Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Nature's Bi-Wizard Tournament
1 2 3 4 5
[center][size=1]@blue1dragon @BlackSherruk @Catkinstarchild @Biyu @DraigTeg @NlCKname @kvon @MessengerDragon @Lola96 @Finlandia [/size][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3X7dNsX.png[/img] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gMRBiAW04PyQ33WWgZU0DB3g3DLxvEPfUnk6Oe7HrRw/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. [/font][/size] [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39820851]>> Day One Lore <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39823590]>> Day Two Lore <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/3#post_39847139]>> Day Three Lore <<[/url][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CnJZzre.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] Being a member of almost every extra-curricular group in school meant that Rosie interacted and had to work together with all sorts of students. She had come across many quirks that way, from group members who hoarded their ideas unless prompted to those that needed a constant supply of snacks, and others who needed to move to get their ideas out in the open. Despite their initially chilly interactions with each other, Rosie was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for all of them to pool their resources. As far as impromptu group discussions went, this was by far the easiest and the most entertaining. Valence had an endearing habit of reading in silly voices to himself under his breath, Ancordia for squirreling out snacks from the stern Sprouting Goblins who helped in the kitchens, and BlueRiverRose for noticing the little details that would have slipped under their noses. "What's with all those Miths in the margins?" She had asked as Valence kept the boredom at bay, and Ancordia kept them all fed. "Well, Ulster never finished his research because he disappeared. Some said he ran away with the Miths." The feathers of Valence's crest ruffled as Ancordia crept closer. Rosie looked over them both at the elaborate drawings that BlueRiverRose had pointed out. All of them were of Miths at play except for one that depicted sinister-looking eyes peering out from a swamp. "Others say he was taken by the Mithman." Valence continued, noticing what Rosie was staring at. "Can't have gone that far seeing as it's only," Ancordia paused, looking impishly at them, "A myth." The groan that BlueRiverRose voiced was both prompt and exaggerated. "The puns are coming, we should head to bed. Rosie, at least we have the partial research. Keep that in mind for the trial." They promised to meet up again at breakfast and, when Rosie put her head down for the night, she dreamt of Miths. ~ "Where's Blue?" Come morning, Rosie was in their meeting room again. Both Ancordia and Valence were there, but while there was an elaborate looking experiment of cups and glasses filled with varying amounts of water on the tables, Blue was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Blue?' Ancordia shook her head. "Don't look at me. She set all of this up and said that it had something to do with Miths but Verdant-" "Professor Verdant." Valence corrected quickly. "Came in here and asked if she could follow him. She hasn't come back as you can see." There was no time for Rosie to puzzle things out as a faerie flew through the open window, settling between her horns before zipping away again. "I think I'm about to get my answer." Rosie murmured, catching her bookbag as Ancordia tossed it to her. The three made sure that their wands were in place before leaving the room. Their journey took them beyond the main Academy area to the fields that were mainly used for sporting events, but something did not look right. The judges for the Biwizard Tournament were waiting for them as was Professor Verdant. "Professor? What's ha-" "It's time Rosie," The Tundra's voice was as calm as ever though there was a hint of approval on his face as he glanced at Ancordia and Valence. "Up on the stands you two, Rosie will need to prepare for the second Trial." Glancing behind her Rosie saw a stream of dragons flying or teleporting in, but there was still no sign of Blue. "Good luck." Valence told her quietly as Ancordia flashed her a smile. The Mirror winked one of her four eyes. "Remember to put on a show!" Rosie nodded to both gratefully before shouldering her bookbag purposefully. She gave the judges a respectful bow before striding onto the field. Three steps and Rosie felt her stomach drop. "Blue! Blue!" Propped up on the far end of the field was her friend. As Rosie watched with terrified eyes, chunks of crystals errupted out of the Guardian's scales. "Gladekeeper's beard, what am I going to do? Blue!" Powerful beats of her wings took her to her friend's side. Interlocking crystals had already grown in front of Blue's mouth, sealing it shut. Perhaps the only mercy was that Blue seemed to be under some sort of enchanted sleep. "I'll get you out of this! Promise!" There was a table set up with a cauldron beakers and, other potion-making tools. The only problem was the missing ingredients. Blue rummaged in her bookbag for Ulster's notes before realizing that her problems did not end there. The field was strange because it had all manner of plants growing there. Rosie could see the Arctic Scrub of the Southern Icefield and Daffodils native to the Sunbeam Ruins growing amongst the native Long Grass. How was she going to find the ingredients for Ulster's partial cure? A low pulse of sound caught her ears, and Rosie looked up. Miths were starting to flutter out of the bushes. She had not even noticed them in her initial panic, and her flight to Blue must have sent them scattering. Miths? Surely it wasn't a coincidence that they kept popping up. Rosie tried to remember what she knew about Miths. Keepers of flora, active in the morning, taste good with a dash of-No! The Miths aren't going to tell me anything if I cook them! Rosie thought to herself. And judging from the wide berth they're giving me, they're not going to let me approach them either. She thought about the experiment that Blue had wanted to show them, but she could concentrate with all this humming and thrumming going on. She- "Wait!" Rosie exhaled sharply and yanked out her wand, pointing them to the beakers on the table which immediately began filling with water. She tried to remember the water levels in each one, and when she was happy with the results, Rosie dipped her claw in one of the beakers and listened. The Miths weren't there for show, they were trying to show her the answer she would need. As she tried to still her panic, Rosie began to run her claw over the rim of the beakers trying to mimic the sounds around her. It was slow going at first with a misplaced screech sending the Miths scattering again, but Rosie coaxed them out with a hummed apology. She held her breath as a Primrose Mith appeared carrying bundles of Chickweed and Irradiated Pear. Taking them carefully, she was about to voice her thanks when the Mith pointed to the forest behind her. She had enough with her to keep the Gembond from overtaking Blue, but her friend would forever be marked by it and besides the judges weren't looking for a partial cure. Reaching for her wand again, Rosie made the beakers levitate and float after her as she ventured into the forest. It didn't take long for her to find what she was looking for, or rather, it didn't take long for it to find her. With shaking claws, Rosie played out the thrumming song of the Miths that she had just learned, but it did not seem to be enough. All she could see of the cryptid was its glowing eyes, but those were now fading from view. "Wait! My friend is going to be seriously hurt if you don't tell me what the last ingredient is!" The answering growl made Rosie wince. "I know us dragons aren't the best at noticing the problems of the Miths." Sometimes they were the problem. "I'm guilty of that, and I'm sorry for it. I didn't notice the Miths in the field, and I wouldn't have given them a second thought if Blue hadn't planted the idea in my head. The littlest details are the most important. Blue will make changes. We both will, but we can't do that if she's sick!" A clump of Jungle Lilies flew out of the undergrowth to collide with Rosie's snout. She had never been so happy in her life. "Thank you!" [nextcol][indent][/columns] [center][font=arial][size=2]Much thanks to @[i][/i]onemessyperson for today's lore![/center]

3X7dNsX.png

If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list here.

