Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | can we talk about the toridae chew toy?
1 2 3 4 5
Dryad foot
For fashion
Dryad foot
For fashion
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-06-27 06:22:09" ] Dryad foot For fashion [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tnJYZ3m.png[/img]
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-06-27 06:22:09:
Dryad foot
For fashion
tnJYZ3m.png
I LITERALLY QUEStioned this and had to check if someone asked the same thing. Okay first of all, you all have to keep in mind that Sornieth is not Earth. It's a planet similar to Earth in size (a bit larger) and its axial tilt, also from what we know the contents like water exists on the planet, possibly oxygen in a gas state as well. All in all, an atmosphere most likely similar to what Earth has. What we also know is that the planet has several moons, including two larger moons. Now what we don't know is what sort of life exists there and by what I mean their chemical composition. Life on Earth is called "organic", based on Carbon, perhaps the creatures that live on Sornieth aren't even entirely organic which would explain how they're capable of controlling matter around them (Water dragons being hydrokinetic, Fire dragons being pyrokinetic) and maybe even being more intelligent in certain aspects than humans or any other animal on Earth. We have feral animals who can control matter which means that's a genetic and evolutionary trait that has been passed down since the earliest days of Sornieth. The gods obviously themselves reached a higher state of mind during that billion of years and they genetically and perhaps even materially designed dragonkind. They couldn't have created them out of nothing and the dragonkind follows a highly specific anatomical plan which means they were genetically created out of one specific phylum of organisms that exist or have existed on Sornieth for a very long time. The lore of FR says that the gods shaped the entire planet and I'm instantly telling you that that is not scientifically possible. They could have shaped certain parts if they can control matter but, for example, Earthshaker smashing the ground with his arm wouldn't cause the planet to tilt unless he was heading towards the planet at a very fast speed and was the size of a smaller planet. Anyway, that aside, humans have not and will not exist on that planet. Technically, they could but the chances for that are minimal and the organisms are way too different. There are some "humanoid" creatures but they were based on human myths, traditions and folklore such as Centaurs who supposedly have the upper part of a human body and arms, legs and body of an equine. Now, what I have to tell you is that a human-like upper "torso" and an equine rest of the body is highly unlikely evolution-wise. Here's a visual representation of something I will be talking about: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5MaQ7i3.png[/img] [right][u]Art by Viergacht on Deviantart[/u][/right] On Sornieth there appears to be two (2) phyla of vertebrate creatures, and possibly many other phyla or kingdoms such as the so called plant-animal hybrids when they're in all actuality neither. On the phylogenetic tree, animals, fungi and plants are separate kingdoms but in the case of these....organisms, it appears they evolved cells with parts that are capable of complex functions such as those of animals, photosynthesis like those of plants and spore reproduction such the one of fungi. Let's called them Hibrida. There are also arthropods, annelids, molluscs, sponges, etc and those are only phyla of animal-like creatures. Another stranger kingdom of organisms would be Mimics, or let's call them Simulata, which are obviously multicellular organisms with the ability to control their cells and build strange body structures with those cells. I am pretty sure those are not entirely organic either. I'm not even gonna go too deep into the phylogenetic tree of Earth, that is extremely vast. Here are some familiar examples of Arthropoda, Mollusca, Hibrida and Simulata: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/9225.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/629.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/18439.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/25174.png[/img][/center] Anyway there's one major difference that separates those two Chordata phyla: a) the first phylum features an anatomical plan that is practically the same as the Chordata from Earth which means: one head (unless we have polycephaly but I'm not gonna go through all possible mutations), two arms and two legs (unless we have polymelia), one spine, one torso, one pelvis, and one tail. Yes, horses have arms, so do fish, they're all the same, it's how evolution works. You can find the humerus, ulna and radius bones even in front fish fins. Examples: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21419.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/27763.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/17496.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/5196.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21090.png[/img][/center] b) the second phylum features a similar but still a different anatomical plan: one head, [b]four[/b] arms, two legs, one spine, one longer torso that holds two pairs of arms or a separated torso aka "two" torsos, one pelvis and one tail. As you can see, these have 2 pairs of arms and 1 pair of legs. Examples: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/360.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/3070.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/25414.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/15594.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/19267.png[/img][/center] According to the examples above, in the second phylum even the "fish" have two pectoral fins aka two pairs of primitive arms. What phylum do our dragons belong to? The second one, since they have two pairs of arms (one for holding/walking/whatever, the other one as wings). How did these individuals from two different phyla evolve to look similar? [i]Convergent evolution.[/i] While it is cute to think that the Centaurs have humanoid upper torsos and heads, they really don't in real life. If anything their upper limbs and especially head most definitely resemble the more equine-esque lower portion. OR, if you wanna go full chaotic, their upper part resembles a humanoid creature.....but so does the lower part :^) Anyway, what does this all have to do with this discussion? Firstly, proves one thing that there are no humans on this planet, and secondly, that there needs to be a specific type of anatomy amongst organisms to wear such shoes. Those shoes that Toridae chew (I think Toridae belong to the Hibrida kingdom) were specifically made for human feet aka footwear that covers toes (phalanges), metatarsals, tarsals and the heel aka the entire foot. It appears that only dryads (another evolutionary form of Hibrida) who appear to have evolved feet similar to humans', have the necessary feet to fit those shoes. Do NOT put footwear made for human feet on digitigrade organisms and their toes. All dragons we have on FR, who I believe belong to the class called Draco (they're not lizards, they're not reptiles, they're not birds or mammals, they are dragons), are all digitigrade which means they walk on their fingers and pads (the soft pads at the root of the phalanges) and the toes and their pads. Imagine putting a miniature shoe on your human foot that cuts into your sole and keep walking like that. It'd be torture, just don't do it. Centaurs are unguligrades which means they walk on only their toes and fingers, most certainly not good limb anatomy for such footwear. Also, since both Dryads and Toridae seem to be Hibrida, maybe those two families of organisms live in some sort of symbiosis? Anyway, to conclude, biology of Sornieth is wild and I'm surprised there has been so much continuous consistency and attention to detail in organism anatomy. If all of that is completely accidental, that is absolutely hilarious and the Staff has had a mad streak of luck.
I LITERALLY QUEStioned this and had to check if someone asked the same thing.

