Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 197 198
so I open my Edge browser to do my baldwins and I keep being redirected to a "google" search page.. once or twice I thought maybe I hit a button but it has happened 4 times now

browser - edge
platform - windows 10

screen shot of image code http://puu.sh/EXeGC/f7e4453491.png
so I open my Edge browser to do my baldwins and I keep being redirected to a "google" search page.. once or twice I thought maybe I hit a button but it has happened 4 times now

browser - edge
platform - windows 10

screen shot of image code http://puu.sh/EXeGC/f7e4453491.png
[quote name="ThatSinfulLiar" date="2020-01-05 18:26:17" ] Several times now while going about my daily business on the site while using Microsoft Edge, I've been redirected to a website without clicking anything, thus ripping me away from whatever I'm doing. The following image is of this site. The site is accompanied with a loud and shrill tone. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620742962326011949/663563629768998934/unknown.png[/img] I have encountered this three times now, all leading back to the same website. Note, there is no warning of when this happens as, the moment that any page on Flight Rising loads, there is a chance that it will drag me to this scam of a website, not allowing me to look for a specific ad that could be redirecting me to the website. [b]Edit[/b] I encountered another website with the same gist as the first. Sudden redirection to it followed by a shrill tone. This tone even tends to continue after closing the tab. It stops only when you completely close the window. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620742962326011949/663578005502820382/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] If it's happening to other sites, it's probably the browser. I'd advise switching to either Firefox or Chrome.
ThatSinfulLiar wrote on 2020-01-05 18:26:17:
Several times now while going about my daily business on the site while using Microsoft Edge, I've been redirected to a website without clicking anything, thus ripping me away from whatever I'm doing. The following image is of this site. The site is accompanied with a loud and shrill tone.

unknown.png

I have encountered this three times now, all leading back to the same website. Note, there is no warning of when this happens as, the moment that any page on Flight Rising loads, there is a chance that it will drag me to this scam of a website, not allowing me to look for a specific ad that could be redirecting me to the website.

Edit
I encountered another website with the same gist as the first. Sudden redirection to it followed by a shrill tone. This tone even tends to continue after closing the tab. It stops only when you completely close the window.

unknown.png
If it's happening to other sites, it's probably the browser. I'd advise switching to either Firefox or Chrome.
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
I was told to report this issue here. Original bug report that I did: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2805426/1#post_41861734

Here's a copy and paste of what I posted there:
Quote:
So, for some reason, there are times when I click on something that should take me to another part of Flight Rising, but instead it takes me to another website that my Norton Security blocks. It says it blocked an attack by a fake tech help website or something like that. It did this last night when I was doing something in other tabs/apps as well, and I accidently closed the tab thinking it was on a different tab than my open Flight Rising tab, and when I created a new tab to reopen Flight Rising a few minutes ago, it did it twice from the click thing. That I know of, it's only this website, and not something on my computer.

If this is truly malware, I worry for the safety of players' information, especially those who use/have used real money to purchase stuff. I hope this is fixable.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense. Please ping me if you have any questions.

Edit: It just did it again and I got a screenshot this time. Will edit this post again with the imgur link in a minute.

Edit 2: Here's the imgur link: https://imgur.com/8ZGpskl

Edit 3: So, it just did it again, and I realized it doesn't just do it when I click something. Sometimes, it's completely random and it does it out of the blue.

Just before I was told to post it here, it did it yet again and I wasn't even on this tab. I was on a completely different tab/website.

I use the Edge Browser on my Windows 10 laptop, by the way.

Edit: After reading some of the other posts about this loud screeching noise redirect thing, I'm thinking it may be that one, but I have earbuds plugged in but not in my ears, so if it happens again, I'll stick the earbud in my ear, but I doubt I'll hear anything since my Norton blocks the website I'm redirected to anyways.

Edit 2: It just did it again, but this time it said my flash player might be out of date. Norton didn't block it this time, but I don't know if that's cuz I am currently running a scan, or if it wasn't the same redirect, or if it was something else. I did put my earbud in my ear and didn't hear anything.

Edit 3: Security scan complete. No security threat was found.
I was told to report this issue here. Original bug report that I did: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2805426/1#post_41861734

Here's a copy and paste of what I posted there:
Quote:
So, for some reason, there are times when I click on something that should take me to another part of Flight Rising, but instead it takes me to another website that my Norton Security blocks. It says it blocked an attack by a fake tech help website or something like that. It did this last night when I was doing something in other tabs/apps as well, and I accidently closed the tab thinking it was on a different tab than my open Flight Rising tab, and when I created a new tab to reopen Flight Rising a few minutes ago, it did it twice from the click thing. That I know of, it's only this website, and not something on my computer.