CnJZzre.png

Being a member of almost every extra-curricular group in school meant that Rosie interacted and had to work together with all sorts of students. She had come across many quirks that way, from group members who hoarded their ideas unless prompted to those that needed a constant supply of snacks, and others who needed to move to get their ideas out in the open. Despite their initially chilly interactions with each other, Rosie was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for all of them to pool their resources. As far as impromptu group discussions went, this was by far the easiest and the most entertaining. Valence had an endearing habit of reading in silly voices to himself under his breath, Ancordia for squirreling out snacks from the stern Sprouting Goblins who helped in the kitchens, and BlueRiverRose for noticing the little details that would have slipped under their noses.

"What's with all those Miths in the margins?" She had asked as Valence kept the boredom at bay, and Ancordia kept them all fed.

"Well, Ulster never finished his research because he disappeared. Some said he ran away with the Miths." The feathers of Valence's crest ruffled as Ancordia crept closer. Rosie looked over them both at the elaborate drawings that BlueRiverRose had pointed out. All of them were of Miths at play except for one that depicted sinister-looking eyes peering out from a swamp.

"Others say he was taken by the Mithman." Valence continued, noticing what Rosie was staring at.

"Can't have gone that far seeing as it's only," Ancordia paused, looking impishly at them, "A myth."

The groan that BlueRiverRose voiced was both prompt and exaggerated. "The puns are coming, we should head to bed. Rosie, at least we have the partial research. Keep that in mind for the trial." They promised to meet up again at breakfast and, when Rosie put her head down for the night, she dreamt of Miths.

~

"Where's Blue?" Come morning, Rosie was in their meeting room again. Both Ancordia and Valence were there, but while there was an elaborate looking experiment of cups and glasses filled with varying amounts of water on the tables, Blue was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Blue?'

Ancordia shook her head. "Don't look at me. She set all of this up and said that it had something to do with Miths but Verdant-"

"Professor Verdant." Valence corrected quickly.

"Came in here and asked if she could follow him. She hasn't come back as you can see."

There was no time for Rosie to puzzle things out as a faerie flew through the open window, settling between her horns before zipping away again. "I think I'm about to get my answer." Rosie murmured, catching her bookbag as Ancordia tossed it to her. The three made sure that their wands were in place before leaving the room.

Their journey took them beyond the main Academy area to the fields that were mainly used for sporting events, but something did not look right. The judges for the Biwizard Tournament were waiting for them as was Professor Verdant.

"Professor? What's ha-"

"It's time Rosie," The Tundra's voice was as calm as ever though there was a hint of approval on his face as he glanced at Ancordia and Valence. "Up on the stands you two, Rosie will need to prepare for the second Trial." Glancing behind her Rosie saw a stream of dragons flying or teleporting in, but there was still no sign of Blue.

"Good luck." Valence told her quietly as Ancordia flashed her a smile. The Mirror winked one of her four eyes.

"Remember to put on a show!"

Rosie nodded to both gratefully before shouldering her bookbag purposefully. She gave the judges a respectful bow before striding onto the field. Three steps and Rosie felt her stomach drop.

"Blue! Blue!"

Propped up on the far end of the field was her friend. As Rosie watched with terrified eyes, chunks of crystals errupted out of the Guardian's scales.

"Gladekeeper's beard, what am I going to do? Blue!" Powerful beats of her wings took her to her friend's side. Interlocking crystals had already grown in front of Blue's mouth, sealing it shut. Perhaps the only mercy was that Blue seemed to be under some sort of enchanted sleep. "I'll get you out of this! Promise!" There was a table set up with a cauldron beakers and, other potion-making tools. The only problem was the missing ingredients. Blue rummaged in her bookbag for Ulster's notes before realizing that her problems did not end there.

The field was strange because it had all manner of plants growing there. Rosie could see the Arctic Scrub of the Southern Icefield and Daffodils native to the Sunbeam Ruins growing amongst the native Long Grass. How was she going to find the ingredients for Ulster's partial cure? A low pulse of sound caught her ears, and Rosie looked up. Miths were starting to flutter out of the bushes. She had not even noticed them in her initial panic, and her flight to Blue must have sent them scattering.

Miths? Surely it wasn't a coincidence that they kept popping up. Rosie tried to remember what she knew about Miths. Keepers of flora, active in the morning, taste good with a dash of-No! The Miths aren't going to tell me anything if I cook them! Rosie thought to herself. And judging from the wide berth they're giving me, they're not going to let me approach them either. She thought about the experiment that Blue had wanted to show them, but she could concentrate with all this humming and thrumming going on. She-

"Wait!" Rosie exhaled sharply and yanked out her wand, pointing them to the beakers on the table which immediately began filling with water. She tried to remember the water levels in each one, and when she was happy with the results, Rosie dipped her claw in one of the beakers and listened.

The Miths weren't there for show, they were trying to show her the answer she would need. As she tried to still her panic, Rosie began to run her claw over the rim of the beakers trying to mimic the sounds around her. It was slow going at first with a misplaced screech sending the Miths scattering again, but Rosie coaxed them out with a hummed apology. She held her breath as a Primrose Mith appeared carrying bundles of Chickweed and Irradiated Pear. Taking them carefully, she was about to voice her thanks when the Mith pointed to the forest behind her.

She had enough with her to keep the Gembond from overtaking Blue, but her friend would forever be marked by it and besides the judges weren't looking for a partial cure. Reaching for her wand again, Rosie made the beakers levitate and float after her as she ventured into the forest. It didn't take long for her to find what she was looking for, or rather, it didn't take long for it to find her. With shaking claws, Rosie played out the thrumming song of the Miths that she had just learned, but it did not seem to be enough. All she could see of the cryptid was its glowing eyes, but those were now fading from view.