Okay first of all, you all have to keep in mind that Sornieth is not Earth. It's a planet similar to Earth in size (a bit larger) and its axial tilt, also from what we know the contents like water exists on the planet, possibly oxygen in a gas state as well. All in all, an atmosphere most likely similar to what Earth has. What we also know is that the planet has several moons, including two larger moons. Now what we don't know is what sort of life exists there and by what I mean their chemical composition. Life on Earth is called "organic", based on Carbon, perhaps the creatures that live on Sornieth aren't even entirely organic which would explain how they're capable of controlling matter around them (Water dragons being hydrokinetic, Fire dragons being pyrokinetic) and maybe even being more intelligent in certain aspects than humans or any other animal on Earth. We have feral animals who can control matter which means that's a genetic and evolutionary trait that has been passed down since the earliest days of Sornieth. The gods obviously themselves reached a higher state of mind during that billion of years and they genetically and perhaps even materially designed dragonkind. They couldn't have created them out of nothing and the dragonkind follows a highly specific anatomical plan which means they were genetically created out of one specific phylum of organisms that exist or have existed on Sornieth for a very long time.

The lore of FR says that the gods shaped the entire planet and I'm instantly telling you that that is not scientifically possible. They could have shaped certain parts if they can control matter but, for example, Earthshaker smashing the ground with his arm wouldn't cause the planet to tilt unless he was heading towards the planet at a very fast speed and was the size of a smaller planet.
Anyway, that aside, humans have not and will not exist on that planet. Technically, they could but the chances for that are minimal and the organisms are way too different. There are some "humanoid" creatures but they were based on human myths, traditions and folklore such as Centaurs who supposedly have the upper part of a human body and arms, legs and body of an equine. Now, what I have to tell you is that a human-like upper "torso" and an equine rest of the body is highly unlikely evolution-wise. Here's a visual representation of something I will be talking about:

5MaQ7i3.png
Art by Viergacht on Deviantart

On Sornieth there appears to be two (2) phyla of vertebrate creatures, and possibly many other phyla or kingdoms such as the so called plant-animal hybrids when they're in all actuality neither. On the phylogenetic tree, animals, fungi and plants are separate kingdoms but in the case of these....organisms, it appears they evolved cells with parts that are capable of complex functions such as those of animals, photosynthesis like those of plants and spore reproduction such the one of fungi. Let's called them Hibrida. There are also arthropods, annelids, molluscs, sponges, etc and those are only phyla of animal-like creatures. Another stranger kingdom of organisms would be Mimics, or let's call them Simulata, which are obviously multicellular organisms with the ability to control their cells and build strange body structures with those cells. I am pretty sure those are not entirely organic either. I'm not even gonna go too deep into the phylogenetic tree of Earth, that is extremely vast. Here are some familiar examples of Arthropoda, Mollusca, Hibrida and Simulata:
9225.png629.png18439.png25174.png

Anyway there's one major difference that separates those two Chordata phyla:
a) the first phylum features an anatomical plan that is practically the same as the Chordata from Earth which means: one head (unless we have polycephaly but I'm not gonna go through all possible mutations), two arms and two legs (unless we have polymelia), one spine, one torso, one pelvis, and one tail. Yes, horses have arms, so do fish, they're all the same, it's how evolution works. You can find the humerus, ulna and radius bones even in front fish fins. Examples:
21419.png27763.png17496.png5196.png21090.png

b) the second phylum features a similar but still a different anatomical plan: one head, four arms, two legs, one spine, one longer torso that holds two pairs of arms or a separated torso aka "two" torsos, one pelvis and one tail. As you can see, these have 2 pairs of arms and 1 pair of legs. Examples:
360.png3070.png
25414.png15594.png
19267.png

According to the examples above, in the second phylum even the "fish" have two pectoral fins aka two pairs of primitive arms. What phylum do our dragons belong to? The second one, since they have two pairs of arms (one for holding/walking/whatever, the other one as wings). How did these individuals from two different phyla evolve to look similar? Convergent evolution.

