Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Thought About Exalting
1 2
When a clan moves to a different flight, all of its exalts are retroactively made to be serving the deity of the new flight.

How do the exalted dragons feel when something like this happens? Does their old god send a formal letter like, "Due to a decision made by your clanmates that remain on the material plane, you are henceforth going to work for the Arcanist, clear out your desks" or do they just wake up in the new realm with no memory of their previous servitude as if it had never happened?

For some reason, the implications of such didn't occur to me until recently and now it's driving me nuts.
When a clan moves to a different flight, all of its exalts are retroactively made to be serving the deity of the new flight.

How do the exalted dragons feel when something like this happens? Does their old god send a formal letter like, "Due to a decision made by your clanmates that remain on the material plane, you are henceforth going to work for the Arcanist, clear out your desks" or do they just wake up in the new realm with no memory of their previous servitude as if it had never happened?

For some reason, the implications of such didn't occur to me until recently and now it's driving me nuts.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Personally, I ignore that change because I don't think it makes a lick of sense.
Personally, I ignore that change because I don't think it makes a lick of sense.
td9UiZS.png
Considering exalts canonicaly are still alive and work in the world ... lairs that exalt a lot of dragons would have entire armies just up and switching sides if they actually changed their alliance. An entire warfront abruptly defects or turns around.

... they probably don't actually change to another allegiance, as they left to serve the army and you don't have control over their lives anymore. Since this would be a Big Problem otherwise.
Considering exalts canonicaly are still alive and work in the world ... lairs that exalt a lot of dragons would have entire armies just up and switching sides if they actually changed their alliance. An entire warfront abruptly defects or turns around.

... they probably don't actually change to another allegiance, as they left to serve the army and you don't have control over their lives anymore. Since this would be a Big Problem otherwise.
4QFtgPW.png
On some level I want to believe they go 'clan/tribe/family first, god second' and just leave to show up another god's door. (tho that's what mine would do)
I like the idea of the letterr tho! XD
On some level I want to believe they go 'clan/tribe/family first, god second' and just leave to show up another god's door. (tho that's what mine would do)
I like the idea of the letterr tho! XD
@EmpyreaSol

A form letter would definitely be something that the Stormcatcher would do. I fear someone like the Arcanist would just teleport the defecting exaltees into the frontlines of the armies of their new overlord / overlady.
@EmpyreaSol

A form letter would definitely be something that the Stormcatcher would do. I fear someone like the Arcanist would just teleport the defecting exaltees into the frontlines of the armies of their new overlord / overlady.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@Iokharic I can totally see those two doing that!

Alternatively, Arcanist might just not notice because he's busy.
(I love Spacedad, he gave me a goat on the day I left for Light.)
@Iokharic I can totally see those two doing that!

Alternatively, Arcanist might just not notice because he's busy.
(I love Spacedad, he gave me a goat on the day I left for Light.)
I think the day I left Lightning my entire army of exalts had a party like WOOOOOO WE GET DAYS OFF NOW
I think the day I left Lightning my entire army of exalts had a party like WOOOOOO WE GET DAYS OFF NOW
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Ern" date="2019-09-02 16:13:16" ] Personally, I ignore that change because I don't think it makes a lick of sense. [/quote] ^^ same Thought the thought of over 1k+ exalted dragons just packing up and clamouring to a new diety if i move is pretty funny to me for some reason :p
Ern wrote on 2019-09-02 16:13:16:
^^ same
Thought the thought of over 1k+ exalted dragons just packing up and clamouring to a new diety if i move is pretty funny to me for some reason :p
Skin Shop
I had no idea that happened! Wow! I'd like to formally apologize to the Gladekeeper.
I had no idea that happened! Wow! I'd like to formally apologize to the Gladekeeper.
I'm pretty sure that in Arcane, we just load them into a trebuchet then send them off to their new flight like this. [img]https://j.gifs.com/ygd4pV.gif[/img]
I'm pretty sure that in Arcane, we just load them into a trebuchet then send them off to their new flight like this.

ygd4pV.gif
qDavPTk.png
1 2