"Wait! My friend is going to be seriously hurt if you don't tell me what the last ingredient is!" The answering growl made Rosie wince. "I know us dragons aren't the best at noticing the problems of the Miths." Sometimes they were the problem. "I'm guilty of that, and I'm sorry for it. I didn't notice the Miths in the field, and I wouldn't have given them a second thought if Blue hadn't planted the idea in my head. The littlest details are the most important. Blue will make changes. We both will, but we can't do that if she's sick!"

A clump of Jungle Lilies flew out of the undergrowth to collide with Rosie's snout. She had never been so happy in her life.

"Thank you!"

Much thanks to @onemessyperson for today's lore!
3ckfYea.png 5o4JeLs.png unyXMRE.png
Another great day of Lore! <3
Thank you Onemessyperson!
Another great day of Lore! <3
Thank you Onemessyperson!
HnHWvPl.png
[center][size=1]@blue1dragon @BlackSherruk @Catkinstarchild @Biyu @DraigTeg @NlCKname @kvon @MessengerDragon @Lola96 @Finlandia [/size] [/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3X7dNsX.png[/img] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gMRBiAW04PyQ33WWgZU0DB3g3DLxvEPfUnk6Oe7HrRw/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. [/font][/size] [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39820851]>> Day One <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39823590]>> Day Two <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/3#post_39847139]>> Day Three <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39862734]>> Day Four <<[/url][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cc3ZUZq.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] As she lay curled up on a cot in the infirmary, Rosie could not help but replay the events of the last several hours in her mind. She thought about the branches of the trees catching against her mane and robes as she rushed out of the tree-line clutching the clump of Jungle Lilies to her. Her spectators had roared their encouragement but had frightened the Miths so terribly. Even now, Rosie was afraid that she had wasted time casting that protective bubble around the perimeter of the field to spare the Miths from the worst of the noise. It was worth it, she thought stubbornly but the nagging feeling that she had lost Blue precious time stung worse than the burn on her right paw. And that wasn't the only bit of doubt plaguing her. Chickweed to soothe itchy scales had she peeled the petals back in the correct manner? It had been a blessing that the Irradiated pears had not exploded when she had started mixing the concoction (seven times southbound and fifteen times northbound as Ulster's notes had recommended). Perhaps the worst had been the Jungle Lilies which had inspired no change to the concoction at all even after Rosie had painstakingly removed all the roots. She had burned her paw getting the finished potion into a cup barely getting anything into Blue's mouth between the gemstones that had grown over it. The rest was a blur. Professor Verdant and the judges had descended upon them, and though the Professor had performed a soothing charm on her burn, he did not say anything about Blue. No one was telling her anything about Blue. Professor Verdant and the judges had left hours ago because of some kerfuffle in regards to school security. Rosie glared balefully at the curtains that surrounded the Guardian's cot until they were pushed open. The Academy's new assistant healer stepped out. "Don't worry about your friend." She said quietly, reading the expression on Rosie's face. "The last of the gems just fell out. She'll recover in no time." The Snapper rattled the bucket she was carrying in an oddly merry way. "Oh. Er. Thank you, Healer..." "Gladekeeper." The Snapper's smile grew more amused as if she were readying herself on the inevitable comparison to the Mother of all that grew and thrived. "You're due for a change in bandages in an hour, but I'll see to that after you've put your friends at ease." Friends? Rosie turned to see Ancordia and Valence hovering worriedly by the doorway. Gladekeeper beckoned them inside before rattling away. "How are you holding up?" Ancordia asked as they came closer. "How's Blue?" "Trying to sleep, thank you very much." Came Blue's grumbling voice from behind the curtains. The Guardian made no move to twitch them open, and Rosie decided that it was best to let Blue rest. "I'm fine. Professor Verdant and the judges didn't look too happy when they marched out of here." "That's because a Mith made off with your cauldron. Academy staff seemed content to let it happen, but the remedy specialists working for Toadstool LLC caused a fuss." Valence explained, looking faintly guilty. Rosie realized why as soon as Ancordia chimed in. "We overheard-" Valence's interrupting cough sounded suspiciously like the word evesdropped. "We overheard Professor Verdant suggesting that the final Trial be pushed back! This means we'll have plenty of time to prepare!" "Things will only get harder from here, Rosie. With the bar raised, we'll need to work together." ~ "Novelty potions? That's your idea of being prepared?" "Better than dancing and sticky treacle!" Rosie towered over the other two as they bickered, eyes glancing from one to another. Their meeting room was a mess of vines and books and parchment and spilled ink. Things had started out well enough, but Ancordia and Valence had begun to bicker and- "I happen to like treacle." Rosie interrupted loudly, "And if Valence hadn't figured out a loophole in the instructions, I'd have gone in with nothing but my staff." Now she knew which potions to bring thanks to Valence's quick brewing crash course... "I do enjoy getting away on a technicality," Ancordia added grudgingly as the feathered crest on Valence's head ruffled with pride. "Your efficient spellwork was a marvel to watch." The Wildclaw replied as Rosie twirled her staff in the way that Ancordia had shown her. The scattered parchment rolled itself up quickly, and the books slammed shut flying back to their positions on the shelves. "I think I'll need a reversal potion." "Too broad. You'll need to narrow your purpose down when it comes to potions." Valence replied in tones that sounded more open than usual. "I do know of fast-acting growth and anti-growth potions though. "Ancordia, I'll need that bottle of minnow bones. Rosie, please come here, you're to stir seven times southbound on my mark." They worked as one over the cauldron tossing out ideas and tossing in ingredients. Rosie conjured up some music much to Ancordia's delight, and at the end of the day, they had seven little bottles of potions ready to go. "Not sure if I'll be using all of these, but they'll fit into my potions belt," Rosie said with a happy smile. She particularly liked the one that was shifting through all the colors of their Houses. Both Ancordia and Valence hummed in agreement. "Guess I'm as prepared as I'll ever be, but for right now I could go for some treacle!" [nextcol][indent][/columns] [center][font=arial][size=2]Much thanks to @[i][/i]onemessyperson for today's lore![/center]
3X7dNsX.png

If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list here.

cc3ZUZq.png

As she lay curled up on a cot in the infirmary, Rosie could not help but replay the events of the last several hours in her mind. She thought about the branches of the trees catching against her mane and robes as she rushed out of the tree-line clutching the clump of Jungle Lilies to her. Her spectators had roared their encouragement but had frightened the Miths so terribly. Even now, Rosie was afraid that she had wasted time casting that protective bubble around the perimeter of the field to spare the Miths from the worst of the noise. It was worth it, she thought stubbornly but the nagging feeling that she had lost Blue precious time stung worse than the burn on her right paw.