While it is cute to think that the Centaurs have humanoid upper torsos and heads, they really don't in real life. If anything their upper limbs and especially head most definitely resemble the more equine-esque lower portion. OR, if you wanna go full chaotic, their upper part resembles a humanoid creature.....but so does the lower part :^)

Anyway, what does this all have to do with this discussion? Firstly, proves one thing that there are no humans on this planet, and secondly, that there needs to be a specific type of anatomy amongst organisms to wear such shoes. Those shoes that Toridae chew (I think Toridae belong to the Hibrida kingdom) were specifically made for human feet aka footwear that covers toes (phalanges), metatarsals, tarsals and the heel aka the entire foot. It appears that only dryads (another evolutionary form of Hibrida) who appear to have evolved feet similar to humans', have the necessary feet to fit those shoes. Do NOT put footwear made for human feet on digitigrade organisms and their toes. All dragons we have on FR, who I believe belong to the class called Draco (they're not lizards, they're not reptiles, they're not birds or mammals, they are dragons), are all digitigrade which means they walk on their fingers and pads (the soft pads at the root of the phalanges) and the toes and their pads. Imagine putting a miniature shoe on your human foot that cuts into your sole and keep walking like that. It'd be torture, just don't do it. Centaurs are unguligrades which means they walk on only their toes and fingers, most certainly not good limb anatomy for such footwear.

Also, since both Dryads and Toridae seem to be Hibrida, maybe those two families of organisms live in some sort of symbiosis?

Anyway, to conclude, biology of Sornieth is wild and I'm surprised there has been so much continuous consistency and attention to detail in organism anatomy. If all of that is completely accidental, that is absolutely hilarious and the Staff has had a mad streak of luck.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Mycatking" date="2019-06-22 07:37:31" ] [quote name="TheNobleAbsol" date="2019-06-21 14:23:21" ] so you're tryna tell me [img]https://i.imgur.com/8mvmEbh.png[/img] [/quote] those are his timbs [/quote]
Mycatking wrote on 2019-06-22 07:37:31:
TheNobleAbsol wrote on 2019-06-21 14:23:21:
so you're tryna tell me

8mvmEbh.png
those are his timbs
udj6wT1.png
oh shoet
oh shoet
tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif
used to be SoullessRogue/SoullessARMY
lost|20|she/he/they|isfj-t|omnisexual/romantic|fr+2
send me a friend request or message, i'm happy to chat~ if you need help or have any questions i'm always open!

wishlist|Hibernal Den Item Trading Hub|i'll pay you to brew!
tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif
Then again, some dog chew toys in our world resemble things that we wouldn't use, so maybe it's just a chew toy designed to look like a shoe?
Then again, some dog chew toys in our world resemble things that we wouldn't use, so maybe it's just a chew toy designed to look like a shoe?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="MiniPandaBuns" date="2019-06-21 13:45:57" ] well there used to be humans on Sornieth, but they were all wiped out in the explosion that created the Arcanist, right? [/quote] Pretty sure it was this, but yeah. The shoe would've definitely rotted into something else by now. Hmmm.
MiniPandaBuns wrote on 2019-06-21 13:45:57:
well there used to be humans on Sornieth, but they were all wiped out in the explosion that created the Arcanist, right?
Pretty sure it was this, but yeah. The shoe would've definitely rotted into something else by now. Hmmm.
4UUQPPZ.gif
[quote name="VoxxVoleur" date="2019-08-15 11:39:25" ] [quote name="MiniPandaBuns" date="2019-06-21 13:45:57" ] well there used to be humans on Sornieth, but they were all wiped out in the explosion that created the Arcanist, right? [/quote] Pretty sure it was this, but yeah. The shoe would've definitely rotted into something else by now. Hmmm. [/quote] [item=old world rabbit]These rabbits managed to survive two apocalypses, so maybe the shoes are made out of their skin and that's why they haven't decomposed yet.
VoxxVoleur wrote on 2019-08-15 11:39:25:
MiniPandaBuns wrote on 2019-06-21 13:45:57:
well there used to be humans on Sornieth, but they were all wiped out in the explosion that created the Arcanist, right?
Pretty sure it was this, but yeah. The shoe would've definitely rotted into something else by now. Hmmm.
Old World Rabbit These rabbits managed to survive two apocalypses, so maybe the shoes are made out of their skin and that's why they haven't decomposed yet.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
1 2 3 4 5