Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hours+ Coli Grinders: How do you do it?
1 2 3 4
just watch a movie or youtube on the side. i open two browser windows for it.
its actually better for me than just sitting and doing nothing. not always but yeah.
edit: like when im watching stuff i just dont have the patience sometimes so its nice to do coli with my hands.
just watch a movie or youtube on the side. i open two browser windows for it.
its actually better for me than just sitting and doing nothing. not always but yeah.
edit: like when im watching stuff i just dont have the patience sometimes so its nice to do coli with my hands.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
I usually catch up on some series or listen to music while I grind. The anticipation of a good drop keeps me going :')
I usually catch up on some series or listen to music while I grind. The anticipation of a good drop keeps me going :')
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
I watch YouTube. As many others mentioned lol

If my eyes can watch: game play throughs. I was watching vis novels
If I'm only listening: podcasts or music. I've been getting into The Adventure Zone, a DnD podcast
I watch YouTube. As many others mentioned lol

If my eyes can watch: game play throughs. I was watching vis novels
If I'm only listening: podcasts or music. I've been getting into The Adventure Zone, a DnD podcast
3u37mIB.png
[quote name="fistfulofdragons" date="2019-08-06 12:53:43" ] @SkralDrog I put two windows next to each other, so splitscreen I guess? I make one window juuust wide enough for the coli window to fit, and then a window with youtube or whatever takes up the rest of the space. I leave my pointer over where the "fight on" button shows up. I do have to move the pointer when there's a captcha, but otherwise I just rest my hands on the keys I use and let autopilot take over. And the windows are right next to each other so looking back and forth isn't jarring. [/quote]
fistfulofdragons wrote on 2019-08-06 12:53:43:
@SkralDrog I put two windows next to each other, so splitscreen I guess? I make one window juuust wide enough for the coli window to fit, and then a window with youtube or whatever takes up the rest of the space. I leave my pointer over where the "fight on" button shows up. I do have to move the pointer when there's a captcha, but otherwise I just rest my hands on the keys I use and let autopilot take over. And the windows are right next to each other so looking back and forth isn't jarring.
I coli when I'm putting the toddler to bed. Getting up 5654663 times a night to put a toddler to bed is more tolerable when you have something to do that can take with you and pause easily.

I also coli when riding in the car. It gives my hands something to do.
I coli when I'm putting the toddler to bed. Getting up 5654663 times a night to put a toddler to bed is more tolerable when you have something to do that can take with you and pause easily.

I also coli when riding in the car. It gives my hands something to do.
"You don't need a reason to help someone "
~Zidane Tribal
I just reached level 25 with my first dragon, yay! So I've put in a few hours today...when I'm home, I battle on my laptop and play a video on my phone next to my monitor; at work, I battle on my phone and just play a podcast in the background. Today I've been watching Royal Institution lectures. The current one is "The Wondrous World of Perovskites with Mike Glazer" and I've found it to be extremely engrossing to the point that I almost forgot I was even battling...but you might have to be an insufferably boring nerd like me to enjoy that haha. I'd simply advise you to find something you think is super duper interesting to distract you from the grind...I figure that's really the only thing for it. And maybe take little breaks once in a while to peruse the forums (hey that's what I'm doing right now) or work on some other project for a bit to break up the monotony.

ETA: So far, most of my battling did occur during the Thundercrack Carnivale and I must admit it was a lot more fun when I was finding sprockets. So maybe try to do most of your battling during festivals if the normal rewards aren't enough to keep you interested.
I just reached level 25 with my first dragon, yay! So I've put in a few hours today...when I'm home, I battle on my laptop and play a video on my phone next to my monitor; at work, I battle on my phone and just play a podcast in the background. Today I've been watching Royal Institution lectures. The current one is "The Wondrous World of Perovskites with Mike Glazer" and I've found it to be extremely engrossing to the point that I almost forgot I was even battling...but you might have to be an insufferably boring nerd like me to enjoy that haha. I'd simply advise you to find something you think is super duper interesting to distract you from the grind...I figure that's really the only thing for it. And maybe take little breaks once in a while to peruse the forums (hey that's what I'm doing right now) or work on some other project for a bit to break up the monotony.