And that wasn't the only bit of doubt plaguing her. Chickweed to soothe itchy scales had she peeled the petals back in the correct manner? It had been a blessing that the Irradiated pears had not exploded when she had started mixing the concoction (seven times southbound and fifteen times northbound as Ulster's notes had recommended). Perhaps the worst had been the Jungle Lilies which had inspired no change to the concoction at all even after Rosie had painstakingly removed all the roots. She had burned her paw getting the finished potion into a cup barely getting anything into Blue's mouth between the gemstones that had grown over it. The rest was a blur. Professor Verdant and the judges had descended upon them, and though the Professor had performed a soothing charm on her burn, he did not say anything about Blue.

No one was telling her anything about Blue. Professor Verdant and the judges had left hours ago because of some kerfuffle in regards to school security.

Rosie glared balefully at the curtains that surrounded the Guardian's cot until they were pushed open. The Academy's new assistant healer stepped out. "Don't worry about your friend." She said quietly, reading the expression on Rosie's face. "The last of the gems just fell out. She'll recover in no time." The Snapper rattled the bucket she was carrying in an oddly merry way.

"Oh. Er. Thank you, Healer..."

"Gladekeeper." The Snapper's smile grew more amused as if she were readying herself on the inevitable comparison to the Mother of all that grew and thrived. "You're due for a change in bandages in an hour, but I'll see to that after you've put your friends at ease."

Friends? Rosie turned to see Ancordia and Valence hovering worriedly by the doorway. Gladekeeper beckoned them inside before rattling away.

"How are you holding up?" Ancordia asked as they came closer. "How's Blue?"

"Trying to sleep, thank you very much." Came Blue's grumbling voice from behind the curtains. The Guardian made no move to twitch them open, and Rosie decided that it was best to let Blue rest.

"I'm fine. Professor Verdant and the judges didn't look too happy when they marched out of here."

"That's because a Mith made off with your cauldron. Academy staff seemed content to let it happen, but the remedy specialists working for Toadstool LLC caused a fuss." Valence explained, looking faintly guilty. Rosie realized why as soon as Ancordia chimed in.

"We overheard-"

Valence's interrupting cough sounded suspiciously like the word evesdropped.

"We overheard Professor Verdant suggesting that the final Trial be pushed back! This means we'll have plenty of time to prepare!"

"Things will only get harder from here, Rosie. With the bar raised, we'll need to work together."

~

"Novelty potions? That's your idea of being prepared?"

"Better than dancing and sticky treacle!"

Rosie towered over the other two as they bickered, eyes glancing from one to another. Their meeting room was a mess of vines and books and parchment and spilled ink. Things had started out well enough, but Ancordia and Valence had begun to bicker and-

"I happen to like treacle." Rosie interrupted loudly, "And if Valence hadn't figured out a loophole in the instructions, I'd have gone in with nothing but my staff." Now she knew which potions to bring thanks to Valence's quick brewing crash course...

"I do enjoy getting away on a technicality," Ancordia added grudgingly as the feathered crest on Valence's head ruffled with pride.

"Your efficient spellwork was a marvel to watch." The Wildclaw replied as Rosie twirled her staff in the way that Ancordia had shown her. The scattered parchment rolled itself up quickly, and the books slammed shut flying back to their positions on the shelves. "I think I'll need a reversal potion."

"Too broad. You'll need to narrow your purpose down when it comes to potions." Valence replied in tones that sounded more open than usual. "I do know of fast-acting growth and anti-growth potions though. "Ancordia, I'll need that bottle of minnow bones. Rosie, please come here, you're to stir seven times southbound on my mark."

They worked as one over the cauldron tossing out ideas and tossing in ingredients. Rosie conjured up some music much to Ancordia's delight, and at the end of the day, they had seven little bottles of potions ready to go.

"Not sure if I'll be using all of these, but they'll fit into my potions belt," Rosie said with a happy smile. She particularly liked the one that was shifting through all the colors of their Houses.

Both Ancordia and Valence hummed in agreement. "Guess I'm as prepared as I'll ever be, but for right now I could go for some treacle!"

@Wildness

Hey-a! Thanks for your kind words. Glad you're enjoying the lore. Go Nature! XD
@Wildness

Hey-a! Thanks for your kind words. Glad you're enjoying the lore. Go Nature! XD
You are all the: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/be1d1d5ea22b8ec7d58200e6a19a4b20/tumblr_inline_n91px2sUSU1rv8i1u.jpg[/img]
You are all the:

tumblr_inline_n91px2sUSU1rv8i1u.jpg
69.png5M9CHlS.gif9WYyCMK.pngvLASaL9.png84.png
Here we go, more plant facts ^^ [img]https://blog.flowersacrossmelbourne.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Pinwheel-1024x622.jpg[/img] Leucospermum catherinae, otherwise known as the Protea Pinwheel, thrive in the southern parts of Africa. Known for their firework pinwheel design, these orange flowers are adapted to harsh climates. My favorite parts about these puppies are the fact that they bloom after fires. With other underbrush, flowers, and rodents out of the way, these flowers bloom after a wildfire, thriving off the nutrients left in the ground. However, these flowers are facing extinction from cattle grazing and a disruption in the natural wildfires of the area. D:
Here we go, more plant facts ^^