If this is truly malware, I worry for the safety of players' information, especially those who use/have used real money to purchase stuff. I hope this is fixable.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense. Please ping me if you have any questions.

Edit: It just did it again and I got a screenshot this time. Will edit this post again with the imgur link in a minute.

Edit 2: Here's the imgur link: https://imgur.com/8ZGpskl

Edit 3: So, it just did it again, and I realized it doesn't just do it when I click something. Sometimes, it's completely random and it does it out of the blue.

Just before I was told to post it here, it did it yet again and I wasn't even on this tab. I was on a completely different tab/website.

I use the Edge Browser on my Windows 10 laptop, by the way.

Edit: After reading some of the other posts about this loud screeching noise redirect thing, I'm thinking it may be that one, but I have earbuds plugged in but not in my ears, so if it happens again, I'll stick the earbud in my ear, but I doubt I'll hear anything since my Norton blocks the website I'm redirected to anyways.

Edit 2: It just did it again, but this time it said my flash player might be out of date. Norton didn't block it this time, but I don't know if that's cuz I am currently running a scan, or if it wasn't the same redirect, or if it was something else. I did put my earbud in my ear and didn't hear anything.

Edit 3: Security scan complete. No security threat was found.
Queen Elsa of Arendelle
Tumblr: rileysfs.tumblr.com
AO3: RileySFS
Discord: QueenElsa#0842

Please read my clan profile for further information and/or to see my projects.
I'm getting the same set of redirects as reported above: Flash Player out of Date, Possible Phishing Site (that came from my ESET Protction), and Google Search Page.

I'm on a Surface 2, Windows 10, Microsoft Edge. And I always have the volume muted, so I have no idea if it is making noise at the same time.

It appears to be completely random: Its happened in the Coli, on my Lair Page, in a specific dragon's page ("Spinel," in the "Mating Cave" was the latest, if that matters) when I was feeding my Dragons while on my Main Lair Page, in the Fairgrounds, and on the Trading Post Main Page.

Apologies for not having a screenshot. I don't have a good grasp of how to use Snip.
I'm getting the same set of redirects as reported above: Flash Player out of Date, Possible Phishing Site (that came from my ESET Protction), and Google Search Page.

I'm on a Surface 2, Windows 10, Microsoft Edge. And I always have the volume muted, so I have no idea if it is making noise at the same time.

It appears to be completely random: Its happened in the Coli, on my Lair Page, in a specific dragon's page ("Spinel," in the "Mating Cave" was the latest, if that matters) when I was feeding my Dragons while on my Main Lair Page, in the Fairgrounds, and on the Trading Post Main Page.

Apologies for not having a screenshot. I don't have a good grasp of how to use Snip.
fw5Pc0h.png
This started happening to me about a week ago. It just happened again and decided to come here, just to see that I'm not the only one. I am in the exact same boat. I'm on Windows 10, Edge, and I do not use Norton. The url started with cntresisis.info. (For safety reasons obviously, I will not post the full link). My browser wouldn't let me access the coding part. And this is ONLY happening to me on FR. Every other site I go to is just fine. No redirects like this. [quote name="ViperaUnion" date="2020-01-06 21:49:09" ] [quote name="ThatSinfulLiar" date="2020-01-05 18:26:17" ] Several times now while going about my daily business on the site while using Microsoft Edge, I've been redirected to a website without clicking anything, thus ripping me away from whatever I'm doing. The following image is of this site. The site is accompanied with a loud and shrill tone. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620742962326011949/663563629768998934/unknown.png[/img] I have encountered this three times now, all leading back to the same website. Note, there is no warning of when this happens as, the moment that any page on Flight Rising loads, there is a chance that it will drag me to this scam of a website, not allowing me to look for a specific ad that could be redirecting me to the website. [b]Edit[/b] I encountered another website with the same gist as the first. Sudden redirection to it followed by a shrill tone. This tone even tends to continue after closing the tab. It stops only when you completely close the window. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620742962326011949/663578005502820382/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] I hurry up and close windows when I get redirect ads like this, but I've also been encountering the thing. I run on Windows 10 and use Microsoft Edge. I do not use Norton. [/quote] Edit: This just started happening a few days ago. [quote name="Kaibutsu" date="2020-01-05 10:01:00" ] Something else I wanna note- my FR tabs keep switching to google? I just exit out of them when that happens bc that's really sketchy but yeah [/quote] Edit 2: I also noticed that every time this ad appears on my screen, the screen will jump down to it (sometimes I'm even directed somewhere else like something mentioned above). So whenever I see this ad, I try to click to something different before it does something if it feels like it. Also when I hovered my mouse over it, the url that faded up didn't mention the advertisement brand at all. [img]https://i.imgur.com/0Xh1hFQ.png[/img]
This started happening to me about a week ago. It just happened again and decided to come here, just to see that I'm not the only one. I am in the exact same boat. I'm on Windows 10, Edge, and I do not use Norton. The url started with cntresisis.info. (For safety reasons obviously, I will not post the full link). My browser wouldn't let me access the coding part.