ETA: So far, most of my battling did occur during the Thundercrack Carnivale and I must admit it was a lot more fun when I was finding sprockets. So maybe try to do most of your battling during festivals if the normal rewards aren't enough to keep you interested.
8eQDIbk.png
I have dual monitors so I keep the coli open on one monitor and binge watch series on Netflix/Amazon Prime on the other. Or if I don't feel like watching anything, I queue up Corpse Husband on YouTube. Being terrified motivates me [emoji=spiral winking size=1]
I have dual monitors so I keep the coli open on one monitor and binge watch series on Netflix/Amazon Prime on the other. Or if I don't feel like watching anything, I queue up Corpse Husband on YouTube. Being terrified motivates me
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
yeah the coli isn't really that engaging so don't feel bad about not being able to focus. it's Boring.

But I like to either listen to podcasts while i'm grinding or if i'm on my laptop I open another tab and watch videos while in the coli. The key is to focus on something else while grinding
yeah the coli isn't really that engaging so don't feel bad about not being able to focus. it's Boring.

But I like to either listen to podcasts while i'm grinding or if i'm on my laptop I open another tab and watch videos while in the coli. The key is to focus on something else while grinding
b475fdbf7abba9d7392a9af135ba67132dcc1c0f.gif

guy / +2 FRT / 25
forum pings on
I open Youtube and listen to things that'll stimulate the bored part of my brain while I space out in coli
I open Youtube and listen to things that'll stimulate the bored part of my brain while I space out in coli
Can't you hear the bells singing along?
You all hear it on the radio
Can't you see the hero coming home?
Can't you hear the bells
677.png967.png23821.png
Bind Eliminate to D.

Rapidfire click A D Q W E Q W E, repeat A D Q W E Q W E.

A to initiate attack. If you click to fast, and the first key that registers is D, your dragon just defends, no biggie.
D picks eliminate if it has enough breath. If it does, then you attack down the line of enemies (Q W E). The second set of Q W E does nothing.
If not enough breath for eliminate, the first Q W do nothing, E selects scratch, and then you attack down the line (Q W E) with scratch.

It's rhythmic, and fairly easy to hit without looking. I watch TV and glance at the screen every 30 seconds or so, so I'm more focused on the NOT-grinding thing than I am coli.

Occasionally you get a boss or dodgey enemy that throws off your eliminates and loses breath, but that's when E will pick scratch for you. Or you get a mob of 4 and have to hit R in there are few times to eliminate that enemy before going on. But most mobs are going to be defeated in "ad qwe qwe ad qwe qwe ad qwe qwe" once you've gotten your breath up.

I don't usually grind in places where I have to worry about paying attention to dragons dying, I try and pick places where even just using scratch can defeat all the enemies before they get an attack in so there's little to no chance of me taking any sort of damage barring a lot of dodges.

I also empty my hoard to my vault before grinding and don't look at drops between battles, I wait until the very end of when I'm fed up and only then actually check my hoard. It looks nicer to get a big pile instead of 500 small piles, and if you know you started with an empty hoard, then everything you've got now was your spoils!

I think the longest I ever coli'd was watching like two and a half harry potter movies on TV back to back.
Bind Eliminate to D.

Rapidfire click A D Q W E Q W E, repeat A D Q W E Q W E.

A to initiate attack. If you click to fast, and the first key that registers is D, your dragon just defends, no biggie.
D picks eliminate if it has enough breath. If it does, then you attack down the line of enemies (Q W E). The second set of Q W E does nothing.
If not enough breath for eliminate, the first Q W do nothing, E selects scratch, and then you attack down the line (Q W E) with scratch.

It's rhythmic, and fairly easy to hit without looking. I watch TV and glance at the screen every 30 seconds or so, so I'm more focused on the NOT-grinding thing than I am coli.

Occasionally you get a boss or dodgey enemy that throws off your eliminates and loses breath, but that's when E will pick scratch for you. Or you get a mob of 4 and have to hit R in there are few times to eliminate that enemy before going on. But most mobs are going to be defeated in "ad qwe qwe ad qwe qwe ad qwe qwe" once you've gotten your breath up.

I don't usually grind in places where I have to worry about paying attention to dragons dying, I try and pick places where even just using scratch can defeat all the enemies before they get an attack in so there's little to no chance of me taking any sort of damage barring a lot of dodges.

I also empty my hoard to my vault before grinding and don't look at drops between battles, I wait until the very end of when I'm fed up and only then actually check my hoard. It looks nicer to get a big pile instead of 500 small piles, and if you know you started with an empty hoard, then everything you've got now was your spoils!

I think the longest I ever coli'd was watching like two and a half harry potter movies on TV back to back.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
1 2 3 4