Pinwheel-1024x622.jpg

Leucospermum catherinae, otherwise known as the Protea Pinwheel, thrive in the southern parts of Africa. Known for their firework pinwheel design, these orange flowers are adapted to harsh climates. My favorite parts about these puppies are the fact that they bloom after fires. With other underbrush, flowers, and rodents out of the way, these flowers bloom after a wildfire, thriving off the nutrients left in the ground. However, these flowers are facing extinction from cattle grazing and a disruption in the natural wildfires of the area. D:
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
[center][size=1]@blue1dragon @BlackSherruk @Catkinstarchild @Biyu @DraigTeg @NlCKname @kvon @MessengerDragon @Lola96 @Finlandia [/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3X7dNsX.png[/img] [columns] [indent] [nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] If you'd like to be pinged for the daily lore, please add yourself to the self-editing ping list [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gMRBiAW04PyQ33WWgZU0DB3g3DLxvEPfUnk6Oe7HrRw/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. [/font][/size] [nextcol] [indent] [/columns] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39820851]>> Day One <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39823590]>> Day Two <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/3#post_39847139]>> Day Three <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39862734]>> Day Four <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39878705]>> Day Five <<[/url][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BMEFueB.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] This time when Professor Verdant stopped by to cast a silencing charm on her tent, Rosie thanked him but said that she would feel much better listening to the proceedings. The Professor agreed with a little smile and stepped to the side to let Blue into the tent. Outside, she could hear Fluffledore's booming voice introducing Madame Majorica of Toadstools LLC who had so graciously sponsored all of the challenges for today's trial. "What are you doing here? Are you feeling better?" Rosie asked as she looked the Guardian over. She had not seen Blue in weeks, but there were no signs of the Gembond that had been growing over her. "Valence and Ancordia are saving my seat, I heard that the three of you took the time to prepare." Blue pointed to the potions belt that Rosie was wearing and the bottles that were securely tied to it. "I didn't think it'd be fair if I didn't contribute to your efforts so-" Blue reached into her robes and pulled out what looked to be a silver ball. "Professor Verdant was quick to point out that giving you a compass would be shattering the rules into a million pieces, but those are boring anyway." She held out the ball to Rosie, urging her to take it. "This has never failed to return to me." "I..." Rosie was reluctant to take it as she didn't know what was in that maze waiting for her. "Don't worry. I trust that you're going to take good care of it." Blue smiled as she leaned in and whispered the activation charm. Rosie only had a moment to thank Blue before Professor Verdant was back to take her back to her seat. Rosie settled the ball in one of the pouches of her belt and exited the tent as Majorica finished her speech, not really hearing the little ditty that accompanied the sponsor's exit. "Majorica's magic syrup. We put the M in magic-" The rest of it was drowned out by the crowd's roar anyway. As with the first two trials, Rosie acknowledged the judges with a bow as she stood on the threshold of the maze. From what she could tell, the walls seemed to be a mix of vines and tree bark, and with the evening's starlight shining down upon the field, Rosie was almost put at ease. Almost. "Good luck." Professor Verdant said to her before he waved his staff, sending up a blaze of green fireworks to signal that Nature's champion was ready. The timer was set, and Rosie entered the maze at a run only to realize that she had been right to entertain her feelings of suspicion. As soon as she had made her first turn, the maze darkened considerably. A glance up, showed her the starlight and the sky getting blotted out by a thick haze. Rosie had no opportunity to see if she could dispell it as rumbling and shaking distracted her. What was once a clear path ahead was blocked by vines, and she had to do some agile flying to keep from getting boxed in as the walls of the maze shifted around her. Stop! Rosie thought as she reached for her staff trying to coax the wall of bark and leaves to move again. Her charms hit what felt like a barrier, and the foliage remained unresponsive. She was cut off completely. I need to move! The rumbling had started up again dirt flying up all around her as the maze shifted. Holes began opening up in the ground, and Rosie ran forward to prevent herself from being sucked into them. There was no time for her to get her bearings but; Reaching into her pouch, she pulled out Blue's silver ball. It glowed for a moment as she recited the charm and then flew out of her paw with a soft buzzing sound. It began to zip and dip between the walls of the ever-changing maze and Rosie knew that she would have to keep up or be left behind and lost. I can't just follow it blindly, was her frantic thought as a tangle of roots almost sent her face down onto the dirt. This could not be the only thing that the maze was going to be throwing at her. As if her thoughts had conjured it, there was a snort and the sound of hoof beats as she turned the corner. Rosie screeched to a halt as she came face to face with a Thunderstomp, her eyes widening when she realized that they had both noticed each other at the same time. Sparks flew around the creature's hooves as it lowered its head and Rosie found herself falling into a defensive stance before she realized what she was doing. The poor creature is probably more terrified than I am! With the walls closing in around her, there wasn't any room to move, but Rosie twirled her staff and made a puddle of treacle spread on the ground between her and the Thunderstomp. The creature was caught in it but wasn't hurt, and she did a side step to follow Blue's silver ball as it zipped away. "Sorry! Someone should be coming for you soon!" Rosie called, turning back to check on the Thunderstomp at the risk of falling into one of the open pits. She continued to zig and zag through the maze, not sure of where she was going but trusting in Blue. Rosie thought that perhaps she might have come close to clearing to the center of the maze when the fog got thicker and- Her staff whipped out again as she cast a bubble charm around her face. Was that sleeping power surrounding her? Poison? Rosie's vision cleared to show her that it was more worrying than that as she found herself staring down into the clouds. She felt her limbs lock itself into place. One false move and she'd be tumbling endlessly into the sky. Gladekeeper...Rosie's claws trembled as she struggled to hold on to the vines. It's not real. This cannot be real. Rationally she knew that the thick haze was causing this, but she couldn't seem to get the rest of her body to cooperate. I need to get out of this fog! If only the vines listened to her. She could make them move and grow and borne her out of this haze. The glass vials of the potions she had prepared clinked together as Rosie struggled. She couldn't even see which one she needed to get her out of this mess but, Why should she have to pick one? Why not use all. With a cry, Rosie ripped the belt off herself, sending the bottles smashing into the all over the wall she had been clinging to. Potions dripped onto the ground and all around her, mingling and mixing until... Later on, she'd be told that her side of her maze had exploded in a burst of sound and clouds of color. Turquoise and White. Gold and Black and Red and Blue. Green and Yellow and Quicksilver. Against the riot of noise and vibrancy was Rosie, clinging to a huge tree that was bursting up from the ground, screaming her delight to the skies as the branches she was on raced after a little glowing ball. She caught it as she tumbled through the exit of the maze and was at once surrounded by her friends. "I kept it safe." She said to Blue, and the Guardian's answer was drowned out by the cheering of the crowds. Almost. "You did." [nextcol][indent][/columns] [center][font=arial][size=2]Much thanks to @[i][/i]onemessyperson for today's lore![/center]

3X7dNsX.png

BMEFueB.png

This time when Professor Verdant stopped by to cast a silencing charm on her tent, Rosie thanked him but said that she would feel much better listening to the proceedings. The Professor agreed with a little smile and stepped to the side to let Blue into the tent. Outside, she could hear Fluffledore's booming voice introducing Madame Majorica of Toadstools LLC who had so graciously sponsored all of the challenges for today's trial.

"What are you doing here? Are you feeling better?" Rosie asked as she looked the Guardian over. She had not seen Blue in weeks, but there were no signs of the Gembond that had been growing over her.