And this is ONLY happening to me on FR. Every other site I go to is just fine. No redirects like this.
ViperaUnion wrote on 2020-01-06 21:49:09:
ThatSinfulLiar wrote on 2020-01-05 18:26:17:
Several times now while going about my daily business on the site while using Microsoft Edge, I've been redirected to a website without clicking anything, thus ripping me away from whatever I'm doing. The following image is of this site. The site is accompanied with a loud and shrill tone.

unknown.png

I have encountered this three times now, all leading back to the same website. Note, there is no warning of when this happens as, the moment that any page on Flight Rising loads, there is a chance that it will drag me to this scam of a website, not allowing me to look for a specific ad that could be redirecting me to the website.

Edit
I encountered another website with the same gist as the first. Sudden redirection to it followed by a shrill tone. This tone even tends to continue after closing the tab. It stops only when you completely close the window.

unknown.png

I hurry up and close windows when I get redirect ads like this, but I've also been encountering the thing. I run on Windows 10 and use Microsoft Edge.

I do not use Norton.

Edit: This just started happening a few days ago.
Kaibutsu wrote on 2020-01-05 10:01:00:
Something else I wanna note- my FR tabs keep switching to google? I just exit out of them when that happens bc that's really sketchy but yeah

Edit 2:

I also noticed that every time this ad appears on my screen, the screen will jump down to it (sometimes I'm even directed somewhere else like something mentioned above). So whenever I see this ad, I try to click to something different before it does something if it feels like it.

Also when I hovered my mouse over it, the url that faded up didn't mention the advertisement brand at all.

0Xh1hFQ.png
zWzF1AM.pngUmduLZ1.pngW26Aw3M.png
Same as above.

If I am idle on a FR page for any length of time the page will either suddenly scroll down to show the bottom adds fully and or be redirected to another site. Happens on mine and my wifes computers. First noticed the scrolling a few days ago and the redirects for me started the last couple of days.

Has not happened with any other site that I visit.

Win 10 and edge
Same as above.

If I am idle on a FR page for any length of time the page will either suddenly scroll down to show the bottom adds fully and or be redirected to another site. Happens on mine and my wifes computers. First noticed the scrolling a few days ago and the redirects for me started the last couple of days.

Has not happened with any other site that I visit.

Win 10 and edge
I have been having the same issues as described above. I have not gotten a screenshot and for that I apologize, but I generally close out of the window as soon as possible and the thought of getting a picture never crosses my mind.

I noticed earlier today that it is only this website that I experience this with.

Additional details: I have Windows 10 on my computer and access Flight Rising through Microsoft Edge.
I have been having the same issues as described above. I have not gotten a screenshot and for that I apologize, but I generally close out of the window as soon as possible and the thought of getting a picture never crosses my mind.

I noticed earlier today that it is only this website that I experience this with.

Additional details: I have Windows 10 on my computer and access Flight Rising through Microsoft Edge.
mZeSXZC.png
This has been happening to me today as well. It occurs on random pages, some resulting from clicking an alert link, others from loading in a new page. It must be some floating hidden ad or malware? It's not isolated to anything specific, seems random.
It keeps saying the webpage has been blocked to protect me from malware or viruses, and then that pop up keeps reloading until I change webpages.
Might be Microsoft Edge/Windows 10
This has been happening to me today as well. It occurs on random pages, some resulting from clicking an alert link, others from loading in a new page. It must be some floating hidden ad or malware? It's not isolated to anything specific, seems random.
It keeps saying the webpage has been blocked to protect me from malware or viruses, and then that pop up keeps reloading until I change webpages.
Might be Microsoft Edge/Windows 10
1st Gen Wanted: Obsidian/any/White-Ice

Formerly known as: konanesta

Hatchery: Celestial G2 Imps
I have the same issue has mentioned above, and it appears to only happen on FR. My browser and computer are completely updated so I truly believe it's got something to do with FR only.
I have the same issue has mentioned above, and it appears to only happen on FR. My browser and computer are completely updated so I truly believe it's got something to do with FR only.
0gqs.jpg

pugaOfm.png

utMivob.png
exact same thing has been happening to myself as well. I am also using Windows 10 and Edge browser. So far it has only happened on Flight Rising.
exact same thing has been happening to myself as well. I am also using Windows 10 and Edge browser. So far it has only happened on Flight Rising.
011F_Custom.png 013F_Custom.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 197 198