? I'm just asking because I'd love to know since allowing murder in a civilised society is a bit tricky!
CHUMNKY ARMS on cHUMNKY LADS. Oh boi, what a good concept. That art is fantastic, I miss drawing on paper and adding so many details...

Anyway, seeing that they theoretically murder each other, how does that work in Draconic society? Wouldn't it be illegal to kill another dragon person, just like it works for humans? I get that they're Ancients so they might operate on a different social structure, like other non-human apes do, but how would other people react to that? Are they even on same social, conceptual and theological intelligence levels as modern breeds since we know that the rest of Dragonkind has an intelligence type similar to humans? I'm just asking because I'd love to know since allowing murder in a civilised society is a bit tricky!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-10-16 12:53:11" ] CHUMNKY ARMS on cHUMNKY LADS. Oh boi, what a good concept. That art is fantastic, I miss drawing on paper and adding so many details... Anyway, seeing that they theoretically murder each other, how does that work in Draconic society? Wouldn't it be illegal to kill another dragon person, just like it works for humans? I get that they're Ancients so they might operate on a different social structure, like other non-human apes do, but how would other people react to that? Are they even on same social, conceptual and theological intelligence levels as modern breeds since we know that the rest of Dragonkind has an intelligence type similar to humans? I'm just asking because I'd love to know since allowing murder in a civilised society is a bit tricky! [/quote] You're not wrong actually. I love the natural world, and I often think of real animals when writing the behaviors for fictional ones. I was thinking of these guys as an extremely primitive species. And therefore have primitive behaviors and mindsets. Not really thought about how they would integrate with everyone else. Who knows. Maybe they're outcasted for being a bunch of meanie heads. Or maybe not even treated as dragonkind. Like how humans don't consider apes human, and treat them as wildlife. Food for thought.
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-10-16 12:53:11:

You're not wrong actually. I love the natural world, and I often think of real animals when writing the behaviors for fictional ones. I was thinking of these guys as an extremely primitive species. And therefore have primitive behaviors and mindsets. Not really thought about how they would integrate with everyone else. Who knows. Maybe they're outcasted for being a bunch of meanie heads. Or maybe not even treated as dragonkind. Like how humans don't consider apes human, and treat them as wildlife.

Food for thought.
[quote name="RabidWhovian" date="2019-10-16 12:52:35" ] Are you like a professional artist or something? [/quote] Naw.
RabidWhovian wrote on 2019-10-16 12:52:35:

Naw.
CACTUS BOI!

Gosh, i love the design, tho a shorter, thicker tale would be my preference, but i am not a prickly pear ;DDD
CACTUS BOI!

Gosh, i love the design, tho a shorter, thicker tale would be my preference, but i am not a prickly pear ;DDD
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[quote name="Yuubi" date="2019-10-16 12:57:22" ] CACTUS BOI! Gosh, i love the design, tho a shorter, thicker tale would be my preference, but i am not a prickly pear ;DDD [/quote] As much as I'd love to do that too, he's a very front heavy boi, and needs a big tail to balance that out lol.
Yuubi wrote on 2019-10-16 12:57:22:
CACTUS BOI!

As much as I'd love to do that too, he's a very front heavy boi, and needs a big tail to balance that out lol.
he L O R G E amd S T R O N K

what a lad
he L O R G E amd S T R O N K

what a lad
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
1 2 3 4 5