"Valence and Ancordia are saving my seat, I heard that the three of you took the time to prepare." Blue pointed to the potions belt that Rosie was wearing and the bottles that were securely tied to it. "I didn't think it'd be fair if I didn't contribute to your efforts so-" Blue reached into her robes and pulled out what looked to be a silver ball. "Professor Verdant was quick to point out that giving you a compass would be shattering the rules into a million pieces, but those are boring anyway." She held out the ball to Rosie, urging her to take it. "This has never failed to return to me."

"I..." Rosie was reluctant to take it as she didn't know what was in that maze waiting for her.

"Don't worry. I trust that you're going to take good care of it." Blue smiled as she leaned in and whispered the activation charm. Rosie only had a moment to thank Blue before Professor Verdant was back to take her back to her seat. Rosie settled the ball in one of the pouches of her belt and exited the tent as Majorica finished her speech, not really hearing the little ditty that accompanied the sponsor's exit.

"Majorica's magic syrup. We put the M in magic-" The rest of it was drowned out by the crowd's roar anyway. As with the first two trials, Rosie acknowledged the judges with a bow as she stood on the threshold of the maze. From what she could tell, the walls seemed to be a mix of vines and tree bark, and with the evening's starlight shining down upon the field, Rosie was almost put at ease. Almost.

"Good luck." Professor Verdant said to her before he waved his staff, sending up a blaze of green fireworks to signal that Nature's champion was ready. The timer was set, and Rosie entered the maze at a run only to realize that she had been right to entertain her feelings of suspicion. As soon as she had made her first turn, the maze darkened considerably. A glance up, showed her the starlight and the sky getting blotted out by a thick haze. Rosie had no opportunity to see if she could dispell it as rumbling and shaking distracted her. What was once a clear path ahead was blocked by vines, and she had to do some agile flying to keep from getting boxed in as the walls of the maze shifted around her.

Stop! Rosie thought as she reached for her staff trying to coax the wall of bark and leaves to move again. Her charms hit what felt like a barrier, and the foliage remained unresponsive. She was cut off completely. I need to move! The rumbling had started up again dirt flying up all around her as the maze shifted. Holes began opening up in the ground, and Rosie ran forward to prevent herself from being sucked into them. There was no time for her to get her bearings but;

Reaching into her pouch, she pulled out Blue's silver ball. It glowed for a moment as she recited the charm and then flew out of her paw with a soft buzzing sound. It began to zip and dip between the walls of the ever-changing maze and Rosie knew that she would have to keep up or be left behind and lost. I can't just follow it blindly, was her frantic thought as a tangle of roots almost sent her face down onto the dirt. This could not be the only thing that the maze was going to be throwing at her.

As if her thoughts had conjured it, there was a snort and the sound of hoof beats as she turned the corner. Rosie screeched to a halt as she came face to face with a Thunderstomp, her eyes widening when she realized that they had both noticed each other at the same time. Sparks flew around the creature's hooves as it lowered its head and Rosie found herself falling into a defensive stance before she realized what she was doing.

The poor creature is probably more terrified than I am! With the walls closing in around her, there wasn't any room to move, but Rosie twirled her staff and made a puddle of treacle spread on the ground between her and the Thunderstomp. The creature was caught in it but wasn't hurt, and she did a side step to follow Blue's silver ball as it zipped away.

"Sorry! Someone should be coming for you soon!" Rosie called, turning back to check on the Thunderstomp at the risk of falling into one of the open pits. She continued to zig and zag through the maze, not sure of where she was going but trusting in Blue. Rosie thought that perhaps she might have come close to clearing to the center of the maze when the fog got thicker and- Her staff whipped out again as she cast a bubble charm around her face. Was that sleeping power surrounding her? Poison? Rosie's vision cleared to show her that it was more worrying than that as she found herself staring down into the clouds.

She felt her limbs lock itself into place. One false move and she'd be tumbling endlessly into the sky. Gladekeeper...Rosie's claws trembled as she struggled to hold on to the vines. It's not real. This cannot be real. Rationally she knew that the thick haze was causing this, but she couldn't seem to get the rest of her body to cooperate. I need to get out of this fog! If only the vines listened to her. She could make them move and grow and borne her out of this haze.

The glass vials of the potions she had prepared clinked together as Rosie struggled. She couldn't even see which one she needed to get her out of this mess but, Why should she have to pick one? Why not use all. With a cry, Rosie ripped the belt off herself, sending the bottles smashing into the all over the wall she had been clinging to. Potions dripped onto the ground and all around her, mingling and mixing until...

Later on, she'd be told that her side of her maze had exploded in a burst of sound and clouds of color. Turquoise and White. Gold and Black and Red and Blue. Green and Yellow and Quicksilver. Against the riot of noise and vibrancy was Rosie, clinging to a huge tree that was bursting up from the ground, screaming her delight to the skies as the branches she was on raced after a little glowing ball.

She caught it as she tumbled through the exit of the maze and was at once surrounded by her friends. "I kept it safe." She said to Blue, and the Guardian's answer was drowned out by the cheering of the crowds.

Almost.

"You did."

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/20/4d/88204d883ace0d5494a47f4ec922edfc.gif[/img]
88204d883ace0d5494a47f4ec922edfc.gif
|he/him|FR +0|
Feel free to PM, I don't bite!
[center][size=1]@blue1dragon @BlackSherruk @Catkinstarchild @Biyu @DraigTeg @NlCKname @kvon @MessengerDragon @Lola96 @Finlandia [/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3X7dNsX.png[/img] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39820851]>> Day One <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/2#post_39823590]>> Day Two <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/3#post_39847139]>> Day Three <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39862734]>> Day Four <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39878705]>> Day Five <<[/url][/center] [center][font=arial][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2718146/4#post_39892498]>> Day Six <<[/url][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/35toZtH.png[/img][/center] [columns][indent][nextcol] [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] Treehouses. The Academy's Event Committee had outdone themselves with pulling off this ambitious idea. Instead of repurposing the Dining Hall, they had floated wooden platforms and gazebos up to the canopy of the trees that made up the Academy itself, grafting the structures together. Rosie took a deep breath inhaling the sweet scent of Alstroemeria and Myosotis (she almost forgot what that flower was called!) that hung as decorations. Glowing Pocket Baubles and bottles of Cerdae Sparkle were strung up together to provide atmospheric lighting but to be fair, the best source of light were the stars. All around her guests were mingling, dancing or eating (sometimes all three at once thanks to the impromptu contest that some Fungi students had set up), and Rosie felt that she could finally relax. The Trials were over. She was finally at a celebration where she could enjoy herself. "You're leagues away." Blue's voice broke her out of her reverie. Blinking, Rosie accepted the beverage that was being offered to her. It smelled like a watered down, and thus safer form of Majorica's Magic Syrup. "I was only thinking about how good it feels not to have to worry about another trial. I've had my fill of puzzles and riddles until the next decade." They shared a smile, and Blue looked away first, clearing her throat, "What about dancing? If you haven't gotten your fill of that w-" "You wouldn't believe some of my Housemates! They tried to get into Galore's locked box!" Ancordia bounded over with Valence close at her heels. "And they tried to trick me into brewing up corroding acid for them." The Wildclaw added. "But luckily Ancordia's shown me all her tricks. The wool won't be pulled over my eyes!" "Not all my tricks." Ancordia voiced with a grin. "But bets are going around about what's in the mysterious box. You've spoken to Galore, Rosie. What do you think is in it?" Rosie and Blue shared a knowing look. "I'm hardly best friends with Galore, but you could ask them if they're here somewhere." "But they're not! You should have seen the RSVP that was returned to the Event Committee. It was smouldering with ire. How dare they try to tempt them away from their Charge with hors d'oeuvres." Ancordia smirked and glanced at Blue. "But I suppose we'll just have to wait until the timer on the chest runs down. Speaking of committees, how's D.O.M working out for you?" Blue coughed in response. "Needs a new name. You'd think Dragons for Miths would be catchy, but I've received so much mail about exalting Miths and-" "I'd sign up. It's good to be on the right side of History." Valence voiced as Blue trailed off meaningfully. "We'll help you come up with a new name. He wouldn't be too pleased if Miths started getting exalted." "Did you know that there were sightings of him on the second-floor landing? Creepy!" "Don't tell me you're afraid of a myth Ancordia." Valence crowed triumphantly, obviously pleased with himself even as Ancordia tapped his side with her tail in retaliation. "It's not a pun anymore because he's real!" Rosie chuckled softly as the three began to bicker and across the dancefloor caught sight of Seren of Arcane. They had not spoken much, but as their gazes met, Rosie bowed her head respectfully. Good luck, her expression seemed to say. I hope you had fun. ----- [font=arial][size=5][color=#3a3330] Nature’s academy was leagues different from Arcane’s. Long story short, nature was everywhere, instead of pink crystals or the occasional exploding book. Students milled about the ballroom, laughing as they chatted over drinks and snacks. Seren felt very out of place in this intact, pretty, and natural building, but she was excited to be here nonetheless. “Did you know,” Dream said suddenly, and everyone in their friend group turned to look at her. “That Nature has an old tradition at these kinds of balls?” “Really?” Seren asked. “What is it?” Dream whipped out a small, spiky plant. “Whoever stands beneath the mistletoe,” she said, unbridled eagerness in her voice. “Must kiss!” Everyone stared at her, aghast. What a bold tradition! Seren was about to ask more about it when she saw Dream’s eyes flit towards Spell and Rune. Or… not a tradition, she decided. Judging by Dream’s stance, this was less “I will educate you all for the greater good” and more “heck yeah, vengeance!” “We don’t want to disobey Nature’s tradition in their homeland,” Dream continued in a gentle voice. “Would we, Spell and Rune?” “Um, Dream,” Spell said, fins flitting nervously. “A-Are you still made about the thing with the gembond? Look, we didn’t know Fluffledore would pick you. Or that we would end up starving Seren-” “That was your idea,” Rune said, fairly sweating at this point. Dream turned dangerous eyes on him. “It was… all him.” he swept both arms and all six wings at Spell. “Him.” Dream flicked her wings. “Bind!” Before either of them knew what was happening, a brilliant pink burst of magic linked Rune’s right horn with Spell’s left leg. Dream smiled eerily. “Tradition!” she crowed, then lunged at the two of them. Shrieking, Rune and Spell tried to go in different directions, only for Spell to get pulled along by Rune. “Help!!” Rune yelled. “Let me go!” Spell screeched. “REVENGE!” Dream roared. Star and Seren watched them go. “So,” Seren said. “Are we still friends with…” she waved a claw vaguely. “That?” “Unfortunately,” Star replied, looking amused. “Would you like to dance?” “Yes please!” Seren flitted down the stairs with Star. As they moved, she caught sight of Rosie, Nature’s champion. The Imperial nodded cheerily at her, catching her off guard. Though she hadn’t interacted much with the Imperial, Seren had watched her events and she’d been stunned by the other champion. If they were in the same academy, Seren had a feeling they would be great friends. Though, of course, they didn’t need to be in the same academy to be friends. Doing her best imitation of what other dragon breeds called a “smile,” Seren waved back at Rosie. Maybe after this dance, she’d go over and get acquainted with the other champion. Star led her onto the dance floor, and they quickly integrated themselves into the lineup of the other Fae dancers. Just as Seren spun in the air, she heard Rune and Spell’s wail, followed by a muffled sound. Her crests flicked up cheerfully. It was a good ending to the Biwizard Cup. From the stage at the front of the platform, Fluffledore called everyone to attention. The Goaler was ready to announce the winner. "Maybe the Biwizard Cup was the friends we made along the way," Ancordia whispered as they were ushered to the front of the room. Rosie laughed merrily as this was met with groans. With her friends around her and safe, she was at peace. She had done all she could, and there were no regrets. As a swarm of butterflies exploded into the evening air, Rosie was confident that come what may she had been given the Gladekeeper's blessing. "Champions and esteemed guests!" Fluffledore bellowed. "The winner is...!" [nextcol][indent][/columns] [center][font=arial][size=2]Much thanks to @[i][/i]onemessyperson for today's lore! And much thanks to MythicalViper for Arcane's part. Thank you to Arcane's Lore team for collaborating with us and creating some truly awesome lore for our battle![/center]
3X7dNsX.png

35toZtH.png

Treehouses. The Academy's Event Committee had outdone themselves with pulling off this ambitious idea. Instead of repurposing the Dining Hall, they had floated wooden platforms and gazebos up to the canopy of the trees that made up the Academy itself, grafting the structures together. Rosie took a deep breath inhaling the sweet scent of Alstroemeria and Myosotis (she almost forgot what that flower was called!) that hung as decorations. Glowing Pocket Baubles and bottles of Cerdae Sparkle were strung up together to provide atmospheric lighting but to be fair, the best source of light were the stars. All around her guests were mingling, dancing or eating (sometimes all three at once thanks to the impromptu contest that some Fungi students had set up), and Rosie felt that she could finally relax. The Trials were over. She was finally at a celebration where she could enjoy herself.

"You're leagues away." Blue's voice broke her out of her reverie. Blinking, Rosie accepted the beverage that was being offered to her. It smelled like a watered down, and thus safer form of Majorica's Magic Syrup.

"I was only thinking about how good it feels not to have to worry about another trial. I've had my fill of puzzles and riddles until the next decade." They shared a smile, and Blue looked away first, clearing her throat,

"What about dancing? If you haven't gotten your fill of that w-"

"You wouldn't believe some of my Housemates! They tried to get into Galore's locked box!" Ancordia bounded over with Valence close at her heels.

"And they tried to trick me into brewing up corroding acid for them." The Wildclaw added. "But luckily Ancordia's shown me all her tricks. The wool won't be pulled over my eyes!"

"Not all my tricks." Ancordia voiced with a grin. "But bets are going around about what's in the mysterious box. You've spoken to Galore, Rosie. What do you think is in it?"

Rosie and Blue shared a knowing look. "I'm hardly best friends with Galore, but you could ask them if they're here somewhere."

"But they're not! You should have seen the RSVP that was returned to the Event Committee. It was smouldering with ire. How dare they try to tempt them away from their Charge with hors d'oeuvres." Ancordia smirked and glanced at Blue. "But I suppose we'll just have to wait until the timer on the chest runs down. Speaking of committees, how's D.O.M working out for you?"

Blue coughed in response. "Needs a new name. You'd think Dragons for Miths would be catchy, but I've received so much mail about exalting Miths and-"

"I'd sign up. It's good to be on the right side of History." Valence voiced as Blue trailed off meaningfully. "We'll help you come up with a new name. He wouldn't be too pleased if Miths started getting exalted."

"Did you know that there were sightings of him on the second-floor landing? Creepy!"

"Don't tell me you're afraid of a myth Ancordia." Valence crowed triumphantly, obviously pleased with himself even as Ancordia tapped his side with her tail in retaliation.

"It's not a pun anymore because he's real!"

Rosie chuckled softly as the three began to bicker and across the dancefloor caught sight of Seren of Arcane. They had not spoken much, but as their gazes met, Rosie bowed her head respectfully. Good luck, her expression seemed to say. I hope you had fun.

Nature’s academy was leagues different from Arcane’s. Long story short, nature was everywhere, instead of pink crystals or the occasional exploding book. Students milled about the ballroom, laughing as they chatted over drinks and snacks. Seren felt very out of place in this intact, pretty, and natural building, but she was excited to be here nonetheless.

“Did you know,” Dream said suddenly, and everyone in their friend group turned to look at her. “That Nature has an old tradition at these kinds of balls?”

“Really?” Seren asked. “What is it?”

Dream whipped out a small, spiky plant. “Whoever stands beneath the mistletoe,” she said, unbridled eagerness in her voice. “Must kiss!”

Everyone stared at her, aghast. What a bold tradition! Seren was about to ask more about it when she saw Dream’s eyes flit towards Spell and Rune. Or… not a tradition, she decided. Judging by Dream’s stance, this was less “I will educate you all for the greater good” and more “heck yeah, vengeance!”

“We don’t want to disobey Nature’s tradition in their homeland,” Dream continued in a gentle voice. “Would we, Spell and Rune?”

“Um, Dream,” Spell said, fins flitting nervously. “A-Are you still made about the thing with the gembond? Look, we didn’t know Fluffledore would pick you. Or that we would end up starving Seren-”

“That was your idea,” Rune said, fairly sweating at this point. Dream turned dangerous eyes on him. “It was… all him.” he swept both arms and all six wings at Spell. “Him.”

Dream flicked her wings. “Bind!” Before either of them knew what was happening, a brilliant pink burst of magic linked Rune’s right horn with Spell’s left leg. Dream smiled eerily. “Tradition!” she crowed, then lunged at the two of them. Shrieking, Rune and Spell tried to go in different directions, only for Spell to get pulled along by Rune.

“Help!!” Rune yelled.

“Let me go!” Spell screeched.

“REVENGE!” Dream roared.

Star and Seren watched them go.

“So,” Seren said. “Are we still friends with…” she waved a claw vaguely. “That?”

“Unfortunately,” Star replied, looking amused. “Would you like to dance?”

“Yes please!” Seren flitted down the stairs with Star. As they moved, she caught sight of Rosie, Nature’s champion. The Imperial nodded cheerily at her, catching her off guard. Though she hadn’t interacted much with the Imperial, Seren had watched her events and she’d been stunned by the other champion. If they were in the same academy, Seren had a feeling they would be great friends.

Though, of course, they didn’t need to be in the same academy to be friends.

Doing her best imitation of what other dragon breeds called a “smile,” Seren waved back at Rosie. Maybe after this dance, she’d go over and get acquainted with the other champion.

Star led her onto the dance floor, and they quickly integrated themselves into the lineup of the other Fae dancers. Just as Seren spun in the air, she heard Rune and Spell’s wail, followed by a muffled sound.

Her crests flicked up cheerfully. It was a good ending to the Biwizard Cup.

From the stage at the front of the platform, Fluffledore called everyone to attention. The Goaler was ready to announce the winner.

"Maybe the Biwizard Cup was the friends we made along the way," Ancordia whispered as they were ushered to the front of the room. Rosie laughed merrily as this was met with groans. With her friends around her and safe, she was at peace. She had done all she could, and there were no regrets. As a swarm of butterflies exploded into the evening air, Rosie was confident that come what may she had been given the Gladekeeper's blessing.

"Champions and esteemed guests!" Fluffledore bellowed. "The winner is...!"

Much thanks to @onemessyperson for today's lore! And much thanks to MythicalViper for Arcane's part. Thank you to Arcane's Lore team for collaborating with us and creating some truly awesome lore for our battle!

hey question where’s arcane’s sorting? i took the quiz, but i realized this was for the nature flight and not arcane
hey question where’s arcane’s sorting? i took the quiz, but i realized this was for the nature flight and not arcane
79214-D0-C-861-D-48-DA-8-FC4-FA6-DAB2-FED74.gif
hi i’m radio! it/they

•hatchery
•wishlist
•art shop here soon!
tDeKDnH.png
1 2 3 